HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Elf Witches

Go down 
AuthorMessage
the_dukes_scion
Hellion
the_dukes_scion

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30 2013, 13:05

I assume by now most have seen the new WD with the Dark Elf Witches. Who isn't drooling at the conversion opportunities there? Could make and excellent hekatrix bloodbride squad, what with those whips and masks and other fun stuff. I think the poses are excellent and someone with skills (not me) could really make these interesting.

Thoughts???
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30 2013, 13:57

At $60 for 10 I have no interest. There are other companies with "witch" type units with a similar quality for far cheaper.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30 2013, 14:06

@clively wrote:
At $60 for 10 I have no interest.  There are other companies with "witch" type units with a similar quality for far cheaper.
Not that I'm defending these ridiculous prices but I just checked the Raging Heroes website and 10 of their SF Blood Vestals would cost $50 in metal or $66 in resin. Not seen anything from other companies that is similar but I'm sure there are some out there.

Gru6y
Slave
Gru6y

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30 2013, 15:34

I am very interested in the other comoanies which make similar models for far less. So far, i have only seen Blood Vesrals from RH, and these as pointed by CA aren't exactly cheap. I am very excited by the new models as I don't really like GW wyches or RH's Vestals.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30 2013, 17:40

Wait, they're pricing the new witch set at $60 when the Mortis Engine prices at $62?
That can't be right. Is it?

EDIT: and apparently it is...go figure.

Ah well, it's not like I pay GW retail even at my FLGS so I'm sure the sticker shock will seem a little less silly when it's priced around $50 like I'm mentally used to seeing.

I do love the idea of them for some converting though, it will probably be on a back burner but I will unquestionably get a box or so of these at some point to do just that.

I do have to say one of my favorite things about them is they simply have large breasts as opposed to the usual lolomgwtf large breasts most models get (if you grok that difference). I'm appreciative.

Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30 2013, 21:04

I just realized, Sisters of Slaughter whips could be used as hair braids!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30 2013, 21:41

Just going to nudge this over to "Painting & Modelling Discussion." Cheers, Gob.
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30 2013, 22:18

Thor, I feel the same about overtly overendowed ladies.

Im not against large breasts (I have a couple of my own) but I always envisualise elves as being thin, sinewy things...Bit like modern teenagers.

And elves are also said to be rather androgynous anyway.
Back to top Go down
Gru6y
Slave
Gru6y

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 07:35

Also a fan of breasts here (Wink), but to be honest the overly curvatious nature of RH Blood Vestals is the main reason I really don't like them. I imagine wyches as ultra-fit, nible fighters, not strippers with boob-jobs.
That is why I also like the new WFB Witches and can't wait until the order comes to me (on Friday hopefully).
Back to top Go down
the_dukes_scion
Hellion
the_dukes_scion

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 08:33

I also saw a preview of the second wave of dark elves. The executioners, whilst not perfect, have some interesting components that might make interesting Incubi conversions too. The heads in particular are very interesting, as are some of the adornments hanging off them. From the waist up someone with the skills could do a good conversion, waist down is all chainmail, not very 40k.

Was thinking I will need a box of both wyches and witches to do some mixing and matching. and the sisters of slaughter masks could be used elsewhere as well, maybe on hellions or jetbikes?

Wych
facelessabsalom

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 11:36

I think chainmail can work in 40k among lesser races or even on DE with special taste...
CSM have chain mails covering their groin and BTs love chain mail.

I'll buy a box of those witches for conversion and adding more wyches to my army. I got enough spare splinter pistols anyways. I'm trying to convince me that the box is worth its money because of all the spare bitz and stuff.
Back to top Go down
the_dukes_scion
Hellion
the_dukes_scion

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 12:19

yeah, the cost of the box is harsh. its $70 aussie so it hurts a little more. still want it tho. apparently the hair is a separate piece, so that might be an interesting conversion tool as well. am a little bit excited by this.

Archon
Thor665

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 12:42

I still feel terrible for what the Aussie players have to go through, it's brutal to think that I am in the 'reasonably priced' area considering what I think of their prices.

So is all the hair separate, or just the braids. Because if the witch hair is separate that is kind of interesting from a posing perspective.

Back to top Go down
Gru6y
Slave
Gru6y

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 12:50

From the looks of it, the hair are entirely separate:
Dark Elf Witches M3470604a_99120212007_2013WitchElvesSprue03_873x627
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 14:53

Does anyone know if they are the correct size for Wych conversions, or if the Eldar Weapons will look off-scale on them? Also the hands and heads are important. Fantasy weapons tend to be smaller and thinner (just look at Hellebron's weapons).

facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 16:51

I think that smaller and thinner weapons are nicer.

I'll probably pre-order the stuff from GW store... I'll make a report then.

But I believe the sizes should be roughly the same, it is GW products after all.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 19:40

I already intermix witches and Black Ark Corsair bits with my army and haven't noticed any issues yet.

Back to top Go down
the_dukes_scion
Hellion
the_dukes_scion

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02 2013, 09:09

I think some hellion parts as well might make some good conversion parts here too. That hair flying out the back would look good, give a different angle anyway. I think the mix and match will work well across much of the range. haven't considered the corsairs but how have you used them? Be keen to have a look.

Archon
Thor665

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02 2013, 09:43

I have them mixed throughout my army, but these are probably the most obvious uses of their bits;

Dark Elf Witches 101724_sm-Army%2C%20Army%20Profile%2C%20Dark%20Eldar%2C%20De

Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite
Plastikente

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02 2013, 18:04

I think there is masses of potential for some mixing and matching with the new Dark Elves, but in reality I probably won't spare the money for it any time soon. I'm dreaming of buying the Cauldron of Blood and mounting it on the hull of a Tantalus (no idea how well it would fit) and using the Bloodwrack Medusa as a female Haemonculus.

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark Elf Witches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Elf Witches   Dark Elf Witches I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Elf Witches
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS