THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

The crucible

Go down 
AuthorMessage
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

The crucible Empty
PostSubject: The crucible   The crucible I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 01 2014, 23:37

Well, we might lose the crucible in the upcoming codex but i have 2 questions:

1. if i have a model in a raider that moves 12" can i "shoot" the crucible, and thus use the entire hull of the raider as the measure point ?

2. are fearless psykers immune to the crucible ? since it states that they have to pass a ld test, and fearless models always autopass ld tests. Also maybe the psyker model may not be fearless but is in a unit with a fearless model in it, making it fearless Very Happy
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

The crucible Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crucible   The crucible I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2014, 01:28

As you can still shoot (albeit snap shots) at cruising speed then I would say yes you can open the crucible at cruising speed. Because you cannot shoot when moving flat out, you could not open the crucible.

If you can shoot, you can open

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

The crucible Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crucible   The crucible I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2014, 08:09

Yep, it's not a template or blast weapon so there's no reason you could not fire it even if forced to snap shot due to vehicle movement. Make sure you have TGL on the vehicle too for -1 on the LD test. If you can manage to get a Culexus Assassin within range (-3 LD) that would be absolutely devastating.

doriii
Sybarite
doriii

The crucible Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crucible   The crucible I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2014, 00:16

thanks for that clarification,

what do you say about the fearless ?

i play against ig/am blob that has a couple of psykers in it, and at least one squad is fearless, what say ye
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

The crucible Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crucible   The crucible I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2014, 06:19

Fearless makes no difference to the test for the Crucible as it only works on Pinning, Fear and Regroup tests and Morale checks. The Crucible requires a Ld test.

1++
Hekatrix

The crucible Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crucible   The crucible I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2014, 07:47

Yeah this edition has clarified that leadership and morale are different tests

Last edited by 1++ on Wed Sep 03 2014, 08:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

The crucible Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crucible   The crucible I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2014, 07:57

I'm supposed to be playing against Grey Knights this evening and I'm seriously considering trying this gimmick out.

1++
Hekatrix

The crucible Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crucible   The crucible I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2014, 08:01

@Count Adhemar wrote:
I'm supposed to be playing against Grey Knights this evening and I'm seriously considering trying this gimmick out.

I would Twisted Evil

Klaivex
Massaen

The crucible Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crucible   The crucible I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2014, 15:47

I managed to get it off within 6" of a torment grenade launcher AND with terrify cast on the unit - a unit of paladins with draigo, coteaz, tigerius and an Inquisitor in it...

all at -2LD I was expecting at least 1 fail...

It was the final round of a tourney, a max win would see me take overall champion

he passed all 5 tests...

I won the game but finished 4th...

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

The crucible Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crucible   The crucible I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03 2014, 15:55

The GK player tonight usually plays a similar death star but not sure if he will do so with the new codex. If he does, the Culexus, TGL and Crucible may well have a field day!

thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

The crucible Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crucible   The crucible I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08 2014, 04:25

Hey Count, you never told us how that went. Was it hilarious?

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

The crucible Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crucible   The crucible I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08 2014, 08:34

I ended up not using the Crucible as the list I had to build to accommodate it was not up to scratch. I did use the Culexus though and that thing is a beast - especially against GK.

Sponsored content

The crucible Empty
PostSubject: Re: The crucible   The crucible I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The crucible
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: