THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Flock Suggestion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DrakeHarkonnen
Hellion
DrakeHarkonnen

Flock Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Flock Suggestion   Flock Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10 2013, 04:55

Looking for Suggestions and examples of what people use for their razorwing flocks, The official GW ones seem really bland. I've tried the Reaper Bones mini swarm of bats but material it is made out of causes it to be super shiny and am looking for ideas.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

Flock Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flock Suggestion   Flock Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10 2013, 05:23

Flock Suggestion 275523_sm-Dark%20Eldar

My answer is maybe of debatable usefulness.

For some of my flocks I use the default models, but I split them up so I get 3 bases out of one pack, I then add them sawing open Ultramarines to add weight and density back to the bases.

Also, on the far left side you can see some of the old Necromunda Ripper Jacks, which I also use as Razorwings and I think work excellently.

Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

Flock Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flock Suggestion   Flock Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10 2013, 11:36

https://www.thedarkcity.net/t931-alternative-sources-for-dark-eldar-models

You could find something useful here, maybe not in the thread directly but through the links to other shops and sculptors. If you find anything useful, please feel free to post your findings there Very Happy

An example from that thread:
http://masqmini.com/index.php/masq-mini/fairground.html (previous does not work, so I linked this instead)
Back to top Go down
Omnicide
Hellion

Flock Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flock Suggestion   Flock Suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12 2013, 17:48

I decided not to go with a beast build, but I was going to do Tyranid Gargoyles as reapers , buy one box of those, 1 to a base gives u much better cost then buying the razorwings...

seems like a cool idea to have the beasts based off of tyranids as well, maybe genestealers as khymerae, or melee warriors/raveners
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flock Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flock Suggestion   Flock Suggestion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flock Suggestion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-