HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Airbrush Compressor

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Airbrush Compressor Empty
PostSubject: Airbrush Compressor   Airbrush Compressor I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29 2013, 13:03

A friend has offered me an airbrush but I need to find a compressor for it. My main requirement is that it be very quiet as I only get to paint late at night when both my wife and baby are asleep. Any recommendations?

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Airbrush Compressor   Airbrush Compressor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02 2013, 11:54

Having decided to move my airbrushing to the garage so as not to risk waking the baby or 'er indoors, I was looking at this as a beginners kit. Anyone got any comments on it? Good? Bad? Cheap? Expensive?

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Airbrush Compressor   Airbrush Compressor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02 2013, 14:32

I'm not familiar with that particular brand, but it does have everything that you would want-dual tank (much less noise), regulator with moisture trap. Should be fine. The only thing that I would want to see is a section of pipe to move the regulator away from the pump itself to prevent moisture buildup in the line. I would say for it at that price of the brand checks out.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Airbrush Compressor   Airbrush Compressor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02 2013, 14:39

Thanks. I've borrowed my friend's airbrush for a couple of weeks whilst he's on holiday so once I get the hang of using it I'll make a decision on getting one of my own.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Airbrush Compressor   Airbrush Compressor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02 2013, 14:42

This question seems to pop up quite a bit. Once you have a little time with the new one perhaps we can start a discussion thread in which people post their setup, modifications, and where they bought them as a guide for new airbrushers. I know that it certainly is a plunge money-wise and would prove to be a great resource.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Airbrush Compressor   Airbrush Compressor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02 2013, 14:52

Sounds like a good idea.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Airbrush Compressor   Airbrush Compressor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02 2013, 14:53

Send a PM to me after you get a little bit of time in with the new compressor and I'll start the thread as a guide for airbrushing beginners.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Airbrush Compressor   Airbrush Compressor I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02 2013, 14:57

Will do.

Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Airbrush Compressor   Airbrush Compressor I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2013, 05:32

Just select one with tank.

Compressor isnt super quite thing anyway, but with tank it will work less frequently.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airbrush Compressor   Airbrush Compressor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airbrush Compressor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: