The game against another BA guy weeks ago. Maelstrom of War Mission #4. I wanted to try my Officio Assassinorum against his mephistar, but my opponent requested the full-colored & pure-race game. It was fun though
I won the deployment dice and gave him the first turn. Tried to seize it, but failed. Also failed the nightfighting roll. Wyches got +1 WS combat drugs. His mephiston threw all dice for divination. The librarian picked Invisibility
Turn 1. All Blood Angels marched forward and shot my ships - one raider got crew-shaken, another got weapon-destroyed, and one venom got exploded. BA took the First Blood. Though, every passengers passed the Ld and/or Pinning Tests.
DE killed some marines with dissie cannons. Most wyches disembarked and the only raider with wyches flied to the BA's backyard (thanks to aethersail-move & flat-out) to contest an objective. Beasts had no choice but charge into a raider. The vehicle was wrecked but marines with one flamer disembarked without any damage.
Turn 2. Many fun things happened.
- The invading raider was shot by a termi squad and land speeder BUT NOT WRECKED!
- The termi squad crushed the raider in the assault phase and most of wyches were killed by the explosion BUT THE LAST SURVIVING WYCH PASSED THE DOUBLE 1 LD TEST AND TOOK THE OBJECTIVE AGAIN!
- Meanwhile, the flamer directly hit the beasts (15 auto-hits as I remember) BUT BARON DEFENDED 13 WOUNDS! They then assaulted but was annihilated by the beasts.
Voidraven bomber came out but Mephiston's quadgun shooting buffed by Ignores Cover psychic made its crew stunned. Meanwhile, an empty raider captured another objective in the BA's backyard and resultant VP. The beaststar killed a unit of assault marines and earned its second pain token. Two units of wyches charged into a land speed and rhino, respectively - only the former succeeded in wrecking the vehicle.
Turn 3. The last wych was finally killed, but she earned two VPs anyway and tied a land speeder and termis for three turns - Woman of the Match on that day!
On the other side, BA deathstar of Mephiston, Corbulo, and Librarian massacred the beasts. My opponent called the challenge twice and Vect finally failed his 2++ roll <- but this was misplay. At this moment, it was too late and we decided not to play Turn 4. The game ended in a 4-4 draw.
- DE's unique speed with Objective Secured rule is greatly useful in the 7th environments
- I need to focus on deployment more; the beaststar should have avoided the mephistar
- It's very difficult to fight against psykers with a pure DE army...
==========================War history of Gum-Un'dar Councilvs Blood Angels (2000 pts) /w old codexvs Blood Angels (1500 pts) /w old codexvs Eldar (1500 pts)