THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Final...I hope

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

1850 Final...I hope Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Final...I hope   1850 Final...I hope I_icon_minitimeThu May 01 2014, 18:58

Ok, so I think I have gotten a list that is both fun to play and solid. I am not overly worried about winning the tourney itself (some very serious contenders are there) but would like to make it high into the B bracket. We will be using the BAO scenarios, basically they have comboed things so there is a primary and secondary objective, I.E. Purge Primary Scouring Secondary. Thus the reason for a smaller pool of troop selections and a spread of FA and HS.

My list is DE/E and here it goes:

Vect w/Dias
Truebornx5 Splinter cannon Blasterx3 and 5 carbines.

Venom Kabs
Venom Kabs

Reavers x 6

Razorwing w SC

Autarch w jetbike and power weapon

Dire Avengers w/Scatter Serpent

Shinning Spear x6 Exarch with Hit&Run and starlance

Wraithknight nilla

Autarch hangs with the reavers so I can assault and kill stuff when I need to. THe Spears and the Dias tend to work in conjunction with each other to slingshot Vect into combat and give him H&R. The knight dose knightly things, and the rest pretty much do their thing.

Its the composition of the unit that vect has to start out with that has Vexed me the most. This iteration is pretty damn solid, and this is the first time I am putting these parts all together in a single list. I know that alot of people nay say the Dias, but with the very limited amount of Melta out there, it is ridiculously solid. The amount of S6 is super high and it laughs at that. You can bubble wrap it with bikes againts Farsight bombs and the like.

I could change the reavers out for a beastpack, but without the Barron whats the point?
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Final...I hope   1850 Final...I hope I_icon_minitimeSat May 03 2014, 00:29

I am a fan of the dias and have used it often. In fact I've used a Dias and a Tantalus in the same list. Your configuration for the Dias is confusing though. Overall the list seems loike it would be fun to play. What is on the reavers?

BTW, it is debatable if the autarch will help the Razorwing for reserve rolls.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Final...I hope   1850 Final...I hope I_icon_minitimeSun May 04 2014, 20:32

Sorry for the confusion. I have Vect with 9 trueborn: (revised) 4 have blasters, one a splinter canon, and 4 shard carbines. This allows them to assault if they need to without hampering their shooting. So far they have been putting on some serious hurt.

I have left the reavers pretty nilla but have changed up the Autarch a bit. He now has Souldshrive (S3/AP2 and the S goes up one for each unsaved wound to S10). I find that I just get them into trouble if I try to shoot anything. More than anything I move them around (with the autarch) blade vaneing things and assaulting Units of Oportunity. They are amazing at late game contesting. I love having 3 pain tokens and a s8-10 Autarch clearing objectives.

I have also ditched the spears. As much as I love them in concept, I have haad them do pretty much nil. In there place I have put a beastpack with 7 dogs and 2 birds. It gives me 4 times the wounds and 5 times the attacks...I just loose out on 6" AP.

With the BAO missions I have a nice spread of unit types. For reference, you might have The Scouring as a primary (worth 4 pts) and Emperors will as secondary (3pts). With Warlord, Linebreaker and First Blood you have a potential for 10 pts. So in most setups I will have several scoring units beyond the troops.

I agree that the Dias is pure fun. Most people do not plan on a 13/13/13 skimmer with insane firepower and CC killing madness. Between that, the knight and both the Fast Attack units screaming up the board, something is going to die. I so wish that my local group wanted in on FW models; I would love me some big T.

Some people might argue the Autarch thing, but its paper thin....wet paper thin argument. The rule says, "If your army contains one or more Autarchs, you can modify any of your reserve rolls by +1 or -!." Its super clear and undeniable. We have a some rules for "Overly Contentious Rule Lawyering". Basically have a valid and solid argument, or take a beating on your "Sportsmanship" rating for tournies. Dont get me wrong, there is alot of rule bickering (thats part of 40k) but that one guy that has to argue everything all the time and slowing down the game could also net him an auto loss for stalling, so vaugue and covered ground tends to not be explored outside of forums.

Thanks for the back up on the Dias. I think its a hidden gem.
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Final...I hope   1850 Final...I hope I_icon_minitimeMon May 05 2014, 00:12

Hey Hannibal, I like the unique and different nature of the list. Interesting to see you taking the BAO style multi-layered missions into consideration when planning it. I agree on the Autarch wording, the 6th ed codexes specifically state 'Primary Detachment' if that's the intent, as far as I've seen. Have you contacted the guys at Frontline Gaming and picked Frankie's brains about the list? I know he's always interested in different D/Eldar lists. I have never tried Vect or the Dais but I see the potential there, for sure. How have you modelled that? I'd be interested to know.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Final...I hope   1850 Final...I hope I_icon_minitimeMon May 05 2014, 08:52

Hey thanks, ya Frankie thinks its an interesting list, and he and the rest of the Crew will be comming up the PDX to throw down with us. I am hoping I get squared up against a few of them and put my army through its paces.

I really try to make unique lists, I am cursed with having to go my own way...most of the time it isnt so grand. Do try Vect out with a kitted out Trueborn unit in his Pimpmobile. I Played one game where the guy had 4 wavserpents and one lone Wraithknight. I basically ran straight into his face, Vect cacking all the the way. It was grand. Most folks dont plan on AV13/14 these days and S6 is all over the place, so its a pretty good environment for it right now. Its not a landraider, but being flanked by a Knight, reavers and now a beast pack its survivability is pretty good.

I need a few more games under my belt but the beastpack is fantastic for slingshotting Vect into combat. So you can keep up with the Beast pack the first turn or two and then unload Vect and away he goes, leaving you with a very mobile and deadly package. My last game was vs a Tau/SM list. Basically suits, skyray, hammerhead with the s10 nova blast thingie, Tigirius and a drop pod...oh and missle sides. Oh and a riptide. I ws kinda scared about the riptide. They have really put some hurt on me in the past, but I got with in 18 inches of it and it died in a single round of shooting, even against FNP.

IDK, its different and its fun. Vect stealing on a 4+ is halarity at its finest. Not sure how your meta is but stealing on a Skyblight or flying circus list is pure win.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Final...I hope   1850 Final...I hope I_icon_minitimeMon May 05 2014, 08:54

Oh snap, modeling. I am just using a Ravanger. I havent figured out how to pimp his ride out.
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Final...I hope   1850 Final...I hope I_icon_minitimeMon May 05 2014, 23:43

What's the PDX? Yeah, I thought maybe the sideplate bits from the old shape Raider would be a good part for the conversion. I see it as a cross between the Tantalus and a Ravager. I'm trying to get a beastpack together now, just struggling to get trades for Hellions to use as 'masters. Also thinking of Iyanden allies. My current list is a very MSU one as I'm trying to learn how to use lots of various units. Anyway, news of 7th ed dropped today, so who knows what that will bring?
Back to top Go down
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Final...I hope   1850 Final...I hope I_icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 07:43

Ha, I run Iyanden Allies, or Iyanden Prim with DE Ally depending on my mood. I used the vampire cound hounds for my khymaras. If you can fit the Barron in the list with the Beastpack, it works really well. You can charge a unit and hit and run deep into the back field and tear stuff up. People are getting wise to it now, and you need to have several gnarly units to help spead threat.

7th looks like a doosie. The psychic phase is really going to hamper the councils and screamerstar. With the new deamonology tree, I am thinking CSM could be a fun ally....esp with some of the helbrute formations.

PDX is Portland Or's airport code. We are having one of the BAO circuit tourneys at the end of the month.
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Final...I hope   1850 Final...I hope I_icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 21:51

Oh cool, maybe last one we'll see before 7th! BOLS placed my article as the Guest Editorial on their page today, what an honour, I'm not even a ranked player, don't have a Youtube channel and I'm British! Couldn't believe they did that. I actually am in favour of slightly taking the edge off psykers, it's become too central to the game and re-rollable 2++ saves just drive players away from the game. Exciting times ahead!
Back to top Go down
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Final...I hope   1850 Final...I hope I_icon_minitimeWed May 07 2014, 00:32

Sweet, Ill take a look at the article.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Final...I hope   1850 Final...I hope I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Final...I hope
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists