HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Year's Painting Resolutions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

New Year's Painting Resolutions Empty
PostSubject: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01 2014, 17:20

Let's face it-you're not going to start going to the gym or eating better. What half-finished projects or completely new ones do you plan to complete in 2014? (Dark Eldar or otherwise)

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01 2014, 18:40

Finishing painting all my models, before getting new ones.
ATM a troop of Wyches, a Venom, a battle force, and a troop of Scourges.

Also getting creative with green stuff.

And having a Realspace raid, or several if possible.

Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01 2014, 18:47

Painting all of my dark eldar and eldar models... about 5000pts worth... I think. Also pursuing a small dark angels force/cypher and squad of chosen... Bugger.

@The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02 2014, 10:08

Completing my remaining Dark Eldar:
1 Talos, 9 Jetbikes, 1 Raider, 1 Ravager and ~20 Kabalite Warriors ... might start building some wracks and grots, but I digress Very Happy

Starting to paint my ~1500-2000 pts of CWEldar. First I need to develop a really cool paint scheme though.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02 2014, 11:26

Quote :
Finishing painting all my models, before getting new ones.

Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02 2014, 13:08

Paint the Talos Pain Engine, probably the best present in a while. Had been thinking of getting one sooner or later anyway!
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02 2014, 15:14

Speed up painting my carnival. At least 2 more troops unit and all the stuff I have converted so far. Also just started infinity so have a ju ying war and to paint up.

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02 2014, 16:22

Well beside going to the gym and changing my eating habits ;-) I'll be competing in the Hobby Progress Challenge on the Independent Characters Forum with my Pre Heresy Emperor's Children. They have been lying around for to long.

In between I'll try to paint up my Incubi & Wracks, oh and finish the conversion of my Tantalus...
So not much to see here XD

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04 2014, 15:23

For this year I will FINALLY be finishing up the last of the Dark Eldar that I own:
-Blaster Archon
-4 Incubi
-3 Grotesques with Raider
-Lots of Trueborn
-2 last Hekatrix
-3 Beastmasters for my beast packs
-a Venom
-A Ravager that I didn't finish from my monthly vow 2.5 years ago  Mad  Mad  Mad 

@Crazy_Irish wrote:
I'll be competing in the Hobby Progress Challenge on the Independent Characters Forum with my Pre Heresy Emperor's Children.
I salute you sir for giving me bad ideas:
-A loyalist 30K World Eaters army for the HPC

It's only a 2,000pt challenge and shouldn't take too long given the high points value of everything in the list. Should bleed my wallet dry though  Rolling Eyes 

Lastly, once my Dark Eldar are done I would like to paint my Harlequins as the gateway drug to CWE. That Scorpion has been looking sexy on the shelf for a while.......

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06 2014, 11:56

@Evil Space Elves wrote:
Let's face it-you're not going to start going to the gym or eating better.

Actually I've been doing that exactly for the past 8 years, I didn't do weight lifting before, because I was a teenager (still growing, etc...) I've been eating better lately since I need to pass some test to enter the army special forces, so yeah I've also been working out more than usual :p. I can forget about 40k for some time, but I never forget to work out.

Now on topic, I already knew what my 2014 painting year will be like:

Skimmers, skimmers and more skimmers! Some harlies and reavers as well :p

New Year's Painting Resolutions 1year

A whole buttload of flyers, ravager & raiders, even 2 cute venoms. I also plan to paint the super-heavy in the back.

5 flyers are done, 4 only need a few final highlights, one flyer is just coated (my second razorwing), everything else needs to be done from scratch.

I do plan to add some FW reapers, a tantalus , maybe some more stuff, but in any case I'll be painting mostly vehicles this year. Some old, some new, but I'll start with the new skimmers as soon as I finish what I'm currently painting.

I want to do the 6 reavers I have because I only got 6 of the new ones, might as well paint them. Harlies will be done from time to time, since they have absolutely no color sheme, I can evne do one at he time.

All these vehicles still have all the passengers, pilots etc... i'll be painting mostly skimmers, but also quite a lot of infantry as well. I already separated most of the ravager crews, put them on temporary bases to paint them separately.

It's an apoc year, the masses of ravager and flyer confirm it's all about apocalypse. By the end of the year I should have a whole bunch of skimmers done, added to my other painted stuff, making the paint stuff very apoc worthy. I'll go back to infantry in 2015, though I'll probably still paint some more skimmers & flyers. I actually spend my first couple of years working on my DE force purely on infantry, I only started painting my first raiders quite late.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06 2014, 12:05

I recently did an inventory of all the unpainted models I have still got to do for my DE, Eldar and Tau armies. I hope to do all these at some stage this year!

Dark Eldar
Ravager
Raider
10 x Trueborn (conversions)
2 x Venom
Haemonculus
Urien Rakarth
15 x Wracks
20 x Wyches
20 x Warriors
Lelith Hesperax
Duke Sliscus (conversion)

Eldar
10 x Wraithguard
7 x Windriders
Autarch (conversion)
14 x Warp Spiders
2 x Warp Spider Exarch
4 x Dark Reapers
Dark Reaper Exarch
Fire Dragon Exarch
10 x Dire Avengers with Exarchs
10 x Guardian Defenders plus Weapon Platform

Tau
2 x Riptide
3 x Broadsides
6 x Crisis Suits
Crisis Suit Commander
6 x Marker Drones
Piranha
6 x Fire Warriors
10 x Gun Drones
10 x Pathfinders

horrid
Hellion
horrid

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14 2014, 02:47

I'm going to resolve to actually paint up my Dark Eldar army. More than 3 years since those great looking models released, I lost track of how many paint schemes didn't work; Either ugly from test model to not carrying effectively across the army.

Another "slow hobbyist" friend threw down the gauntlet. We each have 6 months to build a 1500-2000 pt army to bring to battle in June. Lazy painter or bad general becomes object of ridicule. Time to pony up.

Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14 2014, 16:46

I plan for this year is to finish up my DE
finish my Silver Skull Space mahreens
get my tyranids painted

but all of that is secondary to hopefully competing again for the Slayer Sword. Need to get started on my entries sooner. I need some planets to align to get the time off to go compete in Golden Demon, but if it works out then I expect to go get a couple more demons.

WOOT!
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16 2014, 00:02

I don't think I can top Adhemar, that's a lot of painting! However, I have started a WHFB Empire army, so I have that on my plate now too, making the list look like this:

20 halberdiers, plus ten to finish
Warrior Priest
Captain with standard
Eight Inner Circle Knights
3 Cannon crew (because I went for painting the big gun first - must be the ork in me coming out)
18 handgunners
2 wizards
5 Outriders (on order)

And in 40k:
20 Gretchin
Detailing Talos
Basing 150 or so orks
Detailing nob bikers
Detailing both battlewagons
Final skin coats and detailing on 20 'ard boyz
5 mandrakes
Karandras
Spiritseer
Farseer
Finishing (mainly varnishing) 3 Raiders and 2 Venoms
Detailing 6 Reavers
Repainting Lelith and harlies after stripping off the awful paint job I'd given both

In terms of actual resolutions...

1. Stop buying models before I finish painting what I have.
2 Don't just start another army when the one I have "feels like a good size." Kharn the Betrayer will be awaiting his Khornate buddies for a while...
3. Try a wet palette.
4. Work through painting more systematically, ie don't think "I'm bored of painting green skin now, where are those Fire Dragons?"

My painting progress has been a lot better of late, but I am a bit of a hobby butterfly  Rolling Eyes 

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2014, 06:44

@Mr Believer wrote:
In terms of actual resolutions...

1. Stop buying models before I finish painting what I have.
2 Don't just start another army when the one I have "feels like a good size." Kharn the Betrayer will be awaiting his Khornate buddies for a while...
3. Try a wet palette.
4. Work through painting more systematically, ie don't think "I'm bored of painting green skin now, where are those Fire Dragons?"

My painting progress has been a lot better of late, but I am a bit of a hobby butterfly  Rolling Eyes 

I too must be less of a hobby butterfly, and numbers 1 and 3 are definitely on my list as well.

Sigh, .... OK ........ shoot me now, my pet project for the year is to re-paint (yes, RE-paint) my Tyranids. Not all are built, or painted, yet, but probably 75% are.

2 Tyrants (maybe 3, actually)
4 Tyrant Guards
4 Hive Guards
1 Deathleaper and 4 Lictors
3 Venomthropes
1 Tyranid Prime
36 Warriors
2 Tervigons
120-ish Gaunts
28 Genestealers and 2 Broodlords
14-15 Raveners
Assorted Rippers
2 Harpies (converted)
10 Gargoyles
7 Carnifexes
1 Trygon Prime
3 Tyrannofexes

And a few other gribbly odds and sods.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2014, 08:57

No Pyrovores? I'm shocked!

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2014, 16:39

1 Forgeworld Avatar of Khaine.
All of my converted coven units.
About 1500 points of unpainted DE.

But, knowing how well I am at sticking to goals, I might just get the Avatar's face done. Very Happy

New Year's Painting Resolutions YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 09:52

@Count Adhemar wrote:

I may be crazy, but I ain't stoopid!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 11:53

@Gobsmakked wrote:
@Count Adhemar wrote:

I may be crazy, but I ain't stoopid!  Very Happy 

Even with the...unusual new wording that makes them blow up the entire battlefield when they explode still nobody wants to take them!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Year's Painting Resolutions   New Year's Painting Resolutions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Year's Painting Resolutions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: