THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help me build my list around my have to take unit :)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MordredBloodyhand
Hellion
MordredBloodyhand

Help me build my list around my have to take unit :) Empty
PostSubject: Help me build my list around my have to take unit :)   Help me build my list around my have to take unit :) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23 2013, 10:00

I have returned to the Dark City and I am rebuilding my beloved Dark eldar. The must take unit I have are Incubi. They are the reason I love the Dark Eldar and so they are the beginning of the army.
I am taking an Archon plus 9 Incubi in a Raider. They are a counter punch and MEQ hunting unit.
So what should I take around them?
Troopswise I like the idea of a boat full of warriors with splinter gear. But should i be going for a more CC oriented list? Wyches with Haywires in Venoms are pretty good i think but they wont be assaulting without getting shot up by overwatch.
What about 15 strong units of Wyches foot slogging away up the field?
Maybe 4 units of them plus 2 Talos and 2 Chronos plus a voidraven bomber?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my list around my have to take unit :)   Help me build my list around my have to take unit :) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23 2013, 10:07

It's my long-lost twin!!

Every time I see one of your posts I think "I don't remember writing that!" Very Happy 

MordredBloodyhand
Hellion
MordredBloodyhand

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my list around my have to take unit :)   Help me build my list around my have to take unit :) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23 2013, 10:09

Smile you were here first so i will change it for you!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my list around my have to take unit :)   Help me build my list around my have to take unit :) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23 2013, 10:12

That's very kind of you sir. Not a huge problem though so don't feel you have to!

MordredBloodyhand
Hellion
MordredBloodyhand

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my list around my have to take unit :)   Help me build my list around my have to take unit :) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23 2013, 10:13

Done my friend!!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my list around my have to take unit :)   Help me build my list around my have to take unit :) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23 2013, 10:52

Thanks very much. Like the new pic!

Back on topic...

With a 9-strong unit of Incubi plus the Archon himself there's not going to be too much that will survive even a single turn of combat with them. That in itself is a bit of a problem as ideally you want to finish an assault on your opponents turn to avoid being shot to hell when you wipe out their unit. How do you feel about dropping a few of the Incubi and using the points to strengthen elsewhere?

Footslogging Wyches is not something we generally see these days as they will tend to get obliterated by enemy shooting with no save and (unless you've added some Haemonculi) no FNP. Might be doable in a WWP list if you also bring a Talos/Cronos or two to draw away the enemy firepower and maybe even give you a couple of pain tokens before you assault.

spooniermist
Hellion
spooniermist

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my list around my have to take unit :)   Help me build my list around my have to take unit :) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23 2013, 12:33

The Count is right: Incubi are going to murder anything in combat, only to sit and get shot the next turn. If you really want to use 9 incubi, maybe split them into two 4-model squads with attached HQs. The problem here is that it'll get pricey quickly (especially if you want to have 2 tooled up Archons).

With regards to what to take with them, consider their strengths and weaknesses:

Strengths:

+ Good MEQ killers
+ Generally good in combat with most things that aren't hammernators
+ Well armoured, relatively speaking.

Weaknesses:

1) Massive hoards
2) Only combat options
3) Being shot
4) No anti-tank to speak of

To make up for their short comings:

1) Poison shots are pretty good here, as most hoards don't have better than 5+ armour, so Venoms and kabalites. Failing that, large blasts from Razorwings can do painful, painful wonders.
2) Not always a bad thing, but if your opponent is standing right at the back of their deployment zone you might find it hard to get to them in time. A bit of range is never a bad thing!
3) This is more of a tactics thing.
4) Wyches, Ravagers, Reavers and Raiders, to name a few, can help with this.

Squads of 5 wyches with h/w grenades would probably be fairly good here, as they can streak forward to put pressure on vehicles that Incubi can't deal with, and their Venoms can deal with troops.

Also, consider what will happen if you come up against a parking lot where all the troops are in vehicles: you're Incubi will be sitting around until they can be popped, so long ranged anti-tank is a good idea, like Ravagers (Wyches won't be too great here, as if they assault a tank, the incubi will have to wait til the next turn to assault).
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my list around my have to take unit :)   Help me build my list around my have to take unit :) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23 2013, 13:27

I use 4 with a Hq or 5 with a klaivex

Anything more is overkill.
400+pts in a AV10 vehicle, madness You can get away with it when its hammernators in a raider, but not when its Incubi in a Raider. Maybe ten without a HQ?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me build my list around my have to take unit :)   Help me build my list around my have to take unit :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help me build my list around my have to take unit :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: