THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Painting Wraithbone

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Painting Wraithbone Empty
PostSubject: Painting Wraithbone   Painting Wraithbone I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20 2013, 15:19

Anyone got any good tips for painting wraithbone on Eldar? I'm painting up a Wave Serpent at the moment and I'm having a bit of a nightmare coming up with a decent method. I don't have an airbrush by the way.

agosyb
Hellion
agosyb

PostSubject: Re: Painting Wraithbone   Painting Wraithbone I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2013, 05:22

I don't know about the body of a tank, but on weapons I throw a coat of dheneb stone (or any bone/off-white color), sepia wash, and then highlight the raised/top areas with the same base color again. Quick, easy, and doesn't look half bad
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Painting Wraithbone   Painting Wraithbone I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2013, 10:43

Thanks. I've ended up using Vallejo Ivory with a sepia shade. Not entirely happy with it but I think it will have to do.

thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Painting Wraithbone   Painting Wraithbone I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13 2014, 23:47

I use: Karak Stone, Sepia wash, Karak/Screaming Skull 50/50 highlight, then a final Screaming highlight.

I want to experiment after that with a blue or purple wash and more highlights for a proper magicky look, but has anyone already tried that? I'd love to know before I go ruining everything!
Back to top Go down
http://Www.bakeframes.bigcartel.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting Wraithbone   Painting Wraithbone I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting Wraithbone
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion