THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise

Go down 
+4
DominicJ
Skyboard surfer
Cavash
commandersasha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise Empty
PostSubject: Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise   Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06 2013, 11:18

Pet hate: buying £100s of rulebooks, then STILL having to cross-reference latest FAQs, errata etc.
As such, I have just edited the DE FAQ from the website into a format that can be printed, and cut into inserts for each page, so that when I am choosing units, I have all their latest rulings. It's a .doc, or a .pdf

For example, one segment has the errata(in red) and the FAQs(in black) for Baron and Lilith, so it can be added between pages 48 & 49. I intend to use double-sided tape near the spine to add it as a separate mini-page.

Questions:
Moderators, if I share this am I breaking forum rules? (It's free information from GW)

Other members, anyone want a copy? Useful for noobs like me, and anyone who doesn't want their book defaced but who hates carrying sheafs of printouts!

I won't post or even PM it until I get an answer from the Mods.

I am now going to do the same for the rulebook, and Tyranids.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise   Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06 2013, 11:36

As long as it's stuff from the PDF's and not from the any of the Codices then I'd say you're fine to do it. They tend to get annoyed when their books are photocopied or stored electronically, but the FAQ's are a free user resource. If anything they should be thanking you for spreading their rules around and making it easier to use.

This is a great idea, so feel free to share it here.

Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise   Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06 2013, 13:08

Sounds like a great idea - I'd love a copy

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise   Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06 2013, 13:21

Oddly, errata used to be printed in such a foprmat so that you could cut them out and glue them in your codex!

ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise   Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06 2013, 15:10

id like a copy too please Smile

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise   Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06 2013, 17:19

That is a brilliant idea!
I would do it myself, if you didn't do it already.

Pls mods, do approve, or I'll have to do it myself geek 
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise   Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06 2013, 18:26

OK, think this will work, please let me know if it does, I'm an idiot on computers!
Word version:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1dMgrU3mcLKcloycm9GMXI2RFE/edit?usp=sharing
PDF version:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1dMgrU3mcLKU2c4NlBUM1hJMDQ/edit?usp=sharing

The underscore lines are where to cut, Errata and updates are in red, FAQs are in black.
Everything is cut&pasted, not re-typed, so should be word-for-word perfect.
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise   Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06 2013, 19:13

Ta very much Cool 

Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise   Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06 2013, 23:40

OK, a few hours' reformatting, and the large Rulebook is done,15 pages of it!
Again, this is designed to be trimmed to fit in the book, underscore lines indicate where to chop each section for a double-page spread (apart from MCs and Flyers which needed a whole page anyway!)
Errata are red, FAQs are black.

Word version (edittable):
Word version
PDF version:
PDF version

...and finally, the versions for the little rulebook!

Word version

PDF version

4a. Please refrain from double posting. You may "bump" a post every 48hrs if you feel you are not getting responses. Double posts in project logs are acceptable. /Your friendly mod SS
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise   Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07 2013, 12:48

Thank you very much sir!
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise   Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07 2013, 21:26

@commandersasha wrote:

4a. Please refrain from double posting. You may "bump" a post every 48hrs if you feel you are not getting responses. Double posts in project logs are acceptable. /Your friendly mod SS
Not sure which double post you meant: I accidentally doubled, so edited the second to "please remove", which has now been removed; the rest of my posts have been unique, as they are links to the 3 different edits: the codex, the large rulebook and the small one.
Either way, sorry!
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise   Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07 2013, 21:34

Great work! I might look into getting this added to the resource section of the website (where downloads to the FAQs are linked).

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise   Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11 2013, 09:08

thank you sasha, very useful.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise   Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Useful FAQs rewrite: Mods please authorise
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: