THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Please Help Oh Great Dudes of Dark Eldar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ezikeeill
Slave

Please Help Oh Great Dudes of Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Please Help Oh Great Dudes of Dark Eldar   Please Help Oh Great Dudes of Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30 2014, 23:37

Heyo guys,

I'm wanting to create a great army to play and win with if i can. I have the following models.
Can someone help me out by giving me some direction as to what i should get next and how i can use the current army i have.

The models i have are the following.

Archon
Hemo
Lilth

20 wyches
20 warriors

2 raiders

6 reavers

eldrad
maungn ra

10 rangers
14 dire avengers

What should i get next?
Using these models what would be a good 750 points list? What would be a good 1000 point list?

Thanks heaps guys!!

Ezi.
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Please Help Oh Great Dudes of Dark Eldar   Please Help Oh Great Dudes of Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2014, 00:49

At first glance (it's bedtime) I'd say:
Shooty haemo + 9 warriors + raider.
Give your Archon a webway portal. Stick him in a raider with 9 of the wyches.
Remaining infantry can come out of the portal.
6 reavers is always amazing, loads of different stuff you can do with them.
DE wise, more transports! That's also my main downfall. A ravager if you lack anti-tank, and taloi are a heap of fun.

I dunno anything about craftworld pansies, sorry.

Taffy10
Hellion
Taffy10

PostSubject: Re: Please Help Oh Great Dudes of Dark Eldar   Please Help Oh Great Dudes of Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2014, 00:52

It all depends what route/theme you want to achieve but a few venoms will be used in every list you make, trueborn in these can dish out slot of shots for cheap points and diff set ups will make you more flexable. while raiders are fine you will find yourself needing a few spam shot vehicles. Heavy support slots could be filled with either a jet (although without vector dancer, I find CWE ones better) or my personal favourite ravagers (I try to run these in pairs)

Overall I think you have a decent nucleus of a starter force, the main choice you have is which route do you want to go down

Also a wave serpent for the CWE

Its all about the pleasure of watching your opponents prized asset crumble to dust..... The look on their face is priceless lol!
Back to top Go down
ezikeeill
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Please Help Oh Great Dudes of Dark Eldar   Please Help Oh Great Dudes of Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2014, 02:14

Thanks for the ideas guys!

A problem that i've been having is that i think i've been maxing out of HQ units. One game i had maungan and eldrad in a 750 point game - i got wasted so fast - a crushing defeat. I like the idea of having lots of HQ's or big phatty HQ's.

Any ideas on how to gear this into the list?
I think i definitely need some venoms to help?
Back to top Go down
Taffy10
Hellion
Taffy10

PostSubject: Re: Please Help Oh Great Dudes of Dark Eldar   Please Help Oh Great Dudes of Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2014, 02:18

If you like hq's haemo's can be taken in 3's for 1 hq slot, they are cheap and their pain token alone can be worth the points in smaller games

Its all about the pleasure of watching your opponents prized asset crumble to dust..... The look on their face is priceless lol!
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Please Help Oh Great Dudes of Dark Eldar   Please Help Oh Great Dudes of Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2014, 19:06

Fill your basic 3 slots* with solid choices first, then you can go daft with characters! Expensive dudes for expensive games.
*3 haemos is a totally solid hq if you like it that way Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please Help Oh Great Dudes of Dark Eldar   Please Help Oh Great Dudes of Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please Help Oh Great Dudes of Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 1