HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ravager Painting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
paddyj23
Slave

Ravager Painting Empty
PostSubject: Ravager Painting   Ravager Painting I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 17:29

Hi guys,

I thought i would just briefly go through my painting scheme and the end result.

I wanted to go for a dark but rich scheme, with plenty of silver, gold and a bit of white to scheme and this is what it looks like.

Ravager Painting DSC_0012_zpsmmzlfsel

Ravager Painting DSC_0011_zpshafuxntc

Ravager Painting DSC_0010_zps9xtgtkzv

The green consisted of dry brushing sotek green over the hull and then adding white scar to the next layer probably 80% sotek green to the White scar.

Gold was just layers of Gehenna's gold and then drybrush of auric armour gold.

Silver was just leadbelcher and then drybrush runefang silver.

I hope you guys like it and i am open for constructive criticism especially on how to improve it.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Ravager Painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravager Painting   Ravager Painting I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 17:59

The white is quite striking and well-executed. One thing that I would change is to paint the frame/base that attaches the sail to the floor of the hull green. The white paint on it pulls the eye away from the sail taking away from its impact.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Kilrane
Slave

Ravager Painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravager Painting   Ravager Painting I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 19:52

I really enjoy the color green that you used.
Back to top Go down
paddyj23
Slave

Ravager Painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravager Painting   Ravager Painting I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 19:56

Thanks for the feedback. I originally didn't like the way the green, but as the layers were added on to it the more I like it
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Ravager Painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravager Painting   Ravager Painting I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 21:47

Very nice, I do like what you've done here.
I would say I agree with Evil Space Elves about the sail stand, but I;d extend it a little to the prow and rudder as well. The silver and brass colours there clash a bit with the main hull. I'd suggest just changing the silver to match the hull's green.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
paddyj23
Slave

Ravager Painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravager Painting   Ravager Painting I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31 2014, 13:14

The brass colour was to show the wealth that the kabal has, but i will take the suggestions on board when i paint the other one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ravager Painting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ravager Painting   Ravager Painting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ravager Painting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-