HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers Empty
PostSubject: Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers   Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06 2014, 23:40

I'll keep this brief. The ball of the flying base stand for my raider snapped off inside its socket. I sanded down until it was flat, then I used green stuff to mold a rough cone with a hole in it to put the sanded tip of the base. How long should I let the green stuff dry before I check to see if my hole is big enough/small enough to jam the flying base in when I want to play with the model? Thanks a bunch in advance.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers   Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07 2014, 01:12

I would have moistened the tip of the flying base with water and used it to create the hole in the green stuff to ensure a proper fit.

I would say doing so now would still work out for you, you don't want it to set too much if you're hoping for a custom fit.

Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers   Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07 2014, 19:15

Thanks for the tip Thor, I really appreciate it! I hope you never have this problem! Very Happy 

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers   Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07 2014, 19:27

I mount with screws and magnets. I'm not much of a fan of the plastic bases...mostly because back in the day I had this happen quite a bit (well, more or less, used to not be the ball-n-socket setup, but just a peg, but same basic principle).

Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Sybarite
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers   Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09 2014, 02:35

I've had this happen a few times too.

I always carefully drill a hole into the bottom of the raider where it used to go in and then re-glue rather than trying to build a cone with greenstuff.

Greenstuff isn't hard enough to hold i think you will find.
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers   Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09 2014, 10:18

I've gotten tired of the little plastic stands snapping and built myself a more sturdy version of aluminium pipe. Drilled a hole in the bottom of the vehicle where the flying stand would fit, then put in a threaded rod. I then fixed a threaded aluminium pipe on the base and just screwed the vehicle on it. can be taken off for transport and wont break - ever. Unless you completely destroy the model in the process.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers   Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09 2014, 22:48

Everyone who I know that mod the mount either use tubing like Dogmar said or they use the wire from coat hangers.

Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers   Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10 2014, 22:33

Finally! A way for me to use coat hangers! Good thing I spent all my money on models and not coats! (I just bought Astorath the Grim for my death company army and man, $21 for one dude...)

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers   Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Repairing damaged Raiders/Ravagers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: