THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Exort1
Hellion

1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons Empty
PostSubject: 1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons   1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08 2013, 18:16

Hellos comrades! I'm playing against Necrons at 1500 pts this saturday, and I'm hesitating between two lists.
This guy plays competitively and will show no mercy, so I'm trying to build the best list possible. Give me your honest thoughts Smile

List 1:

HQ:

Baron Sathonyx
Farseer on Jetbike

Troops:

5x Warriors (Blaster) in Venom (2x SC, Grisly Trophies)
5x Warriors (Blaster) in Venom (2x SC, Grisly Trophies)
5x Warriors (Blaster) in Venom (2x SC)
10x Guardians (Defender) in Wave Serpant (Scatter Laser/Shuriken Canon)

Fast Attack:

3x Beastmasters, 5x Khymaera, 4x Razorwing Flocks
5x Warp Spiders

Heavy Support:

Ravager (3x DL)
Ravager (3x DL)
3x War Walkers (2x Bright Lance each)

Total - 1496 pts

List 2:

HQ:

Baron Sathonyx
Farseer on Jetbike

Troops:

5x Warriors in Venom (2x SC, Grisly Trophies)
5x Warriors in Venom (2x SC, Grisly Trophies)
5x Warriors in Venom (2x SC)
10x Guardians (Defender) in Wave Serpant (Scatter Laser/Shuriken Canon)
3x Windrider Jetbikes

Fast Attack:

3x Beastmasters, 5x Khymaera, 4x Razorwing Flocks
5x Warp Spiders

Heavy Support:

Ravager (3x DL)
Ravager (3x DL)
3x War Walkers (2x Bright Lance each)

Total - 1502 pts

Yes, the only difference is that in the second list I removed the Blasters on the Warriors and added the Jetbikes. I've been having second thoughts on whether the additional Blasters on the MSU Venom squads are really worth it.
If you could give me some advice before the game I'd be thankful.
I haven't played too much against Necrons so any in-game tips would also be very much appreciated Smile

Last edited by Exort1 on Thu Aug 08 2013, 21:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion
ravenizer

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons   1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08 2013, 20:27

5 khymeras and 4 flocks use up 3 beastmaster slots, not 4 Smile. And I'm not sold on warp spiders. I think there are better choices in both codexes. Other than that, seems solid.
Back to top Go down
Exort1
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons   1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08 2013, 21:43

ravenizer wrote:
5 khymeras and 4 flocks use up 3 beastmaster slots, not 4 Smile. And I'm not sold on warp spiders. I think there are better choices in both codexes. Other than that, seems solid.
Oops slight typo there on the beastmasters Razz It's edited now.
What would you replace the spiders with?
And how do you feel about my "blasters on the warriors" vs "windriders" dilemma?
Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion
ravenizer

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons   1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09 2013, 10:54

If I would have to pick between blaster warriors and windriders, I would go with windriders. In my games they were the main scoring/contesting element. It's surprising, that from the whole list, one of the most dangerous units are actualy those windriders. Can't count how many games I lost to enemy windriders, and how many I won with them. Before new Eldar codex they were already one of best pickups, but now, when they're cheaper, better... Lovely Smile

Well, It's dependable on their role obviously. Even another Venom with warriors or another ravager might suit better. If I would have to pick something from Eldar book, I'd go with Crimson hunter, or another wave serpent.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons   1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09 2013, 14:01

Necron was my first army and I have to say that those warp spiders will be great with the generally low initiative of crons.

Remember to focus fire and not give the squad a chance to get back up. Be aware of what does and doesn't have reanimation (the entire army doesn't have it contrary to popular belief)

Crons don't have termies so the best those blasters will be popping is armor 3 immortals.

Lastly don't forget which vehicles of his have been penned as most lose most of their AV then.

Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons   1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09 2013, 14:12

Oh and sorry for the double post but I forgot something major. DO NOT get in CC with his lords if they have scarabs (if you must bring your trophy venoms in for a re roll)

Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons   1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09 2013, 14:33

Stay way from warsythes..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons   1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 pts DE/Eldar vs Necrons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: