THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cult of the Sand Viper - 1000 points

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sand Viper
Hellion

Cult of the Sand Viper - 1000 points Empty
PostSubject: Cult of the Sand Viper - 1000 points   Cult of the Sand Viper - 1000 points I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05 2013, 19:15

Hi everyone,

First proper post for me since I registered so I thought I'd put my list up for comment and discussion.

I assembled & painted a small DE force (600 points) earlier in the year for a doubles competition, and decided to boost the list up to 1000 points for gaming with my friends. Saying that I'm trying to build a fairly competitive take all comers in case one of them surprises me and doesn't take their usual army!

Here's the list:
The Baron 105

8 Hellions 128

8 Wyches Haywire Grenades 96
Raider, Dark Lance, Flicker Field 70

5 Warriors, Blaster 60
Venom, Extra Cannon 65

5 Warriors, Blaster 60
Venom, Extra Cannon 65

3 Trueborn, 2 Splinter Cannon 56
Venom, Extra Cannon 65

Ravager, 3 Dark Lances Flicker Field 115
Ravager, 3 Dark Lances Flicker Field 115

The list at 600 points was pretty tight, but at 1000 I can afford to take some toys. I have to confess I was torn between reavers and hellions. Head said reavers as a better tactical choice, but Heart won as I decided on Baron + Hellions: I really like the look of the models.

So thoughts/comments? Any obvious holes or blundering errors?

Thanks for reading

Sand Viper
Back to top Go down
Shadowharte
Hellion
Shadowharte

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Sand Viper - 1000 points   Cult of the Sand Viper - 1000 points I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05 2013, 19:50

Personally I find it very sound, but NS may be better than FF against certain armies, for your ravagers
Back to top Go down
Sand Viper
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Sand Viper - 1000 points   Cult of the Sand Viper - 1000 points I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10 2013, 20:18

That's a good point about the NS and certainly worth trying out.

I must admit I am a bit addicted to the FF; it gives some defence if I'm not going first, haven't got jink up and there isn't enough cover for all my skimmers, and against ignores cover weapons.
Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Sand Viper - 1000 points   Cult of the Sand Viper - 1000 points I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14 2013, 05:49

I never leave home without them. 5+ invul and cheap too. Worth every point in my book.

PostSubject: Re: Cult of the Sand Viper - 1000 points   Cult of the Sand Viper - 1000 points I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cult of the Sand Viper - 1000 points
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: