THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle

Go down 
+2
DEfan
SERAFF
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle Empty
PostSubject: Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle   Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 08:01

I plan to run my new list with Sliscus accompanied by Grots.
So at the beginning of my first turn I would like join the Duke to the Splinterborns for giving super-poison. And then embark on a raider and go HTH with the meatshields. But that means my Grots are alone in the vehicle at the beginning of the movement phase.
Do I need to pass the Berserk Rampage test in that case?
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

PostSubject: Re: Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle   Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 08:45

I would say "yes, they need to pass a berserk rampage test." Buy another HQ to babysit them and then play a game of musical chairs on turn 1.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle   Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 09:07

Sadly yes. No way to avoid it. Buy a 50 point Haem and stick him in there. The extra pain token never hurt either.

Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle   Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 09:19

Why would they need to take a test when they are not on the board?

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle   Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 09:28

@Vasara wrote:
Why would they need to take a test when they are not on the board?
I think the same way. But it is never specified, when they can not take the test. It's not a leadership check, which you can avoid in a Vehicle or in a building.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle   Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 09:46

Because the rule simply says "at the beginning of the movement phase", with no limitations.

DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle   Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 13:23

Take an extra haemi, start with FC, he can always peel off later if need be, but there is room for him in the vehicle

Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle   Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 17:22

@Count Adhemar wrote:
Because the rule simply says "at the beginning of the movement phase", with no limitations.
What hapens if grots are in reserve. Or dead?Very Happy 

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle   Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 17:33

I would say if the Grots. are in reserves then they do not test, but the after they come in whether it be in a transport or not if they are not with an IC then they have to test. I wish there was a way around it, but really I mean 1/6 chance of triggering it, I think the odds are in our favor that those crazy dude won't go all kamikaze lol.

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle   Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02 2013, 13:28

Well, yeah, but playing the odds means one in six and a bit games, you auto lose before your first movement phase.

SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle   Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02 2013, 14:01

Ok, let's assume, that we need to pass the test when in a Raider and we fail. How should we measure distance? Does it mean that all the attacks will hit the raider, because close combat attacks can not go outside the transport?
Or should we measure the distance from the Raider's hull? If so then another question - is the raider itself a subject for taking hits from the berserk Grots or not? We measure FROM the hull, so I suppose the Raider is "not of range"....

A good question from Vasara. What should we do with the berserk Grots when they are in reserve?

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle   Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03 2013, 13:11

Nothing happens in reserve, ever.
And yes, I'd measure from the hull, and include the vehicle.
And yes, "grot bombing" does sound viable, except you cant predict it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle   Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grots and the Berserk Test when in a Vehicle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: