THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

new venomthroups

Go down 
+5
SCP Yeeman
DrakeHarkonnen
Bibitybopitybacon
Laughingcarp
MFive
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

new venomthroups - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new venomthroups   new venomthroups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07 2014, 22:48

OMG thank you MFive for making me feel justified good sir. I've chatted with many people today and it really is a mixed bag, and you have summed it up perfectly, thank you again.

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: new venomthroups   new venomthroups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07 2014, 22:56

@MFive wrote:
i think MurDok's problem(or point) could be summed up as, if they are not cululitive with them selves, why bother saying that they are cumulitive with eachother? they are different special rules, thus would stack by default, why bother saying anything on the matter at all if they were not meant to stack with themselves?

That's an interesting point and I happen to agree that they did not need to mention that the rules stack with each other. That's the default position. This does not however change the fact that they still do not stack with themselves and nowhere in the rules does it say that they do.

MFive
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: new venomthroups   new venomthroups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08 2014, 17:59

@MurDok wrote:
OMG thank you MFive for making me feel justified good sir. I've chatted with many people today and it really is a mixed bag, and you have summed it up perfectly, thank you again.

lol, glad i can help  Surprised

@MurDok wrote:
"Unless specially stated, a model cannot gain the benefits of a special rule more than once. However the effects of multiple special rules are cumulative.

i believe rule contains the answer to our debate. the key word their is benefit, meaning that normally you could't use stealth and shrouded because they yield the same effect i.e. bonuses to our cover saves. the little blurb at the end of the respective rules in question allows them to be used together, granting the effect that we all know and love.

4a. Please refrain from double posting. You may "bump" a post every 48hrs if you feel you are not getting responses. Double posts in project logs are acceptable. /Your friendly mod SS
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: new venomthroups   new venomthroups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 01:01

Wow, 2 whole pages for this tiny, piece of crap non-argument? Totally ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
MFive
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: new venomthroups   new venomthroups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 07:26

@Timatron wrote:
Wow, 2 whole pages for this tiny, piece of crap non-argument? Totally ridiculous.

and yet you have added to the pile of comments and posts  Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: new venomthroups   new venomthroups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 20:46

Yeah, one sentence.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: new venomthroups   new venomthroups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 21:11

@MurDok wrote:
TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

MurDok, that picture you posted on the first page of this shows part of why you've got this wrong. You have listed "+1 Stealth; +2 Shrouded" to add up to a 3+ cover save.
This is incorrect.
+1 from Stealth will result in a 6+ save. Adding +2 from Shrouded makes that save TWO points better:
one point better than 6+ is 5+, and one point better than 5+ is 4+.
So having Stealth & Shrouded gives a 4+ save, not a 3+.

As far as the stacking argument, USRs don't stack with themselves. Read back to anyone else who has it quoted right on this thread to see that. It is saying that Stealth & Shrouded are cumulative ONE WITH THE OTHER to show that Cover Saves from these two DIFFERENT SOURCES pool together.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: new venomthroups   new venomthroups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 21:35

Seriously 'carp, it's really not worth trying to explain, some people are too stubborn to accept any opinion other than their own; makes you wonder why they bother asking for other's input.
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: new venomthroups   new venomthroups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10 2014, 00:13

Bravo to Timatron for contributing absolutely nothing to this post other than snarky comments.  Also I do realize Laughingcarp that my math was and is wrong on the pic I posted instead bump both vaules by one and change the unit to include somebody who has an equipment that grants shrouded (this does not have anything more to do with the op topic but just with my poor drawing and bad math-hammer)

Also, I never left a reply that said "trolololololo" or however you put that Laughingcarp and it is unappreciated
Back to top Go down
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

PostSubject: Re: new venomthroups   new venomthroups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10 2014, 02:13

Ha! The irony of you criticizing my snarky comments in the form of a snarky comment is priceless! there is nothing TO contribute to this joke of a post because it has all been said and you STILL refuse to listen; why would I bother trying. You've clearly shown yourself to be stubbornly sticking to your opinion regardless of what anyone says. So I think my point is valid; why did you phrase as a question something that you had already firmly decided to regard as irrefutable fact? The only reasonable explanation is that you are attempting to 'trololololol', so I think that's what Laughing Carp was expressing, in a way that clearly went right over your head.  jocolor
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: new venomthroups   new venomthroups - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10 2014, 09:06

Right, I'm locking this thread. There is nothing new being added to the debate and we're not going to have this degenerate into a flame war. One or two members might also like to revisit the forum rules, in particular rule 4 - Count Adhemar

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new venomthroups   new venomthroups - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new venomthroups
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: