THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Advice sought on plasticard/styrene cutting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Advice sought on plasticard/styrene cutting Empty
PostSubject: Advice sought on plasticard/styrene cutting   Advice sought on plasticard/styrene cutting I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21 2014, 12:52

For a latest project, I;ve got some relatively thick styrene/plasticard sheets to cut things out of. It's reasonably thick (1.5mm) so not something you can just slice out with a knife (at best you can get a decent scoring on it).
The trouble I'm having is that the parts I need to cut out are curved, and it's quite hard to just snap those out once I've scored them in without breaking the whole piece.
Can anyone offer any advice on an alternative that won;t require buying a complicated or expensive electric saw?

Thanks.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

Advice sought on plasticard/styrene cutting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advice sought on plasticard/styrene cutting   Advice sought on plasticard/styrene cutting I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02 2014, 06:55

Buy fret-saw, its not expensive. If you are doing terrain thats ideal tool. Electric is kinda easier, but this will work too and for much less.

Advice sought on plasticard/styrene cutting Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAazyGYvAeRWyc7Yb2Vell9sQptBplqsKxHJ6w-PY1ButALYm6
Back to top Go down

Advice sought on plasticard/styrene cutting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: