THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

900 pt Doubles Tourney

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dhrakon
Hellion
dhrakon

900 pt Doubles Tourney Empty
PostSubject: 900 pt Doubles Tourney   900 pt Doubles Tourney I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26 2013, 00:48

This weekend I'll be participating in a random 900 pt doubles tournament, and having talked to the tournament organizer, he's said that a very well-rounded army would be the best to bring. (We're going to be playing non-standard custom missions that won't focus on one type of army)

I'm considering bringing the following list:

• HQ

• Archon (130)

• Combat Drugs
      • Huskblade
      • Phantasam Grenade Launcher

• Elites

• 4x Incubi (143)

• Venom

• Flicker Field

• Troops

• 2x Kalabite Warriors x10 (340)

• Raider

• Flicker Field
        • Splinter Racks

• Fast Attack

• Reaver Jetbikes x6 (156)

• 2x Heat Lance

• Heavy Support (115)

• Ravager

• Night Shield

Which all totals up to 884 points.

I have access to 1 more venom, 35 Wyches, Lelith, Razorwing, Haemonculus and one more ravager.
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: 900 pt Doubles Tourney   900 pt Doubles Tourney I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27 2013, 10:52

I would personally switch the Archon out for a succubus - at low points she's much more of an economic option. A simply venom blade or agoniser and you'd be fine.

Alternatively you could instead throw in a Haemonculus to give the Incubi FNP, in addition to saving even more points.

With savings from either of these cuts, plus one or two less kabalites or perhaps ditching flickerfields, you could find yourself space for a second venom and 5 wyches

If you're dead set on the Archon though (and I don't blame you because the grenade launcher is very good w/ Incubi) then I would go all out on him.

Find him a shadow field and soul trap by freeing up 25 points somewhere in the list.
Its expensive for sure, but with this layout you are far more durable and if you do take out an enemy character with huskblade soultrap combo, your Archon can probably finish the rest of the game by himself.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
dhrakon
Hellion
dhrakon

PostSubject: Re: 900 pt Doubles Tourney   900 pt Doubles Tourney I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27 2013, 13:51

So I can buff up my archon as you said, but I'd have to drop both FF and splinter racks on the raiders. Thoughts on this?

Sorry for asking so much, this will be my first tournament w/ DE
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: 900 pt Doubles Tourney   900 pt Doubles Tourney I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27 2013, 20:04

Well if you're investing over 80 points in him already, you would want him to have something better than a 5+ armour save. Shadow field is borderline mandatory on any archon than does more than just holding onto a blaster and cruising with trueborn.

You could take out his drugs, a kabalite warrior from each squad or flicker fields. I would keep splinter racks on your Raiders since the guys inside are all rocking straight rifles. But flicker fields can certainly go, because your Raiders get equivalent cover saves by moving anyway (which is what every Raider should be doing)

Archon - huskblade, shadow field, soul trap, PLG = more costly, but way tougher and able to snowball well if you get a good challenge.

Since Incubi are ap2 already, you could also consider trading huskblade for a regular power weapon to shave off 20 points. This opens up a second splinter cannon on your venom with your remaining 14 points.

Archon - drugs, power sword, shadow field, PGL = roughly the same cost as your archon, but several times more survivable.

A final option would be to cut PGL and split him from the squad when you disembark for assault so they can hunt different targets, namely MEQ squads (Incubi) or IC/MC (Archon). Just make sure your Incubi don't charge through cover and you're good. With the points saved you can consider a klaivex.

Archon - huskblade, shadow field, soul trap
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 900 pt Doubles Tourney   900 pt Doubles Tourney I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

900 pt Doubles Tourney
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: