THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Unholy Trinity

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

The Unholy Trinity Empty
PostSubject: The Unholy Trinity   The Unholy Trinity I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15 2013, 20:23

Hi All:

So there is going to be an insane tournament at my FLGS next month. It will likely be my last game of 40k before I move to another state. It's also (almost) an apocalypse tournament--1850 points per player per team--3,700 points per side on 4x8 tables.

Keeping that in mind, I wanted to team up with my Eldar/Tau pal. The consensus we came to is that we should just try to hit the opposition as hard as we possibly can. To that end, he's bringing his Riptide, 2 Hammer Heads, a Skyray, Crisis Suits galore, Dark Reapers, a Farseer, and as many big guns as he can bring (to the detriment of Troop choices). Depending on what the Farsight Enclave book brings, it could be even crazier Crisis Suit shenanigans than normal.

We talked about it and we also feel that the Eldar/Dark Eldar we bring will be critical for the purposes of taking objectives. We feel this because there are simply no synergies between a Fire Warrior blob and my army. So we are collectively bringing about ten troop choices, unless the Farsight Enclave book makes Crisis Suits Troops.

So, this is what I was looking to bring:

HQ
Vect 240
Farseer 100
Haemonculus 50

Elites
5 Incubi in Raider with Night Shields 180

Troops
Rangers 60
5 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster in Venom with Dual Splinter Cannons and Night Shields 135
5 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster in Venom with Dual Splinter Cannons and Night Shields 135
10 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster in Raider with Night Shields 185
10 Kabalite Warriors in Raider with Night Shields 170

Heavy Support
Ravager with Night Shields 115
Ravager with Night Shields 115
Razorwing Jetfighter with Flicker Fields 155
Fire Prism with Ghostwalk Mantel 135

NOTES: Vect helps us hedge deployment by increasing the odds of first turn deployment (2/3 instead of 1:1 chance). He and the Incubi will be a solid beat-stick that can be used as a counter-assault unit. Both of our Farseers will be guiding our big guns (Ravagers, Riptides, Hammerheads, and so on) unless one of us rolls invisibility... in which case Vect & Co. will be sporting a 2+ cover save. I am unsure if I will be taking Disintegraters or Dark Lances on the Jetfighter--there are two players who have flyers at my store and I am one of them.

We Have Hard Counters For:
High AV
MEQ
Drop Pod Armies
Cover Reliant Armies
Flyers
Assault Armies
Terminator Armies
Tyranids

Concerns:
Collectively low Troop count (10, unless Crisis Suits become Troops)
Collectively poor Troop durability
Night Shields displaces enemy shooting onto Tau
Kill Points

Kabalite Warrior
Eldritchwarmaster84

The Unholy Trinity Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Unholy Trinity   The Unholy Trinity I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 14:58

Its a good list to start but if you really want ridiculous firepower, 5 kabalite trueborn with 2 Splinter Cannons and 3 shardcarbines in a Dual SC venom, what do we get? 33 shots my friend, all posioned too. Now multiply that by how many u wana take. Ya..... Thats alot of saves your opponent has got to make.
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

The Unholy Trinity Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Unholy Trinity   The Unholy Trinity I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 16:07

"Collectively poor Troop durability"

You could amend this by buying some wracks: you already bought the Heamy.
Maybe drop the incubi to 4 so they can fit in a venom together with Vect. Vect is rather capable with less support.

Also, why bring those Night Shields on transports? They only matter at 30+ inches. For assault elements this will be only first turn. Other troops only have a range of 24", ... or don't you wanna shoot their splinter rifles?
My guess is that your enemies will need to come to you as they want to hurt the Tau guns. So you might as well move up, to get into rapid fire range and give the Tau space to shuffle around.

4x8' isn't that large for 3500 points, me thinks.

And the composition of the Tau list is also important to know if you would need more AP2 anti infantry shooting.
This list looks short on AT on long range (even short range). So I would leave the Dark Lances on the Razorwing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Unholy Trinity Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Unholy Trinity   The Unholy Trinity I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Unholy Trinity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-