THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Venom-delivered incubi:

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nightblade
Slave

Venom-delivered incubi: Empty
PostSubject: Venom-delivered incubi:   Venom-delivered incubi: I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18 2013, 20:50

I'm new to DE and am brainstorming my first list. I plan to go for fast raider/venom spam with a goal of decent anti-power armour cc.

I play casually with a couple friends who play power armour based armies ( Blood Angels and CSM).

Is it feasible to do multiple small incubi units on venoms?

I was thinking:

* cc archon joined to incubi in venom
*haemonculus w/ liquifier and incubi in venom
*haemonculus w/ liquifier and incubi in venom

I didn't list all the bells And whistles of
How I would kit everything , I'm just curious if this is a viable tactic considering my regular opponents?
Back to top Go down
Nightblade
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Venom-delivered incubi:   Venom-delivered incubi: I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18 2013, 20:53

I should mention i will be building a 1500pt list to start.

I thought three small units like this give me deployment/tactical flexibility but they can hang up as a pack as needed.
Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion
ravenizer

PostSubject: Re: Venom-delivered incubi:   Venom-delivered incubi: I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18 2013, 21:50

I think question is wether you realy need more anti-power armour in your list if you run venom spam?

Incubi are cool and all, but bit pricey for All comer lists. It's not like it's unplayable, but generaly if you're taking so many venoms + incubi, its a bit too heavy tailoring for my taste against your opponents, if you say, that they are spamming power armor aswell. I'd prefer blasterborn in elite slot in their place. Not only they're good anti high armor, but also serve Anti-tank role.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Venom-delivered incubi:   Venom-delivered incubi: I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18 2013, 21:54

If the player you play against don't run much mech using cissies on ravages and reader jet bikes with cluster caltrops will ruin any marines day Smile.
Back to top Go down
Nightblade
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Venom-delivered incubi:   Venom-delivered incubi: I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19 2013, 01:41

My BA opponent is Usually infantry heavy with the occasional dreadnought and at most 1-2 tanks ( sometimes a single vindi or rarely a land raider crusader/redeemer, very rarely both.

Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion
ravenizer

PostSubject: Re: Venom-delivered incubi:   Venom-delivered incubi: I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19 2013, 12:03

I feel that the only need for incubi, are heavy termies armies, like Deathwing or gks. 3 such incubi units will eat alot of points, and you need some troops and heavy support slot, becouse those vindies and land raiders are going to be pain in the ass if you don't run enough lances Smile
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Venom-delivered incubi:   Venom-delivered incubi: I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19 2013, 12:40

Three with HQs is a lot at 1500pts

If you archon is 145pts+, its a huge amount.

Although the HQs are only 13pts more than squad leaders.

Two would be fine, I've ran two at 1200pts Smile
But three is a lot.

But it depends on the rest of your list.
Maybe lose the archon?
You dont have a "deathstar" but all three units charging almost any hammer will tear it to pieces.

fuhrmaaj
Kabalite Warrior
fuhrmaaj

PostSubject: Re: Venom-delivered incubi:   Venom-delivered incubi: I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19 2013, 13:54

As other people have mentioned, Incubi do exactly what you think but at a huge cost. I guess the question is whether you want Incubi, or do you want an army which counters power armour because those are very different questions. The best solution to power armour in the DE list is a lot of shooting and disintegrators don't hurt.

If you've got 4-6 Venoms at 1500 pts, you shouldn't have too many problems dealing with Space Marines. If you've got 3 Ravagers, then at least one of them can use Disintegrators which do a number to 3+ saves.
Back to top Go down
Nightblade
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Venom-delivered incubi:   Venom-delivered incubi: I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19 2013, 14:17

I was thinking:

* Archon w/ power weapon, soul trap, shadow field, and combat drugs

As for your question fuhrmaaj, I mostly thought two venoms with haemoculi led incubator flanking my archon w/ incubi bodyguard in heir own venom would look sweet zipping across the tale... Smile. From a fluff perspective I was going to have my Archin known for his cadre of loyal incubi that always accompany him and that he assigns to protect his pair of haemoculi that always seem to be in his company.

From a gameplay perspective I felt this little strike team of three units could hit fast and hard where I need them supported by cheaper kana lite raider units and ravager fire, etc.

So I guess my main question is: if I drop the two incubator units with the haemoculi, what do I send with the Archon's unit to support them?

I felt if I kept the rest of the army cheap by not going crazy with upgrades/war gear that the costs of the I cube could be evened out a bit.

Do people think two blasterborn units in venoms would be better then the two additional incubi units?

Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Venom-delivered incubi:   Venom-delivered incubi: I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19 2013, 17:52

5 troops with upgrade in a venom cost 125pts
5 Incubi cost 175pts

Pts really isnt an arguement against them in my opinion, its purely a limit of utility.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venom-delivered incubi:   Venom-delivered incubi: I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venom-delivered incubi:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: