THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Derk Erlder LERVER

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabre DeC
Hellion
Sabre DeC

Derk Erlder LERVER Empty
PostSubject: Derk Erlder LERVER   Derk Erlder LERVER I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20 2013, 23:24

I think I'm going to try and apply this kick ass lava theme from this guy's Firehawk conversion (Google "eldar firehawk conversion"...he's Path of the Outcast) for my army vehicles...

Derk Erlder LERVER Dark_e11

Then I'll do something along these lines for all the infantry themselves...

Derk Erlder LERVER Dsc07710

and base them like this....

Derk Erlder LERVER Dscn0410

Whatcha guys think? Too much?
Back to top Go down
http://sabredingostudios.wordpress.com
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

Derk Erlder LERVER Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derk Erlder LERVER   Derk Erlder LERVER I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 09:16

If you're not experienced painter, it'll be hard work and a long road. If you got the time and patient, no problems. Just need to get down to painting, practice and learning.

You'll need glow-paints(fluorescent paint) and alot of shades/blending. And practice free-hand.

It's very cool and awesome theme!
Back to top Go down
Sabre DeC
Hellion
Sabre DeC

Derk Erlder LERVER Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derk Erlder LERVER   Derk Erlder LERVER I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2013, 04:53

Thanks for the interest! I actually paint miniatures professionally so it's not really the work I'm wondering about. REally...I wanting to know if "TOO MUCH RED...." (^_^)

I will learn the way of the cocaine induced bloodrage! I will embrace feeding men their entrails in poisoned barbecue! My heart will brim with joy as the masters of this community teach me the secrets of scalping Croot! This is my story...

I paint miniatures professionally...and I rawk face at it. Check out the gallery!

W/L/D = 2/8/0 (T_T)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Derk Erlder LERVER Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derk Erlder LERVER   Derk Erlder LERVER I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2013, 09:36

I worry that the models will get lost on the bases if they are both fiery. I'd suggest either one or the other.

Sabre DeC
Hellion
Sabre DeC

Derk Erlder LERVER Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derk Erlder LERVER   Derk Erlder LERVER I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2013, 20:50

Ok that's a good point. Si should I do the bases and change the models scheme or vice versa?

EDIT: LOL your sig pic is the best thing Ive seen...pretty much ever. May I use it?

I will learn the way of the cocaine induced bloodrage! I will embrace feeding men their entrails in poisoned barbecue! My heart will brim with joy as the masters of this community teach me the secrets of scalping Croot! This is my story...

I paint miniatures professionally...and I rawk face at it. Check out the gallery!

W/L/D = 2/8/0 (T_T)
Back to top Go down
Malevolent-Storm
Hellion

Derk Erlder LERVER Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derk Erlder LERVER   Derk Erlder LERVER I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2013, 21:45

I agree; I'd do the bases and the troops in different, probably contrasting, colors. It will make your model "pop" more. You might be able to do a style similar to the lava base, but do in in glowing green or greenish lava for example.

Kabal of the Malevolent Storm
Back to top Go down
http://malevolent-dice.blogspot.com
Sabre DeC
Hellion
Sabre DeC

Derk Erlder LERVER Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derk Erlder LERVER   Derk Erlder LERVER I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24 2013, 03:21

Brilliant. Moot green lava it is! Ta everyone!

W/L/D = 2/8/0 (T_T)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Derk Erlder LERVER Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derk Erlder LERVER   Derk Erlder LERVER I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24 2013, 09:51

@Sabre DeC wrote:
Ok that's a good point. Si should I do the bases and change the models scheme or vice versa?

EDIT: LOL your sig pic is the best thing Ive seen...pretty much ever. May I use it?
Feel free. I nicked it from someone else's sig so I can't complain!

Sabre DeC
Hellion
Sabre DeC

Derk Erlder LERVER Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derk Erlder LERVER   Derk Erlder LERVER I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25 2013, 02:49

Mwah!

W/L/D = 2/8/0 (T_T)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Derk Erlder LERVER Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derk Erlder LERVER   Derk Erlder LERVER I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derk Erlder LERVER
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS