- @Lord_Alino wrote:
- What exactly do we even need?
Hmm, let's see. In no particular order:
- Melee units that actually work.
- A lot of units need point drops.
- Come to that, so do a lot of weapons. Assuming blasters don't get an extra shot (which is the only reason plasmaguns cost 15pts), they should be 10pts. Dark Lances should probably be 15, unless GW would instead like to make them actually good.
- Wracks either straight troops or good enough to actually qualify as 'elites'.
- Haemonculus Ancient gets IWND (very minor buff, but fits the fluff), also it would be nice if there was more of a reason to take them (and Urien, for that matter).
- Refined Power from Pain system - taking into account that 2/3 of the current rules (including the one we rely on to aid our pathetic survivability) were nerfed in 6th.
- More weapon options on our vehicles. If it's not too much trouble, maybe ones that are actually useful.
- More weapon options on Trueborn and Warriors. Why is it that Marines can have about 10 different weapons, but we're stuck with:
- A Dark Lance
- A Short-range Dark Lance
- A garbage flamer-wannabe that no one ever takes
- More poison (we were running a bit short)
We even have other weapons - haywire blasters, heat lances etc. - they're just not available for... um... reasons.
- In particular, with vehicles being so amazing in this edition, it would be nice if we had some better weapons for taking them out. Eldar has a variety of useful weapons... yet we're stuck with just dark lances. I thought the point of a glass-cannon was that we can deal a lot of damage, but can't take damage back. So, why are our weapons outclassed by virtually every other race?
Also, whilst I like the idea of poison weapons, more recently I've found them as much of a hindrance as a bonus (can't hurt vehicles, worse against T3). At the very least, it would be nice to see either some different values for poison (not just a blanket 4+), or different weapons having different strength values (so, they're all 4+ still, but some can reroll against certain toughness scores). Come to that, why is it we're stuck with 4+ poison? I mean, even our Special Character - the pirate master of contraband - can only get 3+ poison. And yet SM sternguard get poison that is literally twice as effective. Go go Gadget Pea-Shooter!
- Really, a lot of equipment in general needs looking at - so much of it is worthless or just badly-overpriced:
Venom Blades - Good, basic weapon. No complaints, however, it always feels wrong when something like this is our go-to weapon - even for HQs - because our other weapons are so terrible and/or overpriced.
Power Weapons - I might consider a Power Axe on a Haemonculus (if I had spare points), or on one of our Sergeants, but that's about it.
Huskblade - Seems far too expensive for S3 models. Still, it's currently our only AP2 weapon that strikes at initiative and at least has a solid effect. Also, why does a Haemonculus pay as much for this as an Archon? Yeah, fear those WS4 I4 attacks. Rolling Eyes
Agoniser - Not a poison weapon, and now only AP3. Sigh. Our glass-cannon seems to be lacking ammunition.
Electrocorrosive Whip - Does anyone ever use this? I feel you could knock off 75% of its price and it would still never see play.
Flesh Gauntlet - Is there some sort of design code whereby crap weapons have to cost 20pts? I can't think of many situations where this would be better than Venom Blades (and it costs 4 times as much), and even fewer where poison-shooting wouldn't work even better. Still, at least it's available on the combat beast that is the Haemonculus...
Mindphase Gauntlet - An initiative-based weapon that's exclusive to I4 models (And the Haem. Ancient). Also very specific in its targets, and doesn't actually improve your combat abilities one iota. At least it's cheap, I guess.
Djin Blade - Combine with soul-trap and you can create possibly the only HQ in the game capable of instant-deathing himself. I'm not sure what particular issue that ability solves, but it's bound to solve something.
Animus Vitae - Did this really need to be a special weapon, rather than just working with whatever weapon the model happens to be wielding? In my mind this weapon is 'special' in the same way that the kid eating paste is 'special'.
Personally, I'd like to see more 'solid' weapons (like the agonizer pre-6th) - rather than ones that might do something useful if it's exactly 6pm, on a Tuesday and your opponent is feeling generous.
- Raiders get capacity 11 and/or Venoms get capacity 6. Every other race has at least one vehicle that can hold a 5- or 10-man squad plus 1-2 characters, I don't see why we need to be left out.
It would certainly be nice if the Agoniser was allowed its AP2 back. It's more than a little irritating that an I8 Succubus is only allowed AP2 if she's willing to sacrifice 7 points of initiative!
- I'm also with the others who'd like options for our HQs to take Skyboards and Jetbikes.
- Shadow Field save can never be rerolled, but a failed save only disables it until the end of the current turn.