THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar

Go down 
+2
Bugs_N_Orks
doctorz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
doctorz
Hellion
doctorz

Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar   Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04 2014, 06:35

This is something I want to try out at a local tournament in a couple weeks. The local meta is pretty competitive and varied, I could see just about anything taudar, grav marine, screamerstar, wave serpent spam etc. looking for an opinion from people who will give me advise from people who will do more than just tell me dark eldar suck (this surprisingly often comes from people I've just beaten)

HQ

Baron

TROOPS

5 Kabalite Warriors; Venom with dual splinter cannons, night shields
5 Kabalite Warriors

FAST ATTACK

Beast Pack; 4 beast masters 20 khymera

HEAVY SUPPORT

Ravager: 3 dark lances, night shields

ELDAR

HQ

Farseer; jetbike, singing spear, shard of anaris(makes he and the beast pack fearless) Runes of witnessing

TROOPS

3 Jetbikes

HEAVY SUPPORT

Wraithknight; 2 heavy wraithcannons
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar   Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04 2014, 21:38

@doctorz wrote:
looking for an opinion from people who will give me advise from people who will do
more than just tell me dark eldar suck (this surprisingly often comes from people I've just beaten)

Hasn't anyone told you that DE are terrible and the only reason you win games is because you make lucky Flickerfield saves (despite failing the previous 17).  Kidding, of course.  Your list looks pretty solid, if I were to change anything it'd probably end up looking a lot like this list:

https://www.thedarkcity.net/t8634-1850pt-de-eldar-tournament-list

Functions pretty much the same as yours, but trades 2 venoms and a ravager (and a bunch of random upgrades) for 2 serpents and spiders which provide a pretty good quantity of S6-7, some durability, some range, and some mediocre anti-air.  You might have to do some fiddling to get the beasts back up to where you want them (I'm personally not a huge fan of his beast set-up but it's been working for him), but I think that guy's list is overall more balanced than what you've got right now.
Back to top Go down
doctorz
Hellion
doctorz

PostSubject: Re: Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar   Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05 2014, 02:55

I agree that the linked list is most likely very good.

there are 2 reasons my list includes the venoms as opposed to the serpents

1) there are a lot of daemons and wraithknights in the meta and the venoms ruin those.

2) I don't own a wave serpent and have no money of any kind what so ever.  Sad 

Actually I have been wondering if maybe eldrad over the farseer on bike and 5 walking warriors would be better. the beast pack loses fearless but there's a better chance of getting fortune and his fleshbane AP 3 forceweapon ends wraithknights.

Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar   Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05 2014, 05:47

With the Meta being the way it is I think your list is pretty good.

Personally I think you lack anti-tank. I know you have 3 Ravagers and the Wraithknight, but you are missing the volume of shots I think that are needed to kill things like Serpents. I think this could be solved by simply dropping the 5 man Warriors squad and a few Night Shields for Blasters on the Warriors.

Also, how does that Beast configuration work for you? It just seems Khymera don't actually kill things and instead just force saves. The 4++ is nice, but the unit isn't very killy to me.

I would vote against Eldrad because of the loss of Fearless. Also, his weapon isn't needed against things like Wraithknights because you have 5 Venoms. Those Venoms will wreck them.
Back to top Go down
doctorz
Hellion
doctorz

PostSubject: Re: Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar   Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14 2014, 05:07

Okay, so now having tried this list a few times here is how I feel about it.

First off Yeeman you're right about eldrad. I need fearless on the beast pack so he is out.

Second This beast pack configuration is money! The khymera do plenty of damage without the help of the flocks. yes there are things out there that they just cant kill but the baron can get them out of those combats with hit and run. additionally the volume of models in the unit coupled with it's speed makes it impossible to avoid. If the other player doesn't want to face it he has to shoot it to death and that's not easy.

Thirdly, I am low on anti armor. and I am still looking for a way to correct this. That having been said the beast pack is surprisingly good anti armor it's self. 60 S4 attacks really messes up anything rear AV 10. As an example a few days ago I ran into one of the worst match ups I could imagine, a mech Guard player with 5 chimera 2 griffons 2 manticore and 3 vendetta. True I lost but the beast pack took out 3 Chimera with a multi charge.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar   Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14 2014, 06:36

I've had same experiencies with a list a lot like yours. Allthough I used a lot of Wyches instead of warriors to keep those tanks at distance. Beasts wreck AV10 rear tanks very easily. Baron helps too. But try wyches, you have so many Venoms that those extra poison shots are not needed.

Atm. you are paying 80pts for night shields. More than extra venom costs. Or second unit of bke troops.

I too think that fearlessness is very important to beasts. They lose cc battles way too easy if charged for example to very narrow end of the herd and even with I6 they might get sweeped from the board. I fear Terrify a lot too.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar   Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14 2014, 15:45

Jetseer with the shard is the way to go. Plus the seer can turbo to contest late game if needed.

I definitely love having the flocks +5 wounds mixed with dogs. Having the sending threat is always great. But if the dogs are working for you that might be ok.

Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar   Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14 2014, 15:46

Jetseer with the shard is the way to go.  Plus the seer can turbo  to contest late game if needed.

I definitely love having the flocks +5 wounds  mixed with dogs.  Having the sending threat is always great. But if the dogs are working for you that might be ok.

Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar   Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14 2014, 19:58

@doctorz wrote:

Second This beast pack configuration is money! The khymera do plenty of damage without the help of the flocks.
Finally! Another has seen the light!
A favorite tactic of mine is to surround a vehicle completely, glance it to death and the unit inside just dies. "Poof!" No more marines, wraithguard or plague marines!

Your list looks fine, but personally, I avoid the upgrades on the venoms (night shields) as most shooting wont care about another 6" anyway... I mean 60" serpent shields? Really?

If you drop all those shields and put grisly trophies on the venoms, you can dump the runes of witnessing, and have what, 45-50 points left over? Almost enough for a venom for that last troop choice.

Here is a (as of now) undefeated tournament list at 1850:

Quote :

1850 Pts - Dark Eldar

1 Baron Sathonyx
1 Baron Sathonyx - Splinter Pod; Splinter Pistol; Phantasm Grenade Launcher; Shadow Field

4 Beastmasters
4 Beastmasters - Close Combat Weapon; Splinter Pod; Beasts; Skyboard

1 Farseer
1 Farseer - TL Shuriken Catapults; Rune Armour; Witchblade; Ghosthelm; Eldar Jetbike

20 Khymerae
20 Khymerae

3 Ravager
3 Ravager - Dark Lance
[Unassigned: 3 Dark Lance; 3 Disintegrator Cannon]

5 Venom
5 Venom - Splinter Cannon; Flickerfield; Splinter Cannon; Grisly Trophies

10 Warp Spiders
10 Warp Spiders - Death Spinner; Warp Jump Generators

6 Windrider Jetbike Squad
4 Windrider Jetbike Squad - TL Shuriken Catapults; Eldar Jetbike
2 Windrider Jetbike Squad - Shuriken Cannon; Eldar Jetbike

25 Wyches
25 Wyches - Plasma Grenades; Haywire Grenades
Total Roster Cost: 1850

The list is very very fast, mobile and deadly. The enemy can't ignore the dogs, because if they do, the dogs will tear them up. If they are shooting at the dogs, the rest of your army rips em apart. Its a win/win!

doctorz
Hellion
doctorz

PostSubject: Re: Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar   Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21 2014, 04:56

Okay so I played with the above list a few times and made some adjustments. Below is the new version of the list. I have now played with the new version 6 times and ended up in 4th place (out of 16) at a recent local tournament with it (got smashed by mech guard again to miss out on 3rd). the Reavers have been a pretty good addition so far they are pretty good at knocking small troop units off of objectives at the end of games.

HQ

Baron

TROOPS

FAST ATTACK

Beast Pack; 4 beast masters 20 khymera

3 Reaver jetbikes

HEAVY SUPPORT

ELDAR

HQ

Farseer; jetbike, shard of anaris(makes he and the beast pack fearless)

TROOPS

3 Jetbikes

HEAVY SUPPORT

Wraithknight; 2 heavy wraithcannons
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar   Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21 2014, 09:48

My consern would be Reavers in scouring but thats only one in six if you play rulebook missions. I'm very excited too about the all khym beast too. I'd take away some of those NS to get runes for the seer. I lost a game with my fearless beaststar (fortuned) to warlock counsel (fortuned) because he managed to terrify my beast from cc and sweep the hole pack including Baron and 2 jetseers without runes of witnessing. I lost the combat because one of my flocks was on the edge of the battle and he charged to it with a WK. I had managed to kill the baron before we got in to cc with our deathstars and I was winning the game.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar   Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 21 2014, 17:23

I honestly would drop the Reavers for another squad of 3 Guardian Jetbikes because theyre cheaper and score. Use those 15 points for the Stone of Anath'Ian for the Seer. That piece of wargear is straight money and very useful when you get fortune as it allows you to cast 3 powers still.

I am not a huge fan of Night Shields on Venoms, but I know it is personal preference for a lot of people. I would personally drop those and get Grisly Trophies on all 5 so you don't have to worry about keep 1 or 2 near the Pack and use the extra 15 points for either Runes. Both are useful in their own way. I would go with Warding because you have the Trophies to re-roll the failed LD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar   Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Competitive1850 Dark Eldar/ Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: