THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000pt Deepstriking Army

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Slugster13
Slave

1000pt Deepstriking Army Empty
PostSubject: 1000pt Deepstriking Army   1000pt Deepstriking Army I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 10:53

Hi, as a new Dark Eldar player I have been fiddling around with some lists and ideas and so far this is the best army idea I've come up with. I actually have all the models to play this army but no more and some aren't 100% accurate to weapons or wargear.

Hq Unit
Duke Sliscus (150)
9 Kabalites, Splinter Cannon (91)
Raider DL, Flickerfield (70)

Troops
Hekatrix w/Agoniser (40)
9 Wyches, 2 Razorflails/Shardnets (110)
Raider DC, NightSheilds, Aethersails, Flickerfeild (90)

Elites
5 Trueborn, 4 Blasters (120)
Venom, Dual Cannons (65)
5 Trueborn, 2 SplinterCannons (80)
Venom, Dual Cannons (65)

Heavy Support
Ravager 3DL, Flickerfield (115)

Total - 996
The idea is to Deepstrike everything or everything but maybe the Wyches, The Ravager and the Splinter cannon Venom. Land, blow the frak out of any Vehicles and Decimate troops with Venoms and Dukes Squads firepower. I know only 2 troops could be a problem but hopefully being able to dictate when the engagement starts and the level of initial firepower I will have should make up for that. Any extra ideas or help would be most welcome.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt Deepstriking Army   1000pt Deepstriking Army I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 11:47

A deep strike duke army seems pretty fun, until you remember that you are only allowed to have half of your army in reserve, and that if you have no models left on the board at the end of your turn, you have automatically lost.

St a deep strike duke army only starts getting viable at 1500+ points, as than you can have a ground force large enough to outlive round one.

Sad but the truth.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt Deepstriking Army   1000pt Deepstriking Army I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 12:41

Ah I was thinking about Apocalypse rules I think. Still, would it not be viable to start with the Wyches and the 4xSC Venom and then deepstrike the other 3 Units as in 1000pt game Id expect to survive turn one especially as Id be keeping them out of range and in cover until the DS units arrive
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt Deepstriking Army   1000pt Deepstriking Army I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 17:55

Out of range and in cover is, as far as I know it, hard to manage. But it could still work.

I guess try it out. In not sure, as I don't have my rulebook with me, how far a vehicle has moved, when it deep strikes. It could be that you are only allowed to take snapshots, or else get out of the vehicle, but that would decrease the survivability of you units.

I hope I don't sound like the "ney" sayer, as I am also very interested in a deep strike duke army

PostSubject: Re: 1000pt Deepstriking Army   1000pt Deepstriking Army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000pt Deepstriking Army
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: