THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt city of death

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Billy912
Hellion
Billy912

2000pt city of death Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt city of death   2000pt city of death I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08 2014, 20:11

I would like some help with my army list and also a bit of tactics as I go against my friend who's playing Necrons in city of death.

First my list:
Urien-190
(with Grots)
Archon, shadowfield and huskblade-125
(with venom wracks)

Splinterborn-121
4 S6 grots, raider-220

10 warriors w blaster, raider-165
10 warriors w blaster, raider-165
10 wracks w 2 liquifiers, raider-180
4 wracks, venom-105

5 scourges w HWB-130
6 reavers grav-talon-142
6 reavers-132

Talos chain-flails HWB-115
Talos chain-flails-110
Cronos spirit vortex-100

Basic strategy of sending the reavers and scourges as a flanking and irritation units with the ten man units each supported by a monstrous creature and the two HQ units go center together.

I suspect he will have lych guard and either oberon or immotech and little armor, any help will be appreciated
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt city of death   2000pt city of death I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11 2014, 01:59

Regarding tactics, the usual Dark Eldar strategy of throwing ALL of your firepower into units 1 by 1 until they dissolve entirely applies doubly so here, since if you don't kill them they'll just get. back. up.
Focus Fire Focus Fire Focus Fire.
Also, we equal or outrange most Necron shooting; don't be afraid to hide behind your 36" guns for a turn.
Annihilation barges should be an early target; they put out way too much firepower to be allowed to exist.
Lastly, and always overlooked, is play to the mission. If you get smashed down to two remaining models, but they're the only two models on the board holding objectives... YOU WIN.

When it comes to your list;
Looks fun. I'd ditch the grav-talon on the bikes since all necron are LD10 and won't fail often enough to be worth it.
Talos with the HWB - Maybe swap for Heat Lance? Since Cities of Death is generally cluttered with little long-range LOS, turning corners into melta/lance range is always more effective than wasting turns trying to get angles on vehicles that will get cover saves.

Best of luck.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Darkeldar neeb
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt city of death   2000pt city of death I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11 2014, 07:39

I wouldn't over look whyhes in CoD there's usually lots of LoS blocking terrain and having a unit of wyches running round with homo can be quite fun
Back to top Go down
Billy912
Hellion
Billy912

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt city of death   2000pt city of death I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11 2014, 12:22

The grav talons was just to use up the last points but I'll probably use my points elsewhere and I now know he's taking two annihilation barges and I think that's it for vehicles so I think I have too much anti-tank for the match anyway so I'll probably drop all HWBs from my list for more anti infantry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt city of death   2000pt city of death I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt city of death
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-