THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabalite warrior critique wanted

Go down 
AuthorMessage
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

Kabalite warrior critique wanted Empty
PostSubject: Kabalite warrior critique wanted   Kabalite warrior critique wanted I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19 2014, 16:38

Hey fellow raiders! I'm looking for critique on a warrior I did yesterday, would you guys say it's above tabletop quality? If so, I'd be painting another 39 like this. Thanks in advance!

https://2img.net/h/s25.postimg.cc/ypwbmed27/kabalite_warrior.jpg

https://2img.net/h/s25.postimg.cc/d4vucj5pb/kabalite_warrior2.jpg
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite warrior critique wanted   Kabalite warrior critique wanted I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19 2014, 18:51

Those pictures aren't the best, but I like it Smile Maybe you could clean up the highlights a bit, from the side and from the back.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite warrior critique wanted   Kabalite warrior critique wanted I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19 2014, 19:10

@Barking Agatha wrote:
Those pictures aren't the best, but I like it Smile Maybe you could clean up the highlights a bit, from the side and from the back.

Thanks for the feedback, my camera sucks... Here's one without the flash ruining it, maybe this is better for critique:

https://2img.net/h/s25.postimg.cc/p81603grj/kabalite_warrior_3.jpg
Back to top Go down
Amuse Me
Hellion
Amuse Me

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite warrior critique wanted   Kabalite warrior critique wanted I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20 2014, 13:23

I second the motion about the highlights. I do think the eye glow (assuming its meant to be a glow) could be improved a little, by making a colour gradient or something like that. Other than that, the model looks good!

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite warrior critique wanted   Kabalite warrior critique wanted I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20 2014, 13:58

@Amuse Me wrote:
I second the motion about the highlights. I do think the eye glow (assuming its meant to be a glow) could be improved a little, by making a colour gradient or something like that. Other than that, the model looks good!

Could you recommend some tips, to make the model glow?
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite warrior critique wanted   Kabalite warrior critique wanted I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02 2014, 07:28

Critique..that i can.

First of all helmet. You do not paint bright colors atop of dark colors, it will appear very messy.
You first need to make and intermdeiate layer, that covers dark color ok and that will accept light color ok.

Second the best weapon of a beginner table top painter is washes and drubrishing. Browse internet for drybrushing. You should use wash on a Splinter Rifle.

Third - the model have an appearence of a very thick painted. Paint should be thinned more. About a consistency of milk, maybe slightly thicker. If you dont wanna trouble yourself with consistencies try search how to make a "wet pallet". This thing will improve your painting much.

Here is a book i bought some time ago, it covers the basics pretty well. Read page 16 about Base Colors.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0TEUQc5fTKlWWdDMkN5VTBZYXM/edit?usp=sharing

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabalite warrior critique wanted   Kabalite warrior critique wanted I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabalite warrior critique wanted
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: