THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 tournament in April

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

1750 tournament in April Empty
PostSubject: 1750 tournament in April   1750 tournament in April I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23 2014, 10:42

Sooo I have a 1750 6 game tournament coming up in April on the 5th/6th which will have 100 entrants.

I played in a 24 man 3 game warm up tournament run by the same people yesterday and just wanted to get a little feedback on my list in light of the kind of things I will be facing and the restrictions of the tournament.

In an attempt to make it as fun as possible I guess and limit power builds (though notably not Serpent spam) the tournament yesterday and in april has the following restrictions:

- No Duplication on an HQ slot

-Only a single special character and none are allowed in an allied detachment

-No more than 2 of the same elite, fast attack or heavy support option may be taken (taken as base unit so lanceborn and blasterborn are the same elites

-No more than 2 flyers

-No more than 2 vehicles with front armour 14 may be taken

-All battle brother allies are now classed as allies of convenience. All other allies stay the same.

-No escalation

-Stronghold assault is allowed barring fortification networks and aquila strongpoints

-Dataslates and formations and codex inquistion are allowed but follow all the above rules

Sooo my list yesterday was:

- Baron (riding with hellions obv)

-14 Hellions inc Helliarch with Venom Blade

- 10 kabalites with cannon in raider with Flickerfield Dark lance and splinter racks

- 5 kabalites in venom with 2 cannons

- 8 wyches with haywire in raider with Flickerfield Dark lance

- 5 wyches with haywire in venom with 2 cannons

- 4 blasterborn in venom with 2 cannons

- 2 lanceborn with obligatory third member

- 6 reavers with heat lance

- stock razorwing jetfighter

- stock voidraven bomber

- trip dark lance ravager with flickerfield

All in came to 1'748

The three games played were:

Dawn of war with the Relic

Hammer and Anvil with crusade (i think - there were 5 objectives at 3 points)

Vanguard strike with big guns never tire also 5 objectives

There were secret objectives you play before hand and reveal afterwards which are the TO's own design, things like defend your deployment with a fast attack unit on the last turn - 2 VP.

I went first in every game

I won the first game 5 - 1 (plus 2 secret objective VP)

This was versus eldar with a waveserpent with dire avengers in, an autarch with jump pack, 2 squads of warp spiders, a fire prism, an aegis with quad gun, an avatar as HQ, a wraithknight with suncannon I think, and 2 squads of guardians one with scatter laser.

Second game I would have lost by one if ended turn 5 but as it happened was tabled mid turn 6. This guy was running 3 twin link set up serpents with 5 avengers in each, a farseer and autarch, a wraithknight, 6 dark reapers, a squadron of laser/lance set up walkers, 5 rangers and 3 jetbikes.

The set up meant we were so far away that I couldn't put so much hurt on him and he wiped out 4 vehicles in his first turn - retrospectively wish I had gone second but at the end of the day he was packing a lot of firepower and a seasoned vet. He was however a bit of a d**k trying to make me roll drugs for all units separately because he didn't like the idea they started with FNP! Also moaned that we had night vision a lot...

Third game was against tau - a 'real' fluffy list as it had grey knight allies. I ploughed all my shots into his hq of *special character in a suit that is so powerful* in a squad of three railgun suits and drones and did naff all, took his riptide down to 3 wounds and his dreadknight down to 1 and from there on his inquisitor and greyknights deep striked in, his vindicare turbo penned things and all my stuff was intercepted to hell. Crushed by end of turn 4.

All in all I was pleased with my performance as I don't think my list is competitive and these were my 6th, 7th and 8th games of 40k respectively.

Anyway, any general advice on my list would be excellent as well as tactics and if you just want to moan go ahead and do that as well Razz

I have a fair amount of eldar and fledgling amount of chaos to work with in terms of allies (no heldrake though - raptors, chosen, reg CSM and a converted Cypher)

So have at Smile

EDIT: forgot to mention I came 18th out of 24 and my wyches managed to wreck 3 out of 4 wave serpents in those 2 first games! But to little to late in the second...

DOUBLE EDIT: Actually turns out I came 14th! Super happy!

Last edited by Dragontree on Mon Feb 24 2014, 10:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

PostSubject: Re: 1750 tournament in April   1750 tournament in April I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24 2014, 04:34

Only thing I'd have to say the 5 Kabalites in a venom may work out better as 5 wyches, and as always more Hellions the better.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: 1750 tournament in April   1750 tournament in April I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24 2014, 23:24

I may well swap those 5 kabalites out as they did bugger all throughout the 3 games, I think they bit the dust first a couple of times as well.

However I have no more Hellions and can't really justify spending on more models with the amount I have still to paint!

I have a triple dissie ravager, talos and more kabalites and another razorwing on the dark eldar front, as well as a few more raiders. I max out at 3 venoms. Also 4 wracks and many hamonculi.

I feel Allies is probably the best route to significant improvement. I have a fair amount of eldar:

dark reapers, avatar, plenty of warlocks/farseer/spiritseers, 2 wraithlords (old school metal), waver serpent with twin link set up and a guardian squad with EML platform, rangers, scorpions, hawks, another serpent with twin bright lances instead.

And the CSM's I mentioned in first post.

Hopefully I will be able to post up a few lists for you guys to peruse soon.

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: 1750 tournament in April   1750 tournament in April I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2014, 16:31

So the list I'm taking to this tournament is as follows:

Primary CSM:

Huron Blackheart (for the warlord trait mainly)

10 man CSM squad with powerfisted champ and heavy bolter

2 x 5 man CSM squads each with a plasma gun

1 rhino for a single 5 man squad which has a dirge caster

8 raptors with 2 flamers, mark of slannesh and icon of excess giving them FNP

Heldrake with baleflamer (obviously)

Allies-Dark eldar

Haemonculus

2 x 5 haywire wyches in venoms

4 blasterborn in venom

6 reavers with heat lance and cluster caltrops

Razorwing jetfighter with flickerfield

I can't change this list as I've already submitted it so I'm looking more for a little tactical advice but figured be easier to do here rather than clutter up the tacticas with a separate thread.

The idea is too hopefully roll well on huron's D3 infiltrating units trait and preferentially inflitrate the raptors, then the rhino 5 man squad then the other 5 man squad, leaving huron and the ten man to hunker on an objective somewhere.

The infiltrating units will present an immediate threat on one flank and then I'll turbo the Dark eldar up the other flank to force decision making or just focus fire to push my opponent one way or the other.

The heldrake and razorwing are at the mercy of interceptor which will likely be very prevalent but hopefully can both make it on same turn and the surviving one do some damage!

Any thoughts? I'm likely to face a fair mix of stuff but with the restriction mentioned in the first post no proper star units but plenty of serpent spam I'm sure (hence wyches)

Rob

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 tournament in April   1750 tournament in April I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 tournament in April
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: