THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 pt Generic List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Amuse Me
Hellion
Amuse Me

1000 pt Generic List Empty
PostSubject: 1000 pt Generic List   1000 pt Generic List I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11 2014, 06:20

I did have a Duke list somewhere, but I decided to ditch the Duke because Wyches were not going to be a huge part of my list. Anyway, new thread, new army. The army has pretty generic units in there, I've built it off of the general Units people take, so here it is

Archon
- Huskblade
- Soul Trap
- Shadow Field = 135

Haemonculus
- Animus Vitae
- Shattershard = 70

8 Wyches
- Hekatrix
- Venom Blade
- PGL = 105
Raider (DT)
- Night Shields =70

5 Kabalite Warriors
- Blaster
- Splinter Cannon = 70
Venom (DT)
- Splinter Cannon = 65

10 Kabalite Warriors
- Splinter Cannon
- Blaster
- Syrabite = 125
Raider (DT)
- Night Shields = 70

6 Reavers
- 2 Heat Lances
- Arena Champion
- Venom Blade = 171

Ravager
- Night Shields = 115

Totals to 996

The archon and haemi ride with the wyches.

I have not actually bought anything yet, so any sort of shuffling around is fine by me. A few ideas I've had are splitting the Reavers into 2 squads, and/or putting blasters on them instead of heat lances. People have said to take a lot of troops, so I figured three would suffice. Any ideas are welcome.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Generic List   1000 pt Generic List I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 11 2014, 11:45

Looks relatively solid so far to me, though there's a few changes I would make. First and most important, your warrior squad in the venom is illegal - you need 10 guys to be able to take the splinter cannon, so scratch that and you free up 10 points.

Ravager is regarded as generally solid, but they work better in pairs. I used to run a solo ravager and got very, very disappointed with the results (in my area its a byword for 'failure of truly behemothic proportions').

I'm not sold on the animus vitae, but then I've not used one, so what do I know! Think it may be a bit unnecessary. Ditto the shattershard - you have a 1/3 shot of killing marines with it, but its only one use, and you have an archon with a huskblade who is one of the best HQ killing machines in the game.

Phantasm Grenade Launcher on the hekatrix isn't a necessity, as you already come with offensive grenades should you be charging into cover, though it does give you stealth if you're within 8" of the enemy

You're also a bit light on anti-armour, especially once the ravager bites the dust. So the changes I would personally make are:

Lose the illegal splinter cannon and the animus vitae, and use the points saved to bring haywire grenades on the wyches (brings you to 997 points). Trade in the shattershard for a liquifier gun and venom blade combo. And -maybe- swap the sybarite upgrade for something else as the leadership bump isn't going to be useful often - splinter racks on their raider might be a decent spend (always has been in my experience), or combat drugs on the archon.

That would be my advice - best of luck!

Hellion
Amuse Me

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Generic List   1000 pt Generic List I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12 2014, 02:13

Thanks for the advice, especially on that splinter cannon, that could have been embarrassing :/

Sybarite
lcfr

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Generic List   1000 pt Generic List I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14 2014, 22:07

I'd burn the Night Shields on the Wyches' Raider: it's delivering your cc troops to their destination, and will probably get ruined at that point. You're not likely to enjoy much long range action with it, methinks.

Here's a thought as well: Dump the Haemonculus, Arena Champion, and some vehicle upgrades and take a 2nd Ravager!
Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Generic List   1000 pt Generic List I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17 2014, 20:23

IMHO 205pts in HQ is a waste in 1000pts IMHO

! plus !

you are riding that 205pts and 175pts of wyches in one single raider
thats 380pts worth in one AV10 coffin

40% of your army just saying
Back to top Go down
KingKae
Slave
KingKae

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Generic List   1000 pt Generic List I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17 2014, 22:04

Would definitely get another ravager in there, think everyone is agreed on that one. and i agree with lcfr that dropping the haemi would be the best choice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pt Generic List   1000 pt Generic List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 pt Generic List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-