THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

First 40k army advice needed.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lofton
Slave

First 40k army advice needed. Empty
PostSubject: First 40k army advice needed.   First 40k army advice needed. I_icon_minitimeSat May 24 2014, 05:50

I want to make a balanced DE list. The models I want to include are at least one unit of incubi, one unit or scourge, and one unit of reavers. I want to start with 1k or 1250pts to start. I was thinking of getting the battlebox, incubi, and scourges. I would also get 2 venoms 1 with the incubi the other with 5 wychs and HW. With the models I like can I make a good balanced list and does anyone have advice of a good 1k to 1250pts list with the stuff I like? I know a lot of people dislike scourge but man their models are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: First 40k army advice needed.   First 40k army advice needed. I_icon_minitimeSat May 24 2014, 06:37

Wait a week or so - new ruleset has come out and people are figuring it now. YOu can join the discussions and see what has changed/

Read plastikent guide on all DE units, its a sticky thread in a tactics.

CHeers.

lofton
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First 40k army advice needed.   First 40k army advice needed. I_icon_minitimeSat May 24 2014, 12:22

Was looking to order some stuff asap. I read that article but I am more or less asking if scourge are that weak that they will hinder my list. I am thinking something like this if an actual list idea helps.

10 warriors in a raider
2x5 wychs in venoms
scourge w blasters
reavers heat lances
5xincubi venom
ravager.
Back to top Go down
lofton
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First 40k army advice needed.   First 40k army advice needed. I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 00:40

Was looking to order some stuff asap. I read that article but I am more or less asking if scourge are that weak that they will hinder my list. I am thinking something like this if an actual list idea helps.

10 warriors in a raider
2x5 wychs in venoms
scourge w blasters
reavers heat lances
5xincubi venom
ravager.
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: First 40k army advice needed.   First 40k army advice needed. I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 04:20

Scourges are very expensive for what they do and are not the best at that job.

140 gets you the 5x Scourges w/ 2x Blasters.
173 gets you 4x Trueborn w/ 4x Blasters in a Venom w/ double Splinter Cannon

They'll do the job and your list won't fail purely because of that, but it's not optimal. If you don't care about optimal and care, instead, about the deliciously sexy models, go Scourges.

Wych
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: First 40k army advice needed.   First 40k army advice needed. I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 18:22

@MyNameDidntFit wrote:
Scourges are very expensive for what they do and are not the best at that job.

But the models are gorgeous. Since anyone in this thread keeps telling this,
I thought, I mention it as well.

What HQ do you want to use? Should it be a cabal, a cult, or a circle?
Your list looks like a mix, so a haemi, or 2, could be useful. And that makes wracks troops choices.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: First 40k army advice needed.   First 40k army advice needed. I_icon_minitimeMon May 26 2014, 02:06

Not a fan of the haemi model wise I like the looks of the archon or succubus.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: First 40k army advice needed.   First 40k army advice needed. I_icon_minitimeMon May 26 2014, 18:13

You cant go too wrong with 2 Battleforces, 2 Ravagers and an HQ of your chosing. Maybe couple of Venoms. THat will give you core of an army and later you can try some special units like Incubi or Scourges.

lofton
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First 40k army advice needed.   First 40k army advice needed. I_icon_minitimeMon May 26 2014, 20:50

Hmmm I might try scourges later but definetly want some incubi. I am actually leaning toward venom spam as I like the looks of them over the raiders.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Wych
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: First 40k army advice needed.   First 40k army advice needed. I_icon_minitimeMon May 26 2014, 22:23

Incubi are really cool, but they need a model with phantasm grenade launcher.
I usually team them up with my archon, fitted with husk blade, soultrap, combat drugs,
phantasm grenade launcher, combat drugs and, when I have some points to spare, with haywire grenades.

Jeah, expensive, I know. But that is an absolute killer squad.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: First 40k army advice needed.   First 40k army advice needed. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 01:29

Sweet thanks I will try that with 4 in a venom with 2x5 wychs with hw in a venom and 2z5 warriors in venom and a ravager. Once I add reavers it should be close to 1k.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Wych
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: First 40k army advice needed.   First 40k army advice needed. I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 12:19

Try a Klaivex, too. His onslaught rule can give you some extra attacks.
A bloodstone might be useful, but honestly, it hasn't been for me more than two, or three times...

PostSubject: Re: First 40k army advice needed.   First 40k army advice needed. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First 40k army advice needed.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: