THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

First List - 1250

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dichloroisocyanuric
Slave
dichloroisocyanuric

First List - 1250 Empty
PostSubject: First List - 1250   First List - 1250 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 03:59

Hey. This is my first post on these forums (which are awesome, by the way.) I've found it really hard to get Dark Eldar feedback on other sites because so few people (in relation to the sea of 40k players) play them. I'm just getting back into 40k after 4e (stopped playing right before the DE update), so I'm trying to learn the new rules and get into the groove of building forces with the new codex (hopefully old codex soon, right?)

The list is mostly built around models that I have, which is a Succubus, an Archon, some Kabalite Warriors, some Wyches, a Raider, a Venom, two Ravagers, and three Reavers. That said, you don't need to give advice around those specific models. I would eventually like to own a large variety of Dark Eldar models.

archon with agoniser, ghostplate armour, PGL [goes with incubi]

succubus with agoniser, haywire grenades [goes with wyches]

6x wyches with haywire grenades, hekatrix, agoniser, PGL
raider with flickerfield, disintegrator

5x kabalite warriors with blaster
venom with splinter cannon

5x kabalite warriors with blaster

4x incubi

3x trueborn each with blaster

3x reavers with heat lance

ravager with flickerfield

ravager with flickerfield

The Reavers are armor hunters. They are my precision knife for that ONE thing I NEED to pop. The Trueborn and ravagers all server as anti-armor chaff, ideally with none of them being clear choices to pick off. The Wyches are made for assaulting enemy walkers and monstrous creatures, or tarpitting deathstars. The Succubus and Hekatrix are always in front to absorb incoming attacks from overwatch. The Archon + Incubi is just a standard grinder designed to eat whatever it can touch.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
In Exile

First List - 1250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First List - 1250   First List - 1250 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 05:18

Welcome back to the hobby!

Some basic tips:

- Generally speaking, try to avoid buying lots of upgrades. They're normally a points sink.

- It's better to have too much anti-tank than not enough. AT weapons can hurt infantry. Anti-infantry weapons can't hurt tanks.

In regards to your list specifically, I'd probably drop the succubus and give your archon a huskblade, soul trap, and shadowfield. Games Workshop has FAQed the huskblade, so it is an AP 2 close combat weapon with the instant death special rule. That, combined with the soul trap and shadowfield make archons monsters in challenges. As it stands now, you have 2 HQs that can pump out some wounds, but have no surviveability.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

First List - 1250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First List - 1250   First List - 1250 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 05:27

At higher points, Night Shields for sure if you want to shoot. Your range is extremely good for Dark eldar.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

First List - 1250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First List - 1250   First List - 1250 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 05:42

I'll admit that the reavers are great at popping that vehicle that you're after, but in your playtesting and getting back into the game....I urge you to try out the wyches against vehicles as well. They will certainly serve the role that you are planning, but the haywire grenades are crazy good against vehicles in CC. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with them.

And I agree with Betray. I would drop 1 of the HQs and keep one with the Incubi. Their 3+ save will provide some survivability. And keeping the wyches without the attached HQ will still allow them to serve your purpose (tarpit, walker hunting, etc).

As far as future models, I would look into building around what you've got. You've got a great core list to work with. Maybe a few more reavers, a Razorwing, more raiders/venoms. But honestly, with our codex coming up just around the corner, I wouldn't go too crazy buying stuff just yet. I've been dying to start building a beast pack, but can't bring myself to do it until I see what happens to them with the new dex.
Back to top Go down
dichloroisocyanuric
Slave
dichloroisocyanuric

First List - 1250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First List - 1250   First List - 1250 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 06:01

@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Welcome back to the hobby!
- It's better to have too much anti-tank than not enough. AT weapons can hurt infantry. Anti-infantry weapons can't hurt tanks.

In regards to your list specifically, I'd probably drop the succubus and give your archon a huskblade, soul trap, and shadowfield.

Good luck!

Do I not have enough AT? I have 6 Dark Lances, 1 Heat Lance, 5 Blasters, and a squad of Haywire Wyches in a 1250 list. I have no idea how much armor is being brought these days.

As for the Archon - I was trying to make room for the Shadowfield but just couldn't. Maybe I could drop the Succubus to a Haemonculus with no upgrades (a literal wound soak for for the Wyches until they are in CC), drop the Ghostplate on the Archon, and spend my points on gearing him out how you suggested? Or do you think I should just drop the Haemy all together for the extra points and add more bodies to the Wyches with whatever is leftover?

Unorthodoxy, yes! I just don't have them because I don't have the points. They sound fantastic in this edition, especially with crap like Eldar and Tau running wild with their cannons.

@merse24 wrote:
I urge you to try out the wyches against vehicles as well.

But honestly, with our codex coming up just around the corner, I wouldn't go too crazy buying stuff just yet.

I plan to use the Wyches for that, and have been afraid adding the Succubus is over-equipping them for the role. I just don't want to have them perform poorly if I NEED them to be good in close combat.  How do you feel about the my Haemy+Wyches plan or dropping the second HQ alltogether?

As for the codex update, I'm right there with you. I don't want to buy fill out my ranks past 1250 without knowing what will happen to our army.
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

First List - 1250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First List - 1250   First List - 1250 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 06:16

Haemy is always nice for sharing the tokens. But honestly, the setup that you have is good. Try it out and see what you think. It's not my typical setup, but that obviously doesn't matter to you lol. Try it and have fun with it, that's the most important part anyway.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
In Exile

First List - 1250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First List - 1250   First List - 1250 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21 2014, 06:33

@dichloroisocyanuric wrote:

As for the Archon - I was trying to make room for the Shadowfield but just couldn't. Maybe I could drop the Succubus to a Haemonculus with no upgrades (a literal wound soak for for the Wyches until they are in CC), drop the Ghostplate on the Archon, and spend my points on gearing him out how you suggested?

That's what I would do, yes. This will make your archon awesome in combat, and if you use the Haemonculus to give a pain token to your wyches, it will give them some good surviveability to get into CC as well. Since you already have a Hekatrix w/ agonizer in that wych squad, they will actually be pretty awesome in CC as is.

I don't normally recommend using wyches as CC units, just because the price to upgrade them to a competent level makes them prohibitive. By the time they're GOOD at CC, you could have bought a unit of incubi. That being said, with no upgrades at all, except for haywire grenades, they're still amazing tarpit units, and kill vehicles like no other in close combat. If that's primarily the role they're playing in your list, and just have the hekatrix w/ agonizer as the backup plan, then it should work well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First List - 1250 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First List - 1250   First List - 1250 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First List - 1250
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-