THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Guardian Cup DE/E 1850

Go down 
+5
SCP Yeeman
egorey
Dethdispenser
sephiroth081184
Hannibal.Lictor
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 Empty
PostSubject: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18 2014, 08:16

So I have a tournament coming up and have been putting my list through its paces. Its not terrible standard and I do have some questions; mostly on what to put in the Dias of D. Anyhow, here is a run down:

Vect and the Dias

Warriors with Venom (dual SCs)
Warriors with Venom (dual SCs)

Reavers x6

Razorwing

Autarch jetbike fusion gun and power weapon

DAx5 Scatterserpent
DAx5 Scatterserpent

Knight

This leaves me with roughly 170 points to allocate to Vects crew. Here are the options I am looking at:

1) 9 trueborn with lots of dakka...not shabby and a proven winner, still have lots of attacks in CC when vect gets nasty.
2) 9 wyches with haywire....lots of CC out of the dias and tank poping crazyness
3) Haemey and 8 wracks...two pain tokens at the start and scoring. MC deathbomb.
4) Haemey and 4 grotesques (count as two models for transport capacity). Not scoring but T5 and two pain tokens and cool as hell.

I know there is alot of truenborn love out there, but give me your most competitve first and then coolest competitve second. Thanks a ton bad asses.
Back to top Go down
sephiroth081184
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18 2014, 12:40

I would say that the Dais is best left at home but i reckon you have your reasons for fielding it. I have personally tried option #4 in a Raider where the haemy and 1 grot had a liquifier and an abberation with a flesh gauntlet. Together with Vect and his obsidian orbs, stuff pretty much melted in front of me where ever i turned.
Back to top Go down
Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior
Dethdispenser

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18 2014, 17:04

I like option 4 as well. T5 really helps out a lot
Back to top Go down
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 18 2014, 20:05

Thanks, and those conversions can look stunning. As too the Dias, I have had massive success with that thing in the absence of melta spam. No unit is invincible, but it is a hard nut to crack. I think I have lost it once so far. With a knight there is alot of target priority splits. People have a real hard on for venoms and tend to give me a turn or two getting the dias and vect into place. Plus its just cool as hell Smile.
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 04:54

You 'must' have nine models. So even though 4 grots take up the space of eight models they cannot be used with the dias.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 06:46

Grots count as 2 Models a piece therefore they will work.

I personally would go with the Wracks or Wyches. I think having the 5th troop in there is needed. Being able to split off Vect off to go one way and have the CC unit go the other wouldn't be bad. Keeping them together is nice as well.

Wracks would be a better option for scoring the objectives, but Wyches I feel give better utility and can attack more targets. Vect can handle anything the Wyches cant.
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 16:29

It does not matter that they count as two models in the transport. I am aware of that. They are still physically four models. It is not about transport capacity. You cannot field less than nine models if you wanted to but you can in other transports field less than the max. You need nine models. It is clearly written. This is a rules discussion I have had with TOs and online rules forums before. I would certainly check before fielding them. Strictly by RAW it is not allowed.

I would go wracks or wyches also. Both have their pros and cons.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 18:44

Because they count as 2 models, they are seen as two models for Dias. Whenever something counts as something, they are for all intents and purposes what they count as. In this instance, Grotesques count as 2 models for transporting, therefore when they are in the Dias they count as 2 models.

Regardless, this is not part of the thread just wanted to inform the OP that it is in fact legal.
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 21:43

Q: For Asdrubael Vect to take the Dias of Destruction the Dias must
begin the game with Asdrubael Vect and 9 other models on board. How
does this work? (p55)
A: Before the game starts, Asdrubael Vect will have to join a
squad that is 9 models strong, and they must be embarked upon
the Dias of Destruction when they are deployed.

4 Grotesques and 1 IC are a squad only 5 models strong, so, the bulky USR has no bearing on the order of operation. They are still only 4 models no matter how you slice it. If your group allows it kudos.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21 2014, 05:11

Read the rules for Grots, says to count them as two models for transport capacity.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21 2014, 07:12

@Hannibal.Lictor wrote:
Read the rules for Grots, says to count them as two models for transport capacity.

Transport capacity yet. But no for modelcount.

You could take 9 kabalites and disembark on T1 and then get the 4 grots and a heamy in Dias.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Athalkar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22 2014, 02:47

Wyches and HGs. Might ditch the HGs in exchange for blood brides..... though wyches are scoring.... don't know tough choice.

Option three doesn't really work because of a lot of the newer MCs are getting "character" i.e., they challenge to either deny you Vect or Protect against wrack poison attacks while simultaneously threaten to ID Vect.

Grots are good for all the reasons stated above.... check with TOs on the the composition. Some take the same hard line raised by Egorey, some (especially with TOs making their own FAQs for the event) are more likely to allow it so long as its max capacity.

(Albeit when you start asking to fill it with 3 bikes and try and sell it as the bikes filling it being "Very bulky" ... but it is this kinda thinking that results in requiring the "nine models.")

ORRRRRRRR perfect solution:

MANDRAKES..... yes mandrakes and a hammy.

(I know I know still illegal because Vect and the hammy cannot join them. They would be good though: invuls, move thorugh cover, lots of shooting, stealth, s4 attacks and feel no pain.....)

Back to top Go down
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24 2014, 02:36

Grots count as two models. 2x4=8 plus Vect and Hm=10.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Wych
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24 2014, 12:37

To bad, you don't have about 200 points. What Vect could do with 9 Incubi... cheers 

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25 2014, 07:59

I could do 9 incubi, thought about that....it would be nasty
Back to top Go down
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25 2014, 08:09

How about :
Vect w/Dias
9 Incubi
Kabalite w/Venom (dual SC)
Kabalite w/Venom (Dual SC)
9 Reavers w/3 Blasters
Ravenwing with SC

Spiritseer
Wraithguard w/ScatterSerpent
Wraithknigh

Still a tough alpha. The biggest issue is going to be troops. However there are many fast moveing denial units. Thus far I have had massive success with the reavers. The blade vanes are pretty halarious. Vect and crew would pretty much melt anything. It has very tough MC/FMC action. Airforce lists would be the hardest I think. If I dont get the incubi, Ill go warriors and a beastpack with a smaller reaver unit.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25 2014, 08:17

id go w wracks. but i also want to say that blasterborn adds the shooting dimension to an already assaulty vect. so its far from the worst option.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Cup DE/E 1850   Guardian Cup DE/E 1850 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guardian Cup DE/E 1850
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: