THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500pt army list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

1500pt army list Empty
PostSubject: 1500pt army list   1500pt army list I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19 2014, 14:35

So, I've been playing DE for a while now and have had moderate success with my list, but there's definitely a lot of room for improvement. I should first say that my local meta is fairly armour intensive. With my main opponents being: IG mech, Crons, Tau Gunline (as if there's any other kind), Nurgle CSM and SW. I try to tailor my list depending on my opponent but I would like any critque on my basis army:

HQ:

The Duke 150

Elites:

Trueborn x3 DL x2  86
Trueborn x3 DL x2  86
Trueborn x3 DL x2  86

Troops:

Warrior x10 SC                  100
      Raider DL, NS, FF, SR    90

Fast Attack:

Reavers x3 Cluster pods   86

Heavy Support:

Ravager (DL x3) NS, FF    125

Ravager (DL x3) NS, FF    125

Razorwing FF, SC, Shatterfield x4 185

Total: 1499pts
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
MFive
Kabalite Warrior

1500pt army list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt army list   1500pt army list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2014, 18:44

why did you give shatterfield missles to the plain? monoscythe are pretty good and come on the plain for free, other then that, list seems good, but ware is duke going? surly not on the ground, might as well give your enemy first blood AND slay the warlord
Back to top Go down
Archon-Hidicul
Hellion

1500pt army list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt army list   1500pt army list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2014, 19:13

Well he could deploy duke and 10 man warriors next to raider and venom then split onto the 2 transports. Seems Luke a Hassel, I'd drop one warrior and put him on a raider myself.
Back to top Go down
MFive
Kabalite Warrior

1500pt army list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt army list   1500pt army list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2014, 19:24

my problem with his list, is that he does not have any venoms nor any room in the raiders, meaning that duke is running with the truborn ... basicly saying "SHOOT ME" unless he is hiding behind a building, and not using the splinter cannons ...
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

1500pt army list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt army list   1500pt army list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2014, 19:40

Thanks for the responses, I always deploy the duke with a squad of warriors outside of a raider (for the 3+ goodness) then embark the warriors, leaving the duke to join up with the trueborn or hide in the best available cover, the maps I play tend to have enough terrain for me to keep him out of harm's way throughout the game, via line of sight or some handy ruins, and I haven't had him die in a single game...yet. I'm rather dubious about putting him in a raider due to the fear of explosions and the fire that it would draw, the loss of a splinter cannon would also be slightly irritating.

As for the razorwing I only got it recently and haven't figured out the best missiles to take so thanks for the advice there :)I am trying to avoid venom's at the moment since my funds are a tad limited, but I do appreciate the damage they can cause and the hiding place it might provide for the Duke.
Back to top Go down
MFive
Kabalite Warrior

1500pt army list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt army list   1500pt army list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2014, 19:50

when you do get some venoms, and you can easily get around 7 venoms, i would recommend splinter born squads, being

3x true born with 2x splinter cannons
in venom with 2x splinter cannons with night field

this unit cost 130 ish points and when still can output 24 shots by its self

as for the plain, normally when you take our plains, they are left stock and given flicker fields and sometimes night fields

they are used this way because it is 2 flying dark lances that can shoot monosythe missiles and cost aprox 130-150 pts

the flicker field is attached so that you don't have to evade when you want to try to not die, and the night field is put on their to try to avoid small-arms fire, i.e bolters, as it only takes S4 to glance the plain

Night shields on the ravagers have never done me any good, because any anti-tank weapons that get fired at them normally have enough range to spare 6"
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

1500pt army list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt army list   1500pt army list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2014, 20:25

Ah thanks for the heads up. I tend to use night shields on most of my vehicles as one of my opponents is rather fond of his melta drop-pod teams and with NS and a rather small scatter he can be taken out of range of my vehicles.

Hmmm what is the general effectiveness of venoms in comparison to say disintegrator raiders? Since I face a lot of MEQ armies and from what I've seen a 3+ sv can negate a significant amount of poison shooting.
Back to top Go down
MFive
Kabalite Warrior

1500pt army list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt army list   1500pt army list I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20 2014, 20:33

this is the website i use for all of my calculations in regards for effectiveness, iirc the disintegrator is S5, if iirc then the splinter cannons do more damage when still, and remember that our vehicles are fast, meaning that we get 2 weps at full BS when moving 6", so 24 shots goes to 20 when moving, still pretty good imo

if the NS work for you, my locle area does not DS much, and when they do they are deathwing, making the 6" irrelevant
but some of the best advice that can ever be given, is use whatever works. meaning, while they are pretty much useless for me, they have probibly been of great use for you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1500pt army list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1500pt army list   1500pt army list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500pt army list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-