THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000pts list mostly play against tau

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shinobihannya
Slave

1000pts list mostly play against tau Empty
PostSubject: 1000pts list mostly play against tau   1000pts list mostly play against tau I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03 2014, 21:30

HQ Duke Siscus 150 pts

Elite - 271 pts
9 Trueborn w/ haywire grenades in Raider w/ SR NS Flickerfield
2 Trueborn have SC
Duke is with this unit

Troop - 145 pts
5 wyches w/ hydra and haywire in venom w/ 2 sc and ns

Troop - 145 pts
5 wyches w/ hydra and haywire in venom w/ 2 sc and ns

Heavy - 125 pts
1 Ravager w/ NS and Flickerfield and Dark Lances

Fast - 162 pts
6 Scourges
2 w/ SC
1 Solarite w/ splinter pistol and CCW
Back to top Go down
shinobihannya
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts list mostly play against tau   1000pts list mostly play against tau I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 04:01

So, does anyone have any ideas on how to improve? Or what would you field against tau?

Slave
frenchi861

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts list mostly play against tau   1000pts list mostly play against tau I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 08:06

Hi,

I think 2 units of 5 Wyches as scoring units it's not a lot. And you take 2SC on the scourges but for 3 points more you could have 10 Warriors with one SC in a raider, and that gives you one more scoring unit, more bodies, and one more Dark Lance.

For the Trueborn unit, You can make 2 units of 4 both with 2 SC in Venom with dual SC and it Will cost you 266 point. Doing this you loose 1 bodie and one darl lance but you win 6 SC (2 Trueborn and 4 Venom).

Now, I am not a pro, I barely play 40K, I am building my army but this advise is on what I have seen on batrep and army list .... I might be wrong!

shinobihannya
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts list mostly play against tau   1000pts list mostly play against tau I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 08:08

Thank you, i really do need more troop choices. That actually sounds like it would work out much better.

Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts list mostly play against tau   1000pts list mostly play against tau I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 11:33

Against Tau what you really want in that Elites slot is a unit of Grotesques.

Duke or not, I'd be wary about investing so many points in Trueborn specifically to face Tau - they die to Tau shooting just as easily as Kabalites. You can probably scale back their Haywire Grenades if you need points: these guys should be sitting 24" from the enemy and not getting any closer unless they can close in for a Rapid Fire kill. You can also probably ditch the Wych weapons, they probably won't see use in combat.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts list mostly play against tau   1000pts list mostly play against tau I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 15:20

Some excellent advice so far,I can pretty much second all that has been said. I would also evaluate the dukes contribution. He buffs drug rolls fwiw and would benefit that aforementioned warrior unit with 3+ poison, plus he does a number on riptides if you can catch them. That said he is by no means necessary especially against tau where none of that really matters, while a nilla archon would be cheaper and functionally identical for most purposes.

Trueborn with SCs in night shielded venoms mow through tau so id say they have their place. IF you can anticipate facing tau regularly then build your army with that in mind (not necessarily meaning TB).. but consider that most of tau weaponry is range <36" which can be very annoying for them since they are such a static army in comparison to us. The NS are especially important vs broadside-star units which create a 3 ft no fly zone until dealt with. This leads me to darklight. Your list is very short in this department especially since the ap2 goodness means DLs especially on shielded ravagers functions excellently to remove broadsides, crisis suits and riptides, 2 of the 3 with instant death. This last is vital because the presence of these weapons in volumn will force poor deployment to find cover or else risk ID with no saves. If the opportunity for this arises jump on it and watch your opponent gnash his teeth as he regrets his mistake while removing suits. One of my regular opponents has actually started putting 1-2 TL hvy rail rifles with target lock in his side-star to deal with shielded skimmers. When tau players opt for something other than HYMPs you know your doing something right! Anyway I would suggest a 2nd ravager as priority right after troops and then fill in the blanks with things like TB and disruption elements.

Lastly lets talk grots. I use grots almost exclusively, have from the start, and I can say that they are one of maybe 2 units in the dex that even has a chance at taking a full round of fire with marker support and walking out the other side. I wouldn't recommend this without softening them up first though unless things are desperate since even grots will struggle to survive 36 twin linked cover ignoring shots at BS 5. tldr if you want a disruption unit that along with archon support can tank its way through a gunline definitely take a look at grots in a raider. They wont often disappoint. That said 1k is tough place to find pts for such a unit. I usually don't look to include them until 1500 and above where they always make an appearance. Below that I stick more to shooting.

Hope this helped a little.
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts list mostly play against tau   1000pts list mostly play against tau I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 18:05

Yeah please break up the Trueborn into 3 man Cannon wielding teams with Venoms - Nightshields on those Venoms will be phenomenal (less phenomenal on Wych Venoms).

Just on a general note, one big way to help you net wins against Tau (and anyone, really) is to check and re-check your measurements - even our vehicles drop dead to anything, the best way to protect them is to keep them out of range of their enemies as often as possible, or force opponents to move out of position if they want a clear shot.

If it helps, below is my 1K list, I am frequently facing Tau with success (this is just some material for you to enjoy if you wish to jump on board the Coven train...I don't wish to derail your thread and have folk commenting on my list, since it's you who's asking for review).

You'll notice I have not equipped Ravagers with Flickerfields: this is because Ignores Cover weaponry in the Tau arsenal is all at 36", and I never let the Ravager get into that unenviable position unless I'm sure to wipe the target out. First targets with Darklight are always Broadsides, then 'Suits if Grotesques haven't already engaged them, then Riptide (by the time my Ravagers are ready to rock Riptides, they've already been whittled down by Splinter fire and the Darklight is a quick finish).

At this points size, by the time your Grotesques are disembarked (forcibly or otherwise) it will take the better part of one Tau shooting phase to take them down, if at all (this, of course, is assuming you haven't been disembarked on Turn 1 and that you've had a chance to kill at least one Broadside).

Haemonculus w/Power Sword & Liquifier Gun

4x Grotesques w/Liquifier & Aberration w/Venom Blade
-Raider w/Enhanced Aethersails (Dark Lance)

(2) 5x Kabalites
     -Venom w/additional SC

5x Wyches w/HWG
-Venom w/additional SC

5x Wracks w/Liquifier Gun
-Venom w/additional SC

(2) Ravager w/Nightshields (Dark Lances)
Back to top Go down
shinobihannya
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts list mostly play against tau   1000pts list mostly play against tau I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 23:19

Thank you guys, This is information really helps. I will try this list later today and see. Like i said, i am new to this army so all help is really awesome.

PostSubject: Re: 1000pts list mostly play against tau   1000pts list mostly play against tau I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000pts list mostly play against tau
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: