THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
callofdoobie
Kabalite Warrior
callofdoobie

DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k Empty
PostSubject: DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k   DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 12:14

Been on a Daemon kick lately and my DE feel neglected, i'm liking the new Eldar codex so i'm looking at an allied list.  Here is what I drafted, tell me what you think!

DE-

HQ: Archon w/ Blaster
      Barebone Haemie

Elite: 4x Kabalite Trueborn w/ 4 blasters and Venom (Splinter Cannon and Nightshield)
       4x Kabalite Trueborn w/ 4 blasters and Venom (Splinter Cannon and Nightshield)

Troops: 5 man kabalite squad w/ Venom (Splinter Cannon and Nightshield)
          5 man kabalite squad w/ Venom (Splinter Cannon and Nightshield)

Fast Attack: Beast Masters x2, 2 Packs of Khymera's w/ 5 pups in each

Heavy Support: Ravager w/ Dark Lances, Flickerfield, and Nightshield
                     Ravager w/ Dark Lances, Flickerfield, and Nightshield

Eldar-

HQ: Farseer on jetbike w/ runes of witnessing

Troops: 5 man dire avenger squad w/ Wave Serpent (Scatter Laster and Shuirken Cannon)
          5 man dire avenger squad w/ Wave Serpent (Scatter Laster and Shuirken Cannon)

Heavy Support: Fire Prism

1998 pts

So the premise is pretty obvious, shoot my opponent's army into oblivion, scatter laser wave serpents and prisms do this amazingly well (if you haven't had the pleasure of trying them please do!) and of course we have our venoms, blasterborn, and ravagers.  Farseer goes in beastmaster unit and takes 2 rolls at fortune, if he doesn't get it at least I can twin-link 2 units (presciene and guide) while still having a decently durable bodyguard unit.  I do foresee a few problems in multiple objective games due to the fact my scoring units are so small and easy to kill, i'm hoping 6 of them will be enough to mitigate this however.  So what do you think Dark City?

**Forgot to add the trueborn on there cause i'm a big dumb dumb, the mistake has been fixed lol! **

Last edited by callofdoobie on Tue Jul 23 2013, 13:06; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k   DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 13:02

Seems legit. My only question is what do you need the hamey for? It's 50 points for an additional kill point and a pain token. I bet there are better ways to spend 50 points in your list, like adding razorwing flocks.

Also, you totally lack AA. A helldrake list will wipe you off the table faster than you can say pain.

callofdoobie
Kabalite Warrior
callofdoobie

PostSubject: Re: DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k   DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23 2013, 13:08

Haemie goes with a unit of blasterborn (just fixed it and put them on there lol) to give FNP, admittedly razenwing flocks may be a better choice, I like more wounds in the farseer's unit.

As far as AA goes, the Wave Serpants can be surprisingly effective, plus twin linking my two Ravagers constantly should give me enough AA, not a lot but enough, Helldrakes wouldn't be fun but I don't think they would be my doom either.  Night Scythes however; well that's another story.
Back to top Go down
callofdoobie
Kabalite Warrior
callofdoobie

PostSubject: Re: DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k   DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 17:35

Changed it up; here is the new list, let me know what you guys think!

DE-

HQ: Archon w/ Blaster

Elite: 4x Kabalite Trueborn w/ 4 blasters and Venom (Splinter Cannon and Nightshield)
4x Kabalite Trueborn w/ 4 blasters and Venom (Splinter Cannon and Nightshield)

Troops: 5 man kabalite squad w/ Venom (Splinter Cannon and Nightshield)

Fast Attack: Beast Masters x3, 2 Packs of Khymera's w/ 5 pups in each, and 2 Razorwing Bases

Heavy Support: Ravager w/ Dark Lances, Flickerfield, and Nightshield
Ravager w/ Dark Lances, Flickerfield, and Nightshield

Eldar-

HQ: Farseer on jetbike w/ runes of witnessing

Troops: 5 man dire avenger squad w/ Wave Serpent (Scatter Laster and Shuirken Cannon)
5 man dire avenger squad w/ Wave Serpent (Scatter Laster and Shuirken Cannon)

Heavy Support: Fire Prism

2000 pts
Back to top Go down
Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k   DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 21:44

Looks good. The one thing I would alter is to drop all the nightshields and one blaster from each blasterborn unit. Some additional minor cuts in the beastmaster squad and you can afford another double sc venom with 3 trueborn armed with 2 splinter cannons for 121 points.

El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k   DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 23:45

I would invest some more points into scoring units. You do have 6 but they mostly lack survivability.

I'm also feeling sad for the Archon: what will he do? Join one of the Blasterborn squads? He does look like an easy victory point with slay the warlord.
I'm sad because all his CC stats aren't used but paid for. You could get a cheaper Heamy if your looking for a cheap HQ. It would even allow for move Venom Spam troops! 3 wracks a Venom.
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k   DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26 2013, 08:00

Ok, I would make it more cheesy Wink
Just to warn you, I am the cheese on top of your cheese so well ye... thats how my advice will go.

I would just go:

Baron Sathonyx

5x Warrior w/blaster in Venom w Dual SC

3x Beastmaster, 5x Khymera, 4xRazorwing

Ravager
Ravager
Ravager

Fareseer on bike
5x Dire Avengers in Wave serpent
7x Warp Spiders
Wraithknight

Oh I love myself a wraithknight! Even in a DE list he will shine bright as a star Smile

Finn
Kabalite Warrior
Finn

PostSubject: Re: DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k   DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26 2013, 10:51

The Wraithknight is golden. I've been using it in my meldar list to great success. A fragile army needs a tough, fearsome model to draw all the fire and it's also quite effective on it's own. There is nothing better than IDing a charging demon prince in overwatch, lol Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k   DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE w/ Eldar Allies 2k
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: