THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Tactica

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
a1elbow
Kabalite Warrior
a1elbow

Dark Eldar Tactica - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Tactica   Dark Eldar Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 15:56

@Sorrowshard wrote:
Hmm thing is a heam costs very little, none of the classic HQ's are that good if we are being really honest, what with having to plan round the archon needing 5's to do anything, he's whifftacular, succubi die so easily, t3 with a 4++ is utter shite vs other characters and it's very unlikely she can put out enough damage to drop someone before they drop her.

even though I like blaster archons they are expensive for a single extra blaster shot per turn, you are better off putting those points back into more cost effective options and bulking out the core of the list.

Don't just listen to me, two recent tourneys were won in the uk, both with a single heam as hq, this only supports what I have been saying for ages.

It's not that DE hq's suck just that to make them good enough is too many points, tbh for the most part I think the majority of the special characters are borderline bad too.

Yeah, but you have to take one. I see people take naked Haemonculi and just stick him where he hopefully won't get in the way, but a Blaster Archon isn't much (if you just give him a Blaster). I think sometimes the twenty to thirty points for a low-end Succubus or Archon get's blown out of proportion.
Back to top Go down
Sorrowshard
Sybarite
Sorrowshard

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Tactica   Dark Eldar Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 19:46

Depends what that 30 points gets you elsewhere really, but a flat 75 points for a blaster archon is ok for sure. 30 points may not sound like much but when you are tuning for max effectiveness it can make quite a big difference actually.

Kabalite Warrior
a1elbow

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Tactica   Dark Eldar Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12 2011, 21:23

@Sorrowshard wrote:
Depends what that 30 points gets you elsewhere really, but a flat 75 points for a blaster archon is ok for sure. 30 points may not sound like much but when you are tuning for max effectiveness it can make quite a big difference actually.

Maybe, but at some point the idea of "maximum" effectiveness is overrated. I see people freak out about ten points here because you could add two Shock Prows or whatever, but that is piddly stuff. Thirty points is solid if you could get Night Shields on some Ravagers or something like that, but at some point the idea of list building breaks down. Thirty points for a guaranteed S8 Lance shot is solid, it isn't thirty points for a Dracon with Ghostplate and some other crap.
Back to top Go down
ThePhish
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Tactica   Dark Eldar Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2011, 18:58

Where does it say that the shattershard can only be used 1 time? I see where it says that they "may only be included once in your army", but that means I can only have 1 in the army and has no limitations as to how many times it can be fired fire.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Tactica   Dark Eldar Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2011, 19:10

@ThePhish wrote:
Where does it say that the shattershard can only be used 1 time? I see where it says that they "may only be included once in your army", but that means I can only have 1 in the army and has no limitations as to how many times it can be fired fire.
Page 61. It says "One Shot".

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
ThePhish
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Tactica   Dark Eldar Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22 2011, 19:47

Err... whoops. Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
Smurfy
Kabalite Warrior
Smurfy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Tactica   Dark Eldar Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26 2011, 22:58

I know that the Djin Blade is a weapon, but it's under Wargear, hence making this Archon possible:

Djin Blade, Venom Blade, Splinter Pistol/Blast Pistol base.

This gives you a beastie DE Lord with 8 Power Weapon attacks on the charge (6 using Djin Blade + Pistol and then 2 separate PW attacks checking to hit yourself) or 6 Poison 2+ attacks and 2 PW Str-reliant attacks (Again the 2 separate PW attacks checking to hit yourself). Makes the Lord very utility for close combat, I find it better than the Husk Blade/ Soul Trap combo because that combo relies on you getting the IC or MC in the first place, risking the Archon's life getting in the thick of the heart of the enemy's likely defense. Agonizer falls short here because Thunder Shield Terminators don't care really for your 5 attacks, however 8 might make them wince.

Back to top Go down
Plague
Kabalite Warrior
Plague

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Tactica   Dark Eldar Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 10:16

Great read, thanks for reposting this wonderful resource!

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Tactica   Dark Eldar Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31 2011, 00:58

I see you have some Grotesques builds. I might be able to add one for you.

1 Uriel
3 Grotesques (S6 Rule, 1 Model with LG, 1 Model naked, 1 Abberation with either a SH, VB, or FG)
Raider with EAS, NS, FF
Total: 420 - 435 (give or take, dont have the codex or AB infront of me)

1. Now you have a squad that has three pain tokens.
2. Different set ups, so now you can play the wound allocation game with 15 - 16 wounds.
3. Also everyone is T5, rarely ID due to 2xSTR.
4. Your abberation can reroll to wound on most things due to the posion rule and him being STR 6.
5. You can purposely put wounds on Uriel so he can heal a wound.
6. You can smash light armor.
7. Forgot to mention that the grotesques are STR 7 on the charge, and Uriel is STR 4.

”We the unwilling, led by the ungrateful, are doing the impossible. We've done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do something with nothing." - Konstantin Josef Jireček

My Dark Eldar Blog: The Shardnet and Impaler - Dark Eldar Lists

Last edited by Kayto_Karite on Sun Jul 31 2011, 09:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.theshardnetandimpaler.com/
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Tactica   Dark Eldar Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31 2011, 08:19

The sad thing is that the unit is actually a lot cheaper with just two regular haemonculi.
It doesn't have all of the same merits, but instead you can tailor it a lot more.
Could have a webway (or two!), more templates, etc.

Slave
MaleOpener76

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Tactica   Dark Eldar Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 03 2011, 22:38

1. For your blood brides, a squad of 8 with the Syren, could only take 2 HGs not 3.

2. Your 10 model wych squads, are taking only 2 weapon options, when they should be taking 3.

3. I'd keep shardnet/impalers and razorflails on wyches, while using HGs on blood brides.

4. I wouldn't take more than 9 hellions in a squad, as they are too fragile for their points.

5. I keep my reaver squads small as well, only 3 models but sometimes push to 4. Give one biker a heat lance , and another either the talon or caltrops, depnding on the for you're facing.

All in all, I enjoyed the guide you wrote. I don't agree with all your tactics, but there's enough information for players to make their own decisions. Something I like to see in every player-made guide.

Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Tactica   Dark Eldar Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04 2011, 05:06

@MaleOpener76 wrote:
1. For your blood brides, a squad of 8 with the Syren, could only take 2 HGs not 3.

Incorrect - its 1 per 3 models and with 8 BB plus the syren thats 9...

@MaleOpener76 wrote:
2. Your 10 model wych squads, are taking only 2 weapon options, when they should be taking 3.

Again incorrect - its 1 per 5 models so 2 is correct

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Tactica   Dark Eldar Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2011, 00:02

In my recent, albeit limited experience, I found having a Flickerfield really useful - I put one on my Razorwing because it was going up against a Defiler, and Night Shields obviously wouldn't have helped. Ok there was some luck on my part, but those ten points saved it from getting a weapon destroyed, being immobilised and being completely destroyed, and in return it was exactly the distraction it needed to be for the Defiler, which spent the whole game firing at it and ignoring the Wyches that chewed up my friends expensive Noise Marines. It's never going out without a Flickerfield!

I suppose it depends what you're fighting, but if you consider it, every army has something which will completely ignore Night Shields, and it's often one of the most powerful weapons in the army, if not the most. For the points, I'd rather run the risk of not moving flat out, having full firepower and still having a save of some sort if something big and nasty is being fired at it.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Tactica   Dark Eldar Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 27 2011, 00:37

@Smurfy wrote:
I know that the Djin Blade is a weapon, but it's under Wargear, hence making this Archon possible:

Djin Blade, Venom Blade, Splinter Pistol/Blast Pistol base.

This gives you a beastie DE Lord with 8 Power Weapon attacks on the charge (6 using Djin Blade + Pistol and then 2 separate PW attacks checking to hit yourself) or 6 Poison 2+ attacks and 2 PW Str-reliant attacks (Again the 2 separate PW attacks checking to hit yourself). Makes the Lord very utility for close combat, I find it better than the Husk Blade/ Soul Trap combo because that combo relies on you getting the IC or MC in the first place, risking the Archon's life getting in the thick of the heart of the enemy's likely defense. Agonizer falls short here because Thunder Shield Terminators don't care really for your 5 attacks, however 8 might make them wince.

It's listed under wargear but it clearly states that it is a power weapon, and as such a special close combat weapon and limited by all the same rules as any other special CCW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Tactica   Dark Eldar Tactica - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Tactica
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: