THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Zharradan's Painting Journey

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zharradan
Slave

Zharradan's Painting Journey Empty
PostSubject: Zharradan's Painting Journey   Zharradan's Painting Journey I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05 2014, 21:00

Well, I just started Dark Eldar and only having ever painted Tyranids (been painting Nids for 2-3 years and have about 7k painted).

I was not sure how I would go. I am new to the forums and have been lurking for awhile just reading tactics and articles.

Here are my first models and I will update as I go - Any feedback or advice is appreciated:

My first unit of Dark Eldar Warriors:

Zharradan's Painting Journey TXF2PTdl

The beginning of my first Raider (also the first vehicle I have painted or assembled):

Zharradan's Painting Journey FYFqBnpl
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Zharradan's Painting Journey   Zharradan's Painting Journey I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05 2014, 22:25

Very nice highlighting on your stuff. I like where you are going with this. Looking forward to more Smile

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Sizzly
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Zharradan's Painting Journey   Zharradan's Painting Journey I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05 2014, 23:00

Good show. The glowy green looks adequately menacing.

iToysoldiers
Back to top Go down
http://itoysoldiers.com
horrid
Hellion
horrid

PostSubject: Re: Zharradan's Painting Journey   Zharradan's Painting Journey I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06 2014, 04:36

Looking good. Great edge highlights. Painting those nid plates makes you a natural.

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Zharradan's Painting Journey   Zharradan's Painting Journey I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06 2014, 07:30

-bows- Please teach me, the High Lord Archon Alino Las'Kalo of the Kabal of the Darkened Light, how to do that highlighting -throws paper on table- if you do it, sign that, and at the end, I will offer you 1,000 of my finest slaves... or I might just kill you...
Back to top Go down
Zharradan
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Zharradan's Painting Journey   Zharradan's Painting Journey I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06 2014, 10:08

Thank you for the compliments! The highlighting is done by undercoating black and then dusting with a Dark Angels Green with an airbrush along each edge.

I then combine a mix a 1:1 DA Green and Snot Green and run it along all the edges again. Follow this by just using Snot Green and finally a yellow, white and snot green mix just at the very top edges and 1/2 cm towards the bottom.

I have been working on the Raider more today and am close to finishing it - here are the results.

Zharradan's Painting Journey M3NQWOS

Zharradan's Painting Journey AmOWBdF

Zharradan's Painting Journey Wlz0CB8
Back to top Go down
Zharradan
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Zharradan's Painting Journey   Zharradan's Painting Journey I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09 2014, 04:01

Painted my crews armour and am on my way to finishing my first vehicle. Will most likely not update till it is done and dusted.

Zharradan's Painting Journey FwEfEj1l
Back to top Go down
Zharradan
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Zharradan's Painting Journey   Zharradan's Painting Journey I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19 2014, 01:35

Removed Nid content Smile

Last edited by Zharradan on Tue Feb 18 2014, 23:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zharradan
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Zharradan's Painting Journey   Zharradan's Painting Journey I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17 2014, 02:56

Have complete the Raider finally! Amazing what some rest and being sick lets you accomplish (also, the drought has broken and it is not stupid hot):

Zharradan's Painting Journey 2cPuPIwl

Zharradan's Painting Journey P5NRm4gl

Zharradan's Painting Journey DU5BDjSl

Zharradan's Painting Journey Ovz2Icpl

Last edited by Zharradan on Tue Feb 18 2014, 23:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zharradan
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Zharradan's Painting Journey   Zharradan's Painting Journey I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17 2014, 04:56

Removed Nid content Smile

Last edited by Zharradan on Tue Feb 18 2014, 23:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Zharradan's Painting Journey   Zharradan's Painting Journey I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17 2014, 16:17

Would you be able to give a step by step example of that green on your raider, really loving it.

Also props on the 'nids, great highlighting skills all round Smile

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Zharradan
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Zharradan's Painting Journey   Zharradan's Painting Journey I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17 2014, 20:14

Sure thing, I will do a tutorial on my next Dark Eldar model I paint.
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Zharradan's Painting Journey   Zharradan's Painting Journey I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17 2014, 21:12

That would be much appreciated matey Smile

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: Zharradan's Painting Journey   Zharradan's Painting Journey I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18 2014, 21:08

I like them both.

MOD hat on.

However, please refrain from posting any non-DE or Eldar in this section of the forum. Please post those in the "Distractions" section which is for all non DE or Eldar models.

MOD HAT OFF.

I will cheerfully follow both threads as both are great armies in making. As I am still finishing my DE and starting a tyranid army of my own, I would love to share ideas.

Zharradan's Painting Journey Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Zharradan
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Zharradan's Painting Journey   Zharradan's Painting Journey I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19 2014, 20:05

Fixed Smile
Back to top Go down
Jamesy52
Slave
Jamesy52

PostSubject: Re: Zharradan's Painting Journey   Zharradan's Painting Journey I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2014, 22:38

Very nice work. Your highlights are so clean and neat.

PostSubject: Re: Zharradan's Painting Journey   Zharradan's Painting Journey I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zharradan's Painting Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: