THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Corpsyworpsy
Slave

1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES Empty
PostSubject: 1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES   1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14 2013, 20:40

Hey thanks for looking. Just trying to get an opinion on this list. I mainly wanted to use allies to make the beasts fearless after my last game in which they ran from wave serpent spam. I also saw the recent discussion using a WK as a fire magnet. So then this list was spawned. I think I want to put both Haemonculi with the Grots so they're fearless as well. Basically, Grots, beasts, Wracks and WK move forward for assault. Everything else is support.

Dark Eldar:

HQ:

Baron Sathonyx

Haemonculus
-Liquifier Gun

Haemonculus
-Shattershard

ELITE:

4 x Grotesques
-1 is a Aberration w/ Venom blade
-1 Liquifier Gun

TROOPS:

3 x 5 Warriors
- 1 Blaster

9 x Wracks
- 1 is a Acothyst w/ Venom blade
- 1 Liquifier Gun

TRANSPORTS:

3 x Venoms
- Extra Splinter Cannon

2 x Raiders
- Enhanced Aethersails

FAST ATTACK:

Beast Pack
- 4 x Beast Masters
- 10 x Khymerae
- 4 x Razorwing Flock

HEAVY SUPPORT:

1 x Voidraven Bomber
-Flickerfield

ELDAR ALLIES:

HQ:

Farseer
- Jetbike, Shard of Anaris, Singing Spear

TROOPS:

3 x Eldar Jetbikes

HEAVY SUPPORT:

1 x Wraithknight

1849/1850
Back to top Go down
Corpsyworpsy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES   1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16 2013, 04:09

No love?
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES   1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16 2013, 14:12

It is a nice list. I run a similar beast pack. The Grot squad looks okay as well but I would really want an Archon instead of the two Haemies ( I know you want the pain tokens ). I would drop the haemies for an archon but that's just me .

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES   1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16 2013, 14:51

I'd take a tooled-up Archon instead of the Haemies as well. But if you stick with the Haemies, give them power axes, so that they can at least do something in assault.

If you stick both Haemies (or an Archon) with the Grotesques, max out your Wracks unit and give them that extra Liquifier.

To pay for all this, I'd drop the Bomber and take a Ravager with Night Shields.
Back to top Go down
Corpsyworpsy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES   1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17 2013, 00:12

I appreciate the advice. So by tooled-up Archon, you mean shadowfield, HB, VB, Soul Trap, and maybe PGL? Would it be worth getting rid of the acothyst to fit in the 2nd LG?
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES   1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17 2013, 09:47

@Corpsyworpsy wrote:
I appreciate the advice. So by tooled-up Archon, you mean shadowfield, HB, VB, Soul Trap, and maybe PGL? Would it be worth getting rid of the acothyst to fit in the 2nd LG?
Yeah, for the Archon though I'd skip on the PGL. The Grots are there as a bodyguard in that setup and don't really need it. With the Wracks, remember that if you go the Archon route, they will no longer be troops. You'd be better of getting more Warriors or Wyches to get your number of troops up.
Back to top Go down
Corpsyworpsy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES   1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19 2013, 13:05

Thanks, how about this? Nice CC Archon with Grots, Ravager, and some wyches with grenades. Still have 10 pts for something, not sure what though.

Dark Eldar:

HQ:

Baron Sathonyx

Archon
- SF, HB, VB, ST, drugs

ELITE:

4 x Grotesques
-1 Liquifier Gun

TROOPS:

3 x 5 Warriors
- 1 Blaster

8 x Wyches
-1 is Hekatrix, PGL, VB
-Haywire Grenades

TRANSPORTS:

3 x Venoms
- Extra Splinter Cannon

2 x Raiders
- Enhanced Aethersails

FAST ATTACK:

Beast Pack
- 4 x Beast Masters
- 10 x Khymerae
- 4 x Razorwing Flock

HEAVY SUPPORT:

1 x Ravager
-Nightshield

ELDAR ALLIES:

HQ:

Farseer

TROOPS:

3 x Eldar Jetbikes

HEAVY SUPPORT:

1 x Wraithknight

1840/1850
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES   1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19 2013, 16:10

Don't know if you need enhanced aethersails but if you take them add two shock prows for the ten points. When they work they are brilliant. It is a nice list, btw.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES   1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19 2013, 19:08

@egorey wrote:

Don't know if you need enhanced aethersails but if you take them add two shock prows for the ten points. When they work they are brilliant. It is a nice list, btw.
Now that you can no longer ram with flat out movement in 6th, I think the shock prow is not that useful. I'd rather use those ten points on Grisly Trophies on the Raiders to boost the Farseer's psychic checks.

That list looks excellent, Corpsyworpsy.
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES   1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19 2013, 22:42

With AEthersails you do not need flat out for your skimmers to get a good hit. I did a tactical on aethersail shockprows on my thread in craftworld eldar.

" The shock prow adds D3 to the front armor of the raider for the ram so on it will be armor 11-13. Which brings the base str of your hit to str 9-11 plus d6. So I've destroyed predators with it. With aether sails it is a ramming machine. It can be my photon destroyer, lol. With the way that Jink and Ram are worded, you can take a jink save from your own ram so I'm getting a 5+ save. With aethersails i can target anything on the table. Death or Glory still works if you tank shock but if you do not pen and explode my vehicle I really do not care if I lose a hull point ( assuming I have more than one left). My vehicles are fast now with Flat Out moves and although I cannot tank shock or ram and Flat Out in the same phase my initial moves for my skimmers put me in distance of the entire board. This puts tank shocking pressure on backfield units with poor defences/leadership under pressure and it makes every vehicle wary of a ram.

I can also pre-measure now. Yahoo. In 5ed I was guessing the distance I needed to go. Now I can pre-measure and set up for a perfect ram ( max str) or a tank shock. This is a big issue. I can easily adjust my game plan when I know exactly what I need to do to get the most out of my skimmers. So the notion that a shock prow, chain snares, aether sails are expensive and unecessary upgrades needs a closer analysis and a re-evaluation. "

That said grisly trophies are another viable option. Generally, when taking a Seer council they are more important but the insurance is still not bad.
Back to top Go down
Corpsyworpsy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES   1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20 2013, 18:53

Thanks for the advice, gents. Trophies might be good. Though for longevity I would probably put em on 2 venoms considering the raiders are just gonna turbo then blow up.
Back to top Go down
Corpsyworpsy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES   1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23 2013, 18:46

So updated list:

Dark Eldar:

HQ:

Baron Sathonyx

Archon
- SF, HB, VB, ST, drugs

ELITE:

4 x Grotesques
-1 Liquifier Gun

TROOPS:

3 x 5 Warriors
- 1 Blaster

8 x Wyches
-1 is Hekatrix, PGL, VB
-Haywire Grenades

TRANSPORTS:

3 x Venoms
- Extra Splinter Cannon
- 2 with Grisly Trophies

2 x Raiders
- Enhanced Aethersails

FAST ATTACK:

Beast Pack
- 4 x Beast Masters
- 10 x Khymerae
- 4 x Razorwing Flock

HEAVY SUPPORT:

1 x Ravager
-Nightshield

ELDAR ALLIES:

HQ:

Farseer

TROOPS:

3 x Eldar Jetbikes

HEAVY SUPPORT:

1 x Wraithknight

1850/1850
Back to top Go down
Corpsyworpsy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES   1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01 2013, 23:34

Anybody else? I'm going to purchase the actual Wraithknight model soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES   1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 DE w/ CWE Allies Wraithknight for FUNSIES
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: