THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Got a 1250 list, what do you think vs eldar?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tensler
Slave

Got a 1250 list, what do you think vs eldar? Empty
PostSubject: Got a 1250 list, what do you think vs eldar?   Got a 1250 list, what do you think vs eldar? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02 2013, 16:48

So story goes i play somewhat competitively with a few freinds, one with IG (who i usually have no trouble with) and one with Eldar. (another ally has Tao+necrons) I find myself loosing more often than winning when it comes to the Eldar. A lack of no cover saves attacks is hurting my ability to kill his tanks, Mantle autharch/farseer and warwalkers (which he normally takes a few of). His troops are almost always jetbikes which he hides and harasses with or 5x dire avengers on transports which he just hides.

So my list goes like this.

Hq Haemunculous, liquifier gun, shattershard, venom blade. 80
(with)

troops
8 wych with haywires and a hydra 106
on - raider w. dark lances 60

2x10 Karabite warriors with splinter cannons 200
2x raiders, dark lances 120

3x wracks 30
Venom, 2x cannons 65

4xTrueborn with 2 splinter cannon 68
Venom, 2x cannon 65
4x trueborn with 4 shredders 68
Venom 2x cannon retrofire jets 70

3x Ravagers, dark lances 315

What do you think? Strengths weaknesses? Particularly vs eldar
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: Got a 1250 list, what do you think vs eldar?   Got a 1250 list, what do you think vs eldar? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02 2013, 17:09

Weakness? CC punch unit. Warlord with no survivability.

Further more:

drop either shattershard or LG on the Heamy, hey conflict each-other and I doubt that you get to shoot both weapons in a battle that much.
Drop the Hydra on the wyches (what is this anyway?) You should consider 5 wyches with 1 succubus. Succies are great at lower point games.

Trueborn: drop the 4th trueborn on SC squad, 1 extra body is nothing with a 5+ save on T3.
I don't know about the shredders: great on paper if you get into the range but typically you can get better anti troop options. That is what SC and LG wracks can do for you.

I would like to add NS on the Ravagers if you have points to spare.

Furthermore I would rather see a 9-10 Wrack squad in a Raider to go and crush enemies in CC.

I have little experience at 1250 points, so I might get most things wrong. But I think that 5 warriors or 5 wyches in a venom would do great in this list. Venom come with free FF and can be put in front of your Raider to provide cover if needed. Trueborn seem to be too juicy to perform this role.

General idea is to have too many target for your opponent or have units that pose a problem to drop fast enough: like 3 Taloi: no army has enough shooting to bring them down in 1 turn.

VS Eldar I would say LG should work fine, because they can fry their bikes and troops. But typically their vehicles are well protected vs Dark matter shots. So I would go CC way. As Eldar have some nice shooting options: nothing negates shooting as being locked in combat. Keep in mind that you want to win in 2 CC phases, to prevent retaliation shooting. So 3-4 Incubi with PGL Archon would be a great hammer unit.
Back to top Go down
Tensler
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Got a 1250 list, what do you think vs eldar?   Got a 1250 list, what do you think vs eldar? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02 2013, 23:49

reason ive got haemunculous is to try an minimise points spent on Hq so i can put some real kick in the army whilst also providing the wych with FNP for when their transport gets blown. I generally send them on a far flank to tackle a few isolated units but i do find my warlord normally dies. I have been debating a second squad of Wych on a raider to spread the threat along his board early, but my enemy rarely has any feet on the ground. Meaning that i worry about a redeploy from him.

The shredders drop in with the retrofire jets on the venom and generally go where-ever they can do the most damage, i quite often find i use them to tackle jetbikes with the venom guns and warwalkers with their shredders where they usually do decent damage.

i agree on the two templates, ill drop the LFG and keep the shard. Ill drop the hydra gauntlet from the wych as more bodies are more important. He has recently had a thing for Doomweavers so i generally find my wych get destroyed if they fail a charge or their transport drops. Due to his dependence on jetbikes he tends not to put them in terrain too much and that combined with jetbikes weak melee abilities mean that i dont feel PGL can make back its point cost in bodies.

Ive used incubus in the past. Debating using them again.

NS or flickerfields on the ravagers would be strong. He always has weapons with ignore cover in his army. Ill think on this.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got a 1250 list, what do you think vs eldar?   Got a 1250 list, what do you think vs eldar? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got a 1250 list, what do you think vs eldar?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: