THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?

Go down 
+5
commandersasha
Skyboard surfer
DominicJ
autopilot
Eldritchwarmaster84
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Eldritchwarmaster84
Kabalite Warrior
Eldritchwarmaster84

Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?  Empty
PostSubject: Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?    Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04 2013, 23:35

People keep telling me no not only one can throw it, but u can subsistute your shooting to throw 10 grenades ( i had 10 wyches)
So that means if thats true bye bye land raider, monolith, khorne lord of skulls, tesseract vault, dias of destruction anything lol. Please verify if this is true because if it is im very stupid and dumb to not have known that. Please comment Wink btw i believe only one guy from the unit can throw a grenade idk.
Back to top Go down
autopilot
Hellion
autopilot

PostSubject: Re: Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?    Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04 2013, 23:40

You can only throw one grenade with a squad.

However, in close combat, all of the wyches can use one grenade each.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?    Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 08:05

AP has it, one thrown grenade AND ten close combat grenades
They work better in fives though in my book.

Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?    Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 11:50

Yep, and no overwatch by vehicles...

Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?    Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 18:36

Oh wow, I'd never thought to chuck a HW grenade...now I feel doopid! Can't wait to try that out, I play recklessly and live for the 1 in 6 glorious flukes, so the girls popping a Rhino AND giving the boys inside special cuddles in the same turn would just be wonderful!
Back to top Go down
psycheer
Kabalite Warrior
psycheer

PostSubject: Re: Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?    Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 19:01

It's really fun to chuck Haywire grenades at jets! I've had 4 judges called on me for it. Very Happy

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?    Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 19:07

You can also throw Haywire Grenades on overwatch. Not super useful but I do have very fond memories taking the last hull point off a charging Space Wolf dreadnought with an overwatched HWG Smile
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?    Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?  I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 22:47

You cant nade flyers can you?

clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?    Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 00:50

Sure you can. It's considered shooting a weapon. Of course, its at BS1 so you need a 6 to hit... But if they aren't doing anything else, why not?

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?    Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 08:06

I'm fairly sure theres a rule, but if not, thats very awesome!

LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?    Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 13:18

Other grenades are usually "blast" grenades, so you cannot hit flyers with them.
HWG is not a blast one. But maybe there is a rule somewhere which states that grenades (any type) can't be thrown to flyers.

My question is : If you have thrown a haywire grenade (one per unit) to a vehicule during your shooting phase, could you still use these HWG in close combat (one per attacking model, as described p61)?

DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?    Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 14:15

Yep, they arent one shot.
You can shoot your splinter pistols and still use them in combat (as a club not a pistol)

clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?    Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?  I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 16:46

The relevant rules allowing it are:

Pg 81 - first paragraph: template, blast and large blast cannot hit flyers in zoom mode. Everything else takes a snapshot.

Pg 62 - haywire grenades. They are Assault 1 ( not a blast ).

Pg 61 - first paragraph of the grenades section (in bold ): only one grenade of any type can be thrown by a unit in the shooting phase.

Summary: you only throw one and it can be at zooming flyers.

In close combat: any, or all, of the models in the unit can choose to use a single grenade each instead of doing their regular attacks. So if you have 5 wyches assaulting a rhino, they can make 5 grenade attacks.

PostSubject: Re: Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?    Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wych Haywire spam? Is it doable?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: