THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Beastmaster converting question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Beastmaster converting question Empty
PostSubject: Beastmaster converting question   Beastmaster converting question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01 2014, 07:16

So I am wanting to convert a box of Black Knights from the Vampire Counts into beastmasters, and I was wondering, I can field them as the beastmasters as long as I put them on the right bases and give them the right weapons, right?
Back to top Go down
SleepyPillow
Kabalite Warrior
SleepyPillow

PostSubject: Re: Beastmaster converting question   Beastmaster converting question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01 2014, 09:24

It's wrong to ask us in my opinion. Wouldn't it be better to ask your playgroup if they accept it? I sure would do as long as it looks good and got a story behind it.

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Beastmaster converting question   Beastmaster converting question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01 2014, 10:32

Well, I'm doing a coven, and I thought the Black Knights make better Coven beastmasters then the wych cult masters.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Beastmaster converting question   Beastmaster converting question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01 2014, 12:49

If they're well modeled, then I wouldn't mind at all. I like an army with some decent conversions.

The general rule on conversions as far as I'm concerned is that they're close to what they're intended to be (thematically, not necessarily aesthetically) and that they're at least on the right sized base. I've had a few of the "modelling for advantage" shouts in the past, so my rule tends to be that you use the right size base MINIMUM. I think there's a decent argument for using LARGER bases (because that's modelling to DISadvantage, so your problem), but minimum they should be on the right size.

In terms of the Black Knights, it's your choice but aren't they a little too.....skeletal? I get it's for a Coven army, but undead might be pushing it a bit far in my opinion. Maybe with some work to put SOME flesh on them?

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Beastmaster converting question   Beastmaster converting question I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01 2014, 16:11

Fleshy people! Rawrrr! And alright, thats what I thought
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beastmaster converting question   Beastmaster converting question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beastmaster converting question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: