THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 New to Dark Eldar

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MrValkyrie175
Slave
MrValkyrie175

1500 New to Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 1500 New to Dark Eldar   1500 New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11 2014, 09:14

I am interested in starting a Dark Eldar army and was looking for some list critiquing before going out ad purchasing models.
I have not yet played a game with the 7th edition ruleset so I am unaware of any major changes that the new ruleset brings.

HQ
Archon with Ghostplate, Huskblade and Shadowfield-135 pts

ELITES
5 Incubi with Klavex in a Raider with Flickerfield, Nightshield and Shock Prow-232 pts

TROOPS
3x 10 man Kabalite Squad with Dark Lance and Sybarite with Power Sword. Each one mounted in a Raider with Flickerfield, Nightshield, Shock Prow and Splinter Rack-230 pts each

FAST ATTACK
2x 3 man Reaver Jetbikes squads, each squad has a Heat Lance-78 pts each

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager with three Dark Lances, Flickerfield and NIghtshield-125 pts

Razorwing Fighter with NIghtshield-165 pts

I am not looking for an ulta competitive list however I wouldn't mind winning a few games here and there.
Thanks,
Valkyrie
Back to top Go down
spooniermist
Hellion
spooniermist

PostSubject: Re: 1500 New to Dark Eldar   1500 New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11 2014, 11:00

I'm gonna prefix this by saying that, if the rumors are true, we'll be getting a new codex in the very near future, so I might suggest holding out on buying anything until you see the new codex (current rumor is 20th Sept, but who knows how accurate that really is).

With that in mind, here's some thoughts from our 5th ed codex in 7th ed:

* Bodies over upgrades is the motto I try and stick with: our transport and flimsy as all hell, and they'll die just as easily if they've got a flickerfield, or a flickerfield and show prow and splinter racks and... so, the best bet is to keep the upgrades to a minimum. Same goes for upgrades to squads: only take it if you need it. I'd suggest dropping all upgrades on transport then either having flickerfields or nightshields, which alone will save you 120 points, then drop all the upgrades from squads that you don't need, like Sybarites (warriors shouldn't be getting into combat), which should net you another 60 points.

* 1 heat lance in a squad of three reavers will either die quickly, or not be enough to kill a tank. I'd suggest going from 2 x 3 to 1 x 6, as it means that's 4 bodies protecting the heat lances instead of 2 x 2.

* You're lacking reliable anti tank, get another Ravager at least, and consider Wyches with haywires in a venom.

* Assuming the Archon is going with the incubi, give him a plasma grenade launcher, as he'll then be able to charge through terrain without losing out. Also, 5 incubi + archon with huskblade will destroy anything it touches, maybe too much so: if they charge in your turn then kill everything, they'll be sitting ducks for return fire next turn, try and make it so they win the combat in your opponant's turn. I find 3 or 4 incubi is enough.
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: 1500 New to Dark Eldar   1500 New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11 2014, 16:26

The archon starts with plasma grenades which are assault grenades (unless I missread something) so he doesnt need the grenade launcher unless he wants defensive grenades.
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: 1500 New to Dark Eldar   1500 New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11 2014, 17:59

Hear are a couple of different thoughts on the list.

The more squads the better because the more spread your points are. If a raider blows up it doesn't hurt as much since it is only worth 180 points in a 1500 point game. In a 1000 point 2v2 game I put 7 skimmers on the board which is a very spread points.

I agree with spooniermist. I'd drop an incubi, but put them in a venom and give the archon the soul trap upgrade (which will be cheaper then what you have).

You don't want the warriors outside of a vehicle unless you need to hold 2 objectives so giving him a power sword is not worth the extra points in my opinion.

I would drop one of the warrior squads for 2 wyches squad in venoms.

The fighter I like putting the flickerfield instead of the nightshield just because the majority of things that are anti air are 48" or greater so the -6" doesn't do much.

With all that's said you get to about 1440 points which allow you to mess around with fun stuff ( drugs on the archon, another ravager instead of one of the wyche squads.

(Note when I say a venom I also mean upgrading the venom with the 2nd splinter cannon and night shield on the venom)
Back to top Go down
MrValkyrie175
Slave
MrValkyrie175

PostSubject: Re: 1500 New to Dark Eldar   1500 New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13 2014, 04:42

@spooniermist
@Bleaksoul Brethren

I have revised the list a bit, following the advice you guys gave.

HQ
Archon with Huskblade, Ghostplate, Shadowfield and Soultrap and Haywires-150 pts

ELITES
3 INcubi in a Venom with Splinter Cannon-131 pts

TROOPS
3x 10 Kabalites with Dark Lance in Raider with Flickerfield-185 pts each

5 Wyches with Haywires in a Venom with Splinter Cannon-125 pts

FAST ATTACK
6 Reaver Jetbikes with 2 Heat Lances-156 pts (I feel as though, if anything, this would be the first to go.)

HEAVY SUPPORT
2x Ravager with Flickerfield-115 pts each

Razorwing Fighter with Flickerfield-155 pts

Is this looking better? Also, should I go for some different weapons on the warriors or is the Lance fine?

Cheers,
Valkyrie
Back to top Go down
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

PostSubject: Re: 1500 New to Dark Eldar   1500 New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13 2014, 09:20

It looks great. The downside with a lance on warriors in a vehicle is that when the vehicle moves the lance snap shoots. You have enough anti armor in my opinion for going against most armies I would give them something else and use the extra points for night shields, splinter racks, another incubi, or whatever you want to do.
Back to top Go down
MrValkyrie175
Slave
MrValkyrie175

PostSubject: Re: 1500 New to Dark Eldar   1500 New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14 2014, 02:05

Alright, thanks for the tips and advice.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1500 New to Dark Eldar   1500 New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14 2014, 07:45

@MrValkyrie175 wrote:
I have revised the list a bit, following the advice you guys gave.
Cool, that way I can just critique this one.

@MrValkyrie175 wrote:
HQ
Archon with Huskblade, Ghostplate, Shadowfield and Soultrap and Haywires-150 pts

ELITES
3 INcubi in a Venom with Splinter Cannon-131 pts
Okay, first off, I actually disagree with making the Incubi squad this small, as I tend to find five works fine and gives you a body to lose in Overwatch or other happenings. That said, with them currently being a box of 5 you'll be able to play them at 3-5 models and draw your own conclusions about which works.

Second off, whoever suggested a PGL made good sense.
Whoever suggested you not take it I disagree with.

Yes, the Archon has Assault grenades - yes, he doesn't need a PGL unless he wants defensive grenades - that is true.
Now please look at the Incubi wargear - see any grenades?
Exactly.

Personally I think it's a pretty smart investment - you can go without it to save points but you need to pay sharp attention to what's going on because, yeah, you'll probably take that init. donk.

I will also admit that I think Ghostplate is a waste - generally speaking at the point I fail a save, I'm usually dying to instantdeath anyway - it is rare that I have an Archon wittled down by weak hits, usually I die in a challenge when my Shadowfield fails. SO I never see the value in Ghostplate, because on weak shooting my Incubi are taking it, and with a Trap/Husk Archon you're always going to be in challenges anyway fighting probably the toughest thing there. Just my thought on that one.

@MrValkyrie175 wrote:
TROOPS
3x 10 Kabalites with Dark Lance in Raider with Flickerfield-185 pts each
Personally I am neutral on sniper builds now. I might suggest a different warrior loadout altogether. My big issue with it is that when you're shooting the lance you're wasting the 9 s.rifles as a good lance target is almost never a good s.rifle target. That's why 5 Warriors w. 1 Blaster works so well, because you're not wasting a lot of points in shots you're not using (also, the assault Blaster pairs better in a vehicle due to the ability to move and shoot.

If you do intend to go with the sniper boats, keep in mind what you have there during deployment - it will not always be the best idea to start the lances in the boats, especially if there are objectives that can be camped.

Personally I would never run more than 2 sniper boats no matter what, and would tend to suggest the blaster build. Heck, maybe even a s.cannon build as at least then the unit is built to hurt infantry.

@MrValkyrie175 wrote:
5 Wyches with Haywires in a Venom with Splinter Cannon-125 pts
This is a fine build.

@MrValkyrie175 wrote:
FAST ATTACK
6 Reaver Jetbikes with 2 Heat Lances-156 pts (I feel as though, if anything, this would be the first to go.)
This is a good option to have as first to go.
Also, I will admit I disagree with the player who suggested that 2x 3man builds are "easier" to kill than 1x 6man build. I personally think he is wrong. At the very least I would suggest it is easy to *debate* whether he is right or not. I don't want to re-write it so here's a link;

https://www.thedarkcity.net/t1027-unit-size-msu-and-full-size-squads-for-de

Section 1 (survivability) Example 3 is *specifically* about this exact question. Read it and decide for yourself which is a better option for you.

@MrValkyrie175 wrote:
HEAVY SUPPORT
2x Ravager with Flickerfield-115 pts each
I like this fine.

@MrValkyrie175 wrote:
Razorwing Fighter with Flickerfield-155 pts
This is okay. I personally find Ravagers overall better...but you currently are pretty light in anti-infantry tools, and the Razorwing is pretty darn good at that, so it might be a good idea to have.

Back to top Go down
MrValkyrie175
Slave
MrValkyrie175

PostSubject: Re: 1500 New to Dark Eldar   1500 New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14 2014, 08:33

@Thor665

Thanks heaps for your response. I tweaked the list a little after putting that one up.

The Reavers were dropped and were replaced by another haywire Wych squad. I also replaced the Lances in the warriors with Splinter Cannons. The Archon was given the PGL as suggested as well as Combat Drugs.
There's exactly enough points left over for another two Incubi which I am considering adding in but as Spooniermist said, if they slaughter a squad in one turn the they'll be sitting ducks.

Are the tweaks any more effective than what was there before?
Back to top Go down
spooniermist
Hellion
spooniermist

PostSubject: Re: 1500 New to Dark Eldar   1500 New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14 2014, 12:01

I just saw the revise list, started posting a response only to realise Thor665 already covered all the bases, damn his/her eyes!

The latest list sounds pretty perfect, if you take 4 Incubi that's probably quite reliable, maybe more so than 3 or 5. That's said, you still buy a box of 5, so you could play around with sizes. Though, 4 Incubi and an Archon fit really well into a Venom.
Back to top Go down
Dat_Other_Guy
Hellion
Dat_Other_Guy

PostSubject: Re: 1500 New to Dark Eldar   1500 New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14 2014, 15:31

When I started dark Eldar, I tried 9 man Reaver Jetbike squads with 3 cluster caltrops and 3 heat lances. I won my first 6 games to experienced players. Dark Eldar plays the aggressive game so well. I also tried raider spam with warriors. Although I do venom spam right now instead, raiders are pretty sweet. Although I using the Tanantalus. Pulse Disintegrators are awesome Smile. Back to the topic, try talos pain engines. They are relatively forgiving because of T7 and a 3+ armor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 New to Dark Eldar   1500 New to Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 New to Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: