THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Screaming Maw Kabalites

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

Screaming Maw Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Screaming Maw Kabalites   Screaming Maw Kabalites I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2011, 19:24

Alright folks, here's my first two Kabalites from the Kabal of the Screaming Maw.

A warrior from my first box of ten:
Screaming Maw Kabalites WarriorxwScreaming Maw Kabalites Warrior2c

And the Sybarite from the same:
Screaming Maw Kabalites SybariteScreaming Maw Kabalites Sybarite2

I am well aware that the backpack on the Sybarite looks huge. It's because I'm greedy. I wanted the Phantasm Grenade Launcher, but I couldn't resist the "bosspole" either, so with a couple of seconds cutting and shaving I managed to combine the two in one horrifically busy model. Don't worry, I'm going to play it safe with the next box.

Thoughts?

Raucir

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Screaming Maw Kabalites   Screaming Maw Kabalites I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2011, 19:47

Not bad. Purple and white (or silver) produce good scheme. Tried that with My Purple Knights.

Also, could You cut more background next time? That would look more "photo pro".

Raucir Lustingclaw
Kabalite Warrior
Raucir Lustingclaw

PostSubject: Re: Screaming Maw Kabalites   Screaming Maw Kabalites I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 23:54

No problem - thanks for looking!

So, I was supposed to finish my Warrior squad, but I got a bit excited and ended up assembling my first wych squad and Succubus instead. Sad Unpainted and assembled with the kind of over-excited glee that ruins more models than it saves, here are the highlights...

Succubus Lehira:

Screaming Maw Kabalites Succubusz.th

By far the busiest and most self-handicapping model I've ever assembled. See, if I'd been more thoughtful about it I would have painted her various parts and then assembled her, but then the aforementioned glee took over. Rookie mistake. I'll deal with it when I have to... ..aw man, and I've just spotted that bit of flash on the spearblade. >.<

Next up, the Hekatrix from my Wych squad (affectionately dubbed "Sorenika" as a tribute to Soren from Underworld):

Screaming Maw Kabalites Hekatrix.th

DAMN RIGHT SHE'S GOT DUAL AGONISERS.

Again, overenthusiasm reigns. I decided to give the Hekatrix the Agoniser whip from the Succubus model, but then spotted the spare agoniser from my warrior box. A few moments chopping, filing and maniacal cackling and there she was!

And finally, the Lacerai from the Wych squad:

Screaming Maw Kabalites Lacerai.th

By far my favourite model thus far assembled. Look at the dynamism in that pose! I gave a miniature round of applause to Games Workshop after assembling this one - the pose and equipment alone gives it this awesome sense of speed and aggression - perfect!

Tomorrow I should probably buckle down and finish painting that warrior squad. Although I do have another Raider which could do with building...

Raucir

P.S. Thinking about it, I should probably move this lot over to a blog or something.

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Screaming Maw Kabalites   Screaming Maw Kabalites I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14 2011, 08:43

Succubus Lehira is awesome, very dynamic! Each one of these is a lot of work, but they will all look great in the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screaming Maw Kabalites   Screaming Maw Kabalites I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Screaming Maw Kabalites
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: