THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Stunclaw Question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
insidius
Slave

Stunclaw Question Empty
PostSubject: Stunclaw Question   Stunclaw Question I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 01:02

When you snatch an IC away from his squad, is the Hellion squad and the IC considered to be locked in combat?

I.e. does this prevent the enemy shooting at the Hellion squad with the snatched IC the next round?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Stunclaw Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stunclaw Question   Stunclaw Question I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 06:02

Short answer - yes, they are locked in combat.

Long answer - Per the rulebook under Hellions and Stunclaw pg. 28

"this new combat will be continued next turn"

Back to top Go down
insidius
Slave

Stunclaw Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stunclaw Question   Stunclaw Question I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 06:03

Interesting...

I like that a LOT, then...

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

Stunclaw Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stunclaw Question   Stunclaw Question I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 07:51

I have not used the stun claw yet, but aren't you afraid of the counter assault? Even if you pull off the snatching of the IC, can you get away far enough to not have the original squad you snatched the IC out off counter attack you again?

That's what I wonder. So in order to pull it off succesfully you'll need to support the Hellions with another squad of Hellions or Wyches to assault the remaining squad.

insidius
Slave

Stunclaw Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stunclaw Question   Stunclaw Question I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 07:59

Well, if you choose your targets carefully, go after low Initiative units, you won't have to worry as much about it, and you'll be protected from shooting.

That said, I haven't played in ages and am just getting back into the hobby, so I may be wrong.
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

Stunclaw Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stunclaw Question   Stunclaw Question I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 11:59

@tlronin wrote:
I have not used the stun claw yet, but aren't you afraid of the counter assault? Even if you pull off the snatching of the IC, can you get away far enough to not have the original squad you snatched the IC out off counter attack you again?

That's what I wonder. So in order to pull it off succesfully you'll need to support the Hellions with another squad of Hellions or Wyches to assault the remaining squad.

NO, this rule is ment to be used in your opponents assault phase, so you snach IC-drag him close to incuni/archon/talos/wyches ect and KILL. Hard to do since helions have to wistand one round of CC with him and his squad.

My question is....can we drag IC with this rule if he is without a squad to acompany him/her?? Just to move him/her closer to our IC-killing unit?

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

Stunclaw Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stunclaw Question   Stunclaw Question I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 12:35

Oh right, thnx GrenAcid.

As for your question, I don't have the dex on me right now, but I can't remember anything that says you can't. So seems legit to me.

Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

Stunclaw Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stunclaw Question   Stunclaw Question I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 16:09

It just has two prerequisites:
1. You have to perform a succesfull hit & run.
2. The target must be an independent character.

If both of these are fulfilled the IC is dragged along on a 2+, regardless of him having a unit around or not.

tlronin
Wych

Stunclaw Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stunclaw Question   Stunclaw Question I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12 2011, 23:07

Thnx again Tiri, you're on fire today. Wink

Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

Stunclaw Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stunclaw Question   Stunclaw Question I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 23:55

Very interesting Q&A here - good to know.

I did a Hit and Run recently and with the Baron you get to re-roll the initiative test and you get to re-roll the distance 3d6" too - so conceivably you can escape a counter charge if you try the H&R at the end of your Assault phase. Of course, if you had combo-charged with another unit then no need to worry.

Looking at the last two games - I had one instance where I had a squad of wracks and Hellions in combat with Eldrad and Dire Avengers, if I had a stun claw I could have pulled Eldrad out but I am not sure I would want to do that (and leaving the Wracks with the Dires). The opportunity was there though.

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
SinisterPlank
Hellion

Stunclaw Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stunclaw Question   Stunclaw Question I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06 2011, 01:27

H&R at the end of your close combat turn, with the stun claw, let's you do two things.
1: Move your Hellion unit away from potential support assaults in the following enemy turn
2: shift around the models in B2B with the IC, potentially maximising the amount of attacks you can allocate on him the next round of combat.

With alittle planning, crafty use of terrain (wich H&R moves ignore AFAIK) and a good enough roll, you just might avoid any assault at all in the following round, and even if you can't, at least you'll not have to worry about any shooting softening up your Hellions.

Sidenote, Hellions should -always- come with a PGL, to counter assault bonus attacks.

Naturally, you'll also want to H&R at the end of the following enemy turn, regardless of how your own turn ended up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stunclaw Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stunclaw Question   Stunclaw Question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stunclaw Question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-