THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Need advice on paintscheme for my CWE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

Need advice on paintscheme for my CWE Empty
PostSubject: Need advice on paintscheme for my CWE   Need advice on paintscheme for my CWE I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11 2013, 23:15

Hello Dark City,

I want to attend a tournament in January which has a requirement for the army to be fully painted. It gave me an incentive to finally push my CWE beyond the basecoat stage. At the moment I try to figure out the paintscheme. This is what I have right now (mind you, it's still WIP):

Need advice on paintscheme for my CWE DSC_0221_zps59ab08cb

All my life I have never painted anything as silly as that and it's intentional to use colors as saturated as possible. My other armies are rather gritty looking, so I wanted my CWE to have a very bright, "OMG MY EYES!" look. Obviously, I have succeeded. However, I've not yet decided on what color to use on helmet glass and soulstones. I'm thinking pearl at the moment, but I'm not totally sold on this one.

Any ideas? I'd be grateful for your help.

Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on paintscheme for my CWE   Need advice on paintscheme for my CWE I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12 2013, 00:15

Isnt that pretty?
Back to top Go down
Fidra
Hellion
Fidra

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on paintscheme for my CWE   Need advice on paintscheme for my CWE I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12 2013, 09:12

Wow! As a sucker for the timeless teal/orange complementary combination I have to say it's nothing short of eye candy to look at. I really like the idea of the pearl gemstones actually, I don't think I've ever seen soulstones done like that before. It would be unique and the pink would tie in nicely with the orange of the colour scheme, which would make your scheme unique without breaking your limited colour palette (which is a lovely thing in itself). What I really think is missing is a freehand rune on the front though Smile Hope you keep the scheme, it's utterly fabulous.

Just a couple extra notes;

-I like the armband being a darker shade of orange, that really gives it a touch of realism.
-The spear and reaver helmet are nice.

Please excuse the longwindedness of my reply!
Back to top Go down
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on paintscheme for my CWE   Need advice on paintscheme for my CWE I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12 2013, 09:42

Thanks for your replies. Thanks to Fidra I'm slightly closer to the pearl/opal solution for the gemstones, but I'm still not convinced. I suppose I will have to slap some more paint on not yet painted stuff, like shuriken catapults, to make a final decision. And oh, the helmet glass will remain dark. I just need to put some more effort into it.

As for the canopy, I know it screams for some orange. Right now the model is orange-heavy at the rear and just begs for some balance. I will either go for a freehand rune or some sporty stripes.

Amd I'm glad that you like it Smile

darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on paintscheme for my CWE   Need advice on paintscheme for my CWE I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13 2013, 12:51

Pics or it didn't happen i.e I can't see anything to comment on!

edit: OK gotcha! Very nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need advice on paintscheme for my CWE   Need advice on paintscheme for my CWE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need advice on paintscheme for my CWE
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: