THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1400pt Friendly League List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Unholyllama
Sybarite
Unholyllama

1400pt Friendly League List Empty
PostSubject: 1400pt Friendly League List   1400pt Friendly League List I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14 2014, 15:11

At the moment, I don't have a diverse DE list and am looking for suggestions on how to grow/change the following list.  I'm going to be running it as is tonight against some of the more novice players at my local group; however, I'm curious on suggestions for how to change it and add to it as point values go up.

HQ:
Archon (Venom Blade, Blaster, Shadow Field)
Urien

Elites:
3 Grots (1 Liquifier Gun, Aberration with Scissorhand)
- Raider (DL, Aethersails, Flickerfield)

Trueborn (4 Blasters, 1 DL)
- Venom (Splinter Cannon)

Trueborn (4 Blasters, 1 DL)
- Venom (Splinter Cannon)

Troops:
4x 10 Warriors (no upgrades)

Fortification:
Aegis (Quadgun)

Ends up at 1395pts. Archon with a warrior squad will be behind the ADL with the Archon manning the gun. Urien will be with the grots (and I won't have to worry since he's not warlord).

With the exception of Lilith and 10 more warriors, this is about all of the DE I own at the moment. Like I said, I'm looking for suggestions both on how to tweak this and also how to grow this list in order to help with future purchasing decisions.  

Thanks
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

1400pt Friendly League List Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1400pt Friendly League List   1400pt Friendly League List I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14 2014, 19:22

Things to bear in mind:
At that points level you generally want some long range anti tank firepower. For example a couple Ravagers. The trueborn are good; but the blasters require you to be within 18". So, think about that as a future purchase.

The DL on the trueborn mean that if you move, then it's firing snap shots. If you move 12" then all of the trueborn are firing snap shots. So you pretty much want them to be fairly static... which, with an 18" range on the blasters isn't ideal. Of course, given that you don't have the models for other sources of DL this may be the best you can do. You might consider a strategy where the Venoms move up, deposit the trueborn, then move off to harass the enemy elsewhere.

If your Archon is sitting back on an ADL, you might consider getting rid of the blaster and venom blade. I'm not sure they are going to be useful unless the enemy manages to get into close combat range of him.

I'd consider placing a 4 man trueborn squad with him instead. Give the trueborn 2 DLs and 2 splinter rifles; that way they have some decently ranged weapons. Make sure the ADL has a clear line of sight to as much of the battlefield as possible. The savings here would net you another 5 warriors - put them in the venom.

You might be able to get yet another 5 warriors by dropping the other DL on the trueborn and the venom blade/blaster off of the Archon. It's certainly another target for your opponent to think about.

1400pt Friendly League List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: