THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

Battle Damage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Battle Damage Empty
PostSubject: Battle Damage   Battle Damage I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2011, 19:46

I've always looked at Dark and Craftworld Eldar vehicles and noticed that nobody ever paints and/or models battle damage on to the hulls. Is there a reason why you wouldn't see mud, scratches, bullet holes and the like?

http://www.coolminiornot.com/281684

I was browsing coolmini the other day and saw quite a nice Razorwing which actually had some damage on there which looked quite nice and led me to reflect upon the subject.

So, why don't we see battle damage? Do you have a reason you don't include it?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
https://www.thedarkcity.net
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Battle Damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Damage   Battle Damage I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2011, 20:52

I guess main reason is fact that our vehicles are either undamaged... or burning. Also, DE ofen "warp out", shoot stuff and get back to webway so we can maintain vehicles between battles.

Nomic
Wych
Nomic

Battle Damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Damage   Battle Damage I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2011, 23:39

I have one Warrior converted from the Raider hanger ons where when I was removing the "hanging" hand I accidentally cut off a piece of the shoulderpad along with it. So I ended up painting it like a bullet had hit the shoulder and broken off a piece. Also I got silver paint splashed on the part of the Raider's decks under the tessaleted parst, and instead of covering it all up (which would be pretty hard as my brush barely fits there) I just fixed the most obvious errors and left the smaller splashes that can pass off as paint chipping.

Noth
Slave

Battle Damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Damage   Battle Damage I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04 2011, 21:47

@Sky Serpent wrote:

So, why don't we see battle damage? Do you have a reason you don't include it?

Personally I think that it makes more sense to have pristine Dark Eldar vehicles because virtually any of our vehicles that is shot at and hit goes down in a fiery wreck. This is why I have modeled my warriors bases with chunks of raider wreckage under their feet, because odds are when I'm putting them on the table they just walked out of a crater that my raider just made. Twisted Evil

It also seems like a successful Archon would have plenty of slaves to repair any ships that had a little chipped paint when he goes back to Commorragh.

I also strive for my army to look united / consistent somehow, and I'm not sure how good it would look if all vehicles were all scratched and scraped up.

Lastly... to be pragmatic, its more work! Basically would have to paint vehicles to look pristine, then scratch them all up!
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Battle Damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Damage   Battle Damage I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2011, 16:12

For me - the eldar models are just to nice to dirty up!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sponsored content

Battle Damage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Damage   Battle Damage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle Damage
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-