THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Coven Conversions!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Panic_Puppet
Wych

Coven Conversions! Empty
PostSubject: Coven Conversions!   Coven Conversions! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15 2014, 17:45

Thought I'd show off some of my coven conversions in here! All converted from vampire counts models.

Coven Conversions! Wracks10
First set of 5 wracks...

Coven Conversions! Wracks11
...and the second set!

Some close-ups:

Coven Conversions! Chain_10
Spare chain snares/random chains have made their way onto some of the wracks...

Coven Conversions! Acothy10
Acothyst holding his all-purpose gun (nominally a hexrifle)

Coven Conversions! Dr_wra10
The doctor will see you now! My favourite of the conversions - lower face mask revealing sinister eyes, a 'syringe' on in place of an arm (cut down splinter rifle from the raider kit), and a grasping hand. Used as a liquifier gun

Coven Conversions! Grotes10
And my still WIP grotesques, got a bit of painting left to do, might add one or two extra details; depends on how I feel once they're fully painted.

And that's it so far! Any C&C welcome, will try and get more/better pictures because some are a tad blurry!
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Coven Conversions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven Conversions!   Coven Conversions! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16 2014, 22:50

You've made a bunch of ugly models look great, and that's an impressive feat! Very Happy

I'm quite fond of the one on the far left in the first picture. That huge knife really suits him. The Dr.Wrack is really cool, too. At first I thought that was an Ork head as it wouldn't look out of place on a Mad Dok.

Like the Grotesques and I'm looking forward to seeing more. I do love Covens. Smile

Keep up the good work!

Coven Conversions! YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Coven Conversions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven Conversions!   Coven Conversions! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17 2014, 01:23

They all look great, but I esoecially like the Grots, they look mean!

Very nice work PP, I am also looking forward to seeing more of your coven.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

Coven Conversions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven Conversions!   Coven Conversions! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2014, 00:18

Thanks guys! I'll try and get some close-ups of the others soon, and once I'm finished painting the grots. I've also got a Talos and Haemy who are sadly unconverted, but will add photos of them soon, probably tomorrow.

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Coven Conversions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven Conversions!   Coven Conversions! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29 2014, 07:24

The wracks make me want to steal some ideas for the ones I'm working on... never though about adding chains. As for the helmets... I have to decline that, I really like the no-helmet look. Also, those grotesques are impressive, may I ask what the middle weapon is from???
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

Coven Conversions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven Conversions!   Coven Conversions! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31 2014, 18:40

Lord_Alino, that's a Talos' cleaver. The right side grot has the Ichor Injector, and the left side one has the sickle blade also from the Talos.

@ OP, awesome converts dude!

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

Coven Conversions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven Conversions!   Coven Conversions! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31 2014, 20:41

I really dig the look of your Grotesques and might borrow this idea for the futre - always thought those Vampire Models would make fine parts for Coven Conversion, great job
Back to top Go down
Billy912
Hellion
Billy912

Coven Conversions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven Conversions!   Coven Conversions! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08 2014, 20:49

great idea, I will be definitely using it for my next set of wracks and I was planning on using ogre rats for some more grots but these seem better, how long did they take to build?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coven Conversions! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coven Conversions!   Coven Conversions! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coven Conversions!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-