THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

First 1500pts pls be gentle.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Miniac
Slave

First 1500pts pls be gentle. Empty
PostSubject: First 1500pts pls be gentle.   First 1500pts pls be gentle. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13 2013, 17:05

This is my first DE list - and it's meant to be semi-competitive.  I'm not a power gamer by any means so this list is a little fluffy etc and meant to be an all comers list I can build towards.

I'd like to get some input from other DE players so I'd be grateful if you'd take a peek.

HQ

Archon
Husk Blade
PGL
Clone Field
Combat Drugs

w/ 4 Incubi
inc 1 Klaivex
Venom

323pts

Haemonculus
Liquifier Gun
Webway Portal

w/ 4 Wracks
Venom

190pts

TROOPS

10 Kabalite Warriors
Splinter Cannon
Sybarite with CCW
Raider w/ Nightshields and Splinter Wracks

X2

FAST ATTACK

10 x Hellions
w/ Helliarch

9 Reavers
3 x Heat Lances
w/ Arena Champion

HEAVY SUPPORT

1 x Ravager
w/ Dark Lances

1 x Cronos Pain Engine
Back to top Go down
PowerFromPain71
Hellion
PowerFromPain71

PostSubject: Re: First 1500pts pls be gentle.   First 1500pts pls be gentle. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13 2013, 23:58

Lose the Hellions, split up the Reavers, and put in another Ravager.
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: First 1500pts pls be gentle.   First 1500pts pls be gentle. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14 2013, 00:58

Hey there!! I'd ditch the clone field for a shadow field.
Powerfrompain71 is right about the hellions. They aren't worth fielding in my opinion and even less so as a fast attack choice instead of troops where you might be able to use them. Use the points for a troop choice in a venom.
Reavers can work in large groups but you have to be carful with them. It may be worth considering taking some of the points from the hellions and making them 2 units of 6 reavers. Units of three are too small to do much besides be suicide tank busters which wyches are much better at and scoring.
Back to top Go down
Miniac
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First 1500pts pls be gentle.   First 1500pts pls be gentle. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15 2013, 14:50

OK - So I've rehashed this and expanded the points to 1850 just to include some of the fun stuff - I've ditched the Hellions as suggested and altered the number of Reavers.
The list is meant to rely on very mobile firepower concentrated at a single part of the line, with a quick and decisive assault following up at the weakest point.

HQ

Archon
Huskblade
Venom Blade
PGL
Soul Trap
Shadowfield
165pts

4x Incubi
Klaivex
Demiklaives
Onslaught
138pts

Venom
Splinter Cannon
Grisly Trophies
70pts

TROOPS

10 Kabalite Warriors
Splinter Cannon
Sybarite - CCW
Raider
Nightshields
Splinterwracks
Flickerfields
x2
400pts

5 Wyches
Haywire Grenades
Hydra Gauntlets
Venom
x2
250pts

FAST ATTACK

5 x Scourges
2 x Splinter Cannon
x2
260pts

6 x Reavers
2x Blasters
Arena Champ
172pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

2 x Ravagers
Night Shields
230 pts

Razorwing Jet Fighter
Splinter Cannon
2 x Necrotoxin Missile
Disintegrator Cannons
165 pts

1850pts

I know I may have got hung up on extras - which I know is a no-no so if you can show me where to trim some fat without losing the flavour - I'd be grateful.
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: First 1500pts pls be gentle.   First 1500pts pls be gentle. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15 2013, 15:30

Looking at your troop choices. Great job on the wyches! Classy build there. It's your warriors I'm concerned about.

First you got three upgrades on your raiders. Making them 90 points. Now let me show you why this is a bad bad thing. First let's say your playing space marines, because let's face it you're going to play space marines (Everyone and their $%^&# space marines). You don't go first. And it isn't night fighting.

UltraBloodDark Angel burly man over there has a lascannon. You're night shields bring it's 48" range down to 42"... So, woo. He can still hit you. It's probably twin-linked. He penetrates your raider on a roll of 2. Your raider is open topped, his weapon is ap2. It has a 50% chance of 'splodin'.

Being dark eldar we line the inside of our ships with spikes, because we have to put spikes on everything. We put spikes on ice cream. So it does S4 hits on everyone inside. Math says you'll lose 45 percent of them. You have a 5 up cover save with flickerfield. You better roll a 5 or up because he just destroyed 130 points of your army with one shot. Total chance of this scenario happening? 25% (Thank you flickerfields!). But I bet he bought more than one lascannon. Don't look at your raider as an investment. We dark eldar treat our raiders like we treat our slaves, we use them, abuse them, then throw them away for a new model.

Only other issue I have with the warriors is the sybarite. Not saying get rid of him. I don't use one, and honestly my dudes keep running away like little cowards, however you gave him a close combat weapon. Leave him with the splinter rifle. Warriors are little more than a speed bump against most units in assault, and should only be in assault if a) they're going to die, or b) they're going to die. The only difference between those scenarios is in one you pick when they're going to die.

Oh, and demiklaives aren't really worth the points.
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: First 1500pts pls be gentle.   First 1500pts pls be gentle. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15 2013, 18:18

As said, I'd lose all the upgrades on all the Raiders.

Also, here's the thing with Scourges.

5 x Scourges
2 x Splinter Cannon
x2
260pts

VS

3x Trueborn
2x Splinter Cannon
Venom with extra Splinter Cannon
x2
242pts

So for less points, you get 4 fewer bodies, but gain two extra vehicles and twice the number of Splinter Cannons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First 1500pts pls be gentle.   First 1500pts pls be gentle. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First 1500pts pls be gentle.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: