THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Getting Ready for the Michael Mudd Memorial Tournament

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skari
Wych
Skari

Getting Ready for the Michael Mudd Memorial Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Getting Ready for the Michael Mudd Memorial Tournament   Getting Ready for the Michael Mudd Memorial Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2014, 03:37

Ok, lets begin. The Michael Mudd Memorial Tournament is a tournament that the Startford Gaming Union Boys put together to honour the name of a Fellow Gamer who passed away too early! We raise money each year for the local humane society to help the animals. Each year, the communities support has been awesome and so I would like the BOOTAZ help to develop a fun Dark Eldar army to take to the event. There is a comp system in place, you get penalized for tripple choices, you get penalized for spending too many points on a single force org category. And there are no allies, or fortifications, or formations. SO! A pure, dark eldar army list eh? Well... that should not be too hard.

HQ - There should be none other, evil mastermind of a kabal.
Archon - Usually I go cheap with him, but at 1750 with only one force org, might have to spend on him a bit - Huskblade, Shadowfield, Haywire Grenades, Soultrap, Combat Drugs and a Phantasm Grenade Launcher. - 175pts

Elites-
I usually use some elite small units here, but to heck with it! A change of pace is in order.

7 Incubi
Raider - with enhanced sails

3 Trueborn with Dual Cannon
Venom with Dual Cannons

Troops -

10 Kabalites, Blaster, Splinter Cannon
Raider
5 Kabalites, blaster
Venom with dual cannons

8 Wyches, Hekatrix, Agonizer, haywires
Raider - enhanced sails
8 Wyches, Hekatrix, Agonizer, haywires
Raider - enhanced sails

Fast Attack-

10 Scourge - 4 haywire blasters

Heavy Support-
Razorwing Jetfighter
Razorwing Jetfighter

This list uses a lot of initial pressure with three highly mobile units in the enemies face really quickly, the ten scourge statistically do better against vehicles than 2 ravagers for about the same cost. And with the razowings I am looking to deal a hammer blow on turn 2... Im pretty sure I can pick my warlord trait, so that would be re rolling reserves and +1 to sieze. I think this list would be a lot of fun to play, challenging, yet good against a variety of different opponents.

Thoughts?

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Archon Rixec
Hellion
Archon Rixec

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ready for the Michael Mudd Memorial Tournament   Getting Ready for the Michael Mudd Memorial Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2014, 08:44

Nice list Smile
I hope there are not too much mechanized players at the MMMT otherwise you have too few antitank, imo.
I'd swap a razorwing for a ravager and with spared points i'd give trueborns blasters instead.
cheers
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ready for the Michael Mudd Memorial Tournament   Getting Ready for the Michael Mudd Memorial Tournament I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2014, 17:27

It would be helpful to know what the penalty levels are in order to comment on the list. How many points per category before being penalized? Is it one penalty, or can you receive it multiple times? How steep is the penalty?

....on second though, maybe you could just link the rules? lol

EDIT: Ok, so I looked up the rules, which may be found here: https://www.facebook.com/mikemuddmemorial

Based on the rules, I'd probably swap out that scourge squad for a 9-man reaver squad with 3 heat lances and a cluster caltrop. They'd be more maneuverable, and overall a more flexible unit with the ability to jink. With the scoring systems for the missions they'll be playing, being heavily weighted on positioning and kill points, I think they'd serve you better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Ready for the Michael Mudd Memorial Tournament   Getting Ready for the Michael Mudd Memorial Tournament I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting Ready for the Michael Mudd Memorial Tournament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: